Simply Irresistible Jill Shalvis discussion

Off Topic Chat > Best book...

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bekah, I wanna get Jax wasted! (new)

Bekah (bekah317) | 246 comments Mod
If you had to absolutely choose, yes a gun is at your head, what is the best book you've ever read?

You can do more than one if you like... :-) I know its hard.

message 2: by Dee (new)

Dee | 44 comments Wow I have read so many that is really hard for me. I like so many in different categories... I remember a book i read clear back in high school. that has stuck with me every since. It is Jubilee by Margaret Walker... I can't say it is my favorite but it is the one that has stuck with me the longest...

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) So many faves that I couldn't choose. They would have to shoot me :(

message 4: by Bekah, I wanna get Jax wasted! (new)

We can't shoot you Pamela!! Pick 3 or 5. This question popped into my mind because Jill posted something similar on facebook awhile back and its always great for possibly finding new books.

Just like you Dee, this may not be my absolute fav but it has stuck with me for years and I always recommend to people: The Tiger's Woman by Celeste De Blasis

Really great story!

message 5: by Pamela(AllHoney) (last edited Jul 16, 2011 06:37AM) (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) There are some great and awesome books out there but for a fave I'd have to go with books that I would want to reread and have reread.
So for that I'd say one of Linda Howard's Open Season by Linda Howard , Mr. Perfect by Linda Howard , Cry No More by Linda Howard , Mackenzie's Mountain (Mackenzie Family, #1) by Linda Howard
or Lisa Kleypas' Devil in Winter (Wallflowers #3) by Lisa Kleypas , It Happened One Autumn (Wallflowers, #2) by Lisa Kleypas , Dreaming of You (Gamblers, #2) by Lisa Kleypas or any in the Hathawsy series
or Julie Garwood's Ransom (Highlands' Lairds, #2) by Julie Garwood , Honor's Splendour by Julie Garwood

message 6: by Bekah, I wanna get Jax wasted! (new)

You're a Derek Craven fan, huh?? I loved Then Came You (Gamblers, #1) by Lisa Kleypas best. I also loved Cry No More! I wondered where all the crying was supposed to happen near the end of the book and literally like turned the page and lost it!!! :-)

And I can't wait to get to the Wallflowers in my LK journey!! Almost there. I have a few more rereads and then a bunch of new to me books by her!! Some very great months of reading coming up!

message 7: by Bekah, I wanna get Jax wasted! (new)

So...along this topic...my beta boy is now asking to be gently shown into the historical romance world. He loved Jill's Simply Irresistible..it was a gentle loss of his romance virginity, but now its time for the historicals....

Any suggestions? What should I give him to read and hopefully fall in love with?

He's requesting a book where the hero is either an artist or military man.

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) Hmmm, I'd say something by Lisa Kleypas, Bekah.

message 9: by Bekah, I wanna get Jax wasted! (new)

I thought the same, but then...how do I choose???

message 10: by Bekah, I wanna get Jax wasted! (new)

Then Came You (Gamblers, #1) by Lisa Kleypas might be good!