Reading is my escape discussion

■Authors We ♥ A-Z■ > Diana Gabaldon

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lauren (new)

Lauren | 1 comments The Outlander Series is great!

message 2: by Tegan (new)

Tegan (therowdylibrarian) I just purchased the first book and cannot wait to read it!

message 3: by Shelly (new)

Shelly (shellye77) It was hard for me to read/listen to for the first half, but it got better and better. I haven't read the second in the series yet, but I hear it's even better, so I will probably be starting that soon!

message 4: by Shannon (new)

Shannon | 7 comments I'm thinking of buying the first book at borders when the prices come way down.

message 5: by Shelly (new)

Shelly (shellye77) My borders is already closed! Has been for a while, so I totally missed the sales!

message 6: by Tegan (new)

Tegan (therowdylibrarian) Shell's Bells wrote: "My borders is already closed! Has been for a while, so I totally missed the sales!"

That's really sad!! :( Some of the Borders around here close early, now the rest are. It's weird how they did it.

message 7: by Shelly (new)

Shelly (shellye77) I wonder about the Waldenbooks, if they've already closed. Sad, I use to work for them, but I haven't shopped there since I left 5 years ago - must be why they are closing! I went straight to their major competitors, B&N and Amazon.

message 8: by Tegan (new)

Tegan (therowdylibrarian) I don't know, I haven't heard much about them in awhile! Yeah, B&N was always some pretty big competition. But once everyone learned about Amazon that had to have been a big blow to the companies!! Yikes! I think the reason they're doing so well is they made their own ebook readers.

message 9: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer  (jennifersbooklist) | 2 comments In Canada, Chapters and Indigo bought up everybody else and then merged. There's nothing else but indie stores.