The Sword and Laser discussion

A Dance with Dragons (A Song of Ice and Fire, #5)
This topic is about A Dance with Dragons
2011 Reads > ADWD: Tyrion: Chapter 1

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Chilimac | 28 comments I've been so ambivalent about Tyrion that I cannot remember how I felt about him after we saw him last. I've felt sorry for him, hated him, loved him, you name it. I love his inter-conflict.

So where is Tyrion going to go from here. Is he going to form some kind of a partnership or aliance with Illyrio? Take off for Dorne? Or will he go to Daenerys & would she take him?

PS. I haven't been to active in the forums until now so I hope I'm not breaking any etiquette rules but I think I really need to comment chapter by chapter. If I wait a few chapters I know I'm gonna miss something.

Keith Kelly (nedkelly) | 79 comments I'm hoping that Tyrion is given a dragon, and takes back Casterly Rock with it....that image is just too good not to happen!!

Peter | 142 comments Tyrion is my favorite character, and I'm glad that Martin started off the book with him. The poor guy has had so much dumped on him.

I'm hoping he joins up with Daenerys, but as her Hand, he made a great one under Joeffery but had to clean up all of his crap and deal with his sister on top of it. Tryion is just the kind of adviser that Daenerys needs, cunning but not amoral.

message 4: by aldenoneil (last edited Jul 16, 2011 12:37PM) (new) - added it

aldenoneil | 1000 comments Peter wrote: "Cunning but not amoral"

I'm not up on the role playing parlance, but would Tyrion be considered "chaotic good?"

Peter | 142 comments aldenoneil wrote: "Peter wrote: "Cunning but not amoral"

I'm not up on the role playing parlance, but would Tyrion be considered "chaotic good?""

probably, i was never the best at figuring out what someone is, but either chaotic good or chaotic neutral

message 6: by Brett (new)

Brett (LOK1) I always liked Tyrion I mean through out all the books he never really murdered anybody. he took care of the hooker (who double crossed him) So he Murdered his father, but you have to admit that Papa Lanister kind of deserved it. He was only accused of killing Geoffrey and crippling Brand. He is a friend of the Nights Watch and Joh Snow. It seems to me that Tyrion is just a guy trying to live and keeps getting crapped on by the rest of the world and so he does what is necessary to survive.

message 7: by aldenoneil (new) - added it

aldenoneil | 1000 comments Brett wrote: "He never really murdered anybody. he took care of the hooker (who double crossed him) So he Murdered his father"

"Fuck yo couch," as the saying goes.