Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > New Cover Art Merge

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarra (last edited Jul 15, 2011 10:59AM) (new)

Sarra Cannon (sarra_cannon) | 11 comments Hi! I recently had new cover art designed for the first three books in my series. The books are still showing entries with the old covers. Is there any way to merge all of these entries and show only the new covers? There also seems to be one entry for B&N and one for Kindle. Is this normal? Or should I try to have those merged? I am going to link all the different covers and editions and I would appreciate whatever can be done to streamline these entries! THanks so much!!!

Beautiful Demons:
Beautiful Demons Old Cover 1
Beautiful Demons Old Cover 2
Beautiful Demons New Cover 1
Beautiful Demons New Cover 2

Inner Demons: Inner Demons Old Cover 1
Inner Demons Old Cover 2
Inner Demons New Cover 1
Inner Demons New Cover 2

Bitter Demons: Bitter Demons Old Cover 1
Bitter Demons Old Cover 2
Bitter Demons New Cover 1
Bitter Demons New Cover 2

Book 4, Shadow Demons recently came out and also shows as two editions (one which doesn't yet show a cover). Here are the links to that book:

Shadow Demons 2

Thank you for any help!! I appreciate it!

Sarra

message 2: by Paula (last edited Jul 15, 2011 11:20AM) (new)

Paula (paulaan) | 7029 comments Sarra,

Your books look correctly set up, we do not remove books with "old" covers as those books are shelved by people (most like the correct book cover edition on their shelves).

The cover that displays on your author page is the most popular (shelved edition) by GR Users, there is no way at present to change that.

Do you have a cover for the Shadow Demons edition without one?

Edit: Found a version on Barnes and Noble

message 3: by Beth (new)

Beth (bethjustbeth) | 1586 comments You would set up an alternate cover edition:

http://www.goodreads.com/help/librari...

because you want to have both covers on GR...but the old ones will probably show up as the default, for awhile, since they've been around longer...and will have been shelved by more people.

message 4: by Beth (new)

Beth (bethjustbeth) | 1586 comments Lovely covers!

message 5: by Sarra (new)

Sarra Cannon (sarra_cannon) | 11 comments Okay, thank you for the help!