The Important Girl Stuff > Exercise and Fitness

Comments Showing 1-38 of 38 (38 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sky (new)

Sky | 182 comments Mod
How do you stay fit?

message 2: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ I DON'T.
Ha, really. I need to exercise more often. I dance and take walks. That's about it.

message 3: by Sky (new)

Sky | 182 comments Mod
I am a dancer,cheerleader and gymnast.So....I'm very active

message 4: by [deleted user] (last edited Jul 15, 2011 09:59AM) (new)

Yoga always works. If you just need to tone then there's yoga toners that you could do.

message 5: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ Oh! I love yoga, too.

message 6: by Megan (new)

Megan | 134 comments Does marching band count? Cause that requires a lot more work than ya think. Haha but I'm not active AT ALL. Although I may be skinny (thanks to a high metabolism) I have NO muscle. I used to, though. I was in cheer, ballet, tap dancing, gymnastics, swimming and a whole bunch of other stuff. Then I got a laptop. xD jkjk but seriously I need to get in shape. Any suggestions??

Ruby~am I a part of the cure? (openupyoureyes) | 105 comments Ugh lucky :( I'm horrible at this. I started going to gym though. 15 minutes on the tredmil and 15 on the cycle. Well it's a start, I'll probably increase the time soon.

message 8: by Sara (new)

Sara Roethle (saracroethle) I hike between 1 and 6 miles a day (depending on how much time I have). I get too bored with everything else ;)

message 9: by Sky (new)

Sky | 182 comments Mod
@Megan. Just walk. Then I don't have one of my many activites I walk and jog around my neighborhood. Helps with leg toning

message 10: by Madelyn (new)

Madelyn (mad31lina) | 309 comments I run and walk, and sometimes do yoga.

message 11: by Elizabeth: (new)

Elizabeth: (elizabeth_white) i swim for a hour and half every week day morning

message 12: by Thalia (new)

Thalia (thaliaanderson) Oh man. I'm really bad at this.

I have a back problem, so I can't even really do gym at school anymore (I was told I'll never do a situp ever again, which...I can live with, hahaha), so I have to do either yoga or swimming ("exercise with no gravity = no pain!"). I don't have a pool I can go to, though (the one across the street from my house is membership-only, and the wait list is ridiculously long), so I just stick to a yoga routine, walking on the treadmill we have, and walking around my neighborhood outside.

It's not great for toning muscles, but it's something, right?

message 13: by Sherry (new)

Sherry (sdmccarty) Until my gym reopens, I just walk around a lot. Usually to/from work (about 1 hour to and 1 from).
But, when the gym reopens, I'll go back to what I used to do (hopefully...). That was: warm-up, weights, abs, walking, some class (usually a fighting class, abs class, or some dance). Gonna try to get yoga and pilates in there if the classes are available. Oh, and personal training! Nothing like a hot trainer to get you motivated!

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm head cheerleader, fastest runner on teh track team, on the ice skating team, play basketball whenever I can, dance alot, play sccoer and hockey when I feel like it but I suck at both and badminton and swimming and horse backriding!!

Ruby~am I a part of the cure? (openupyoureyes) | 105 comments Wow Anny . Just wow. I suck at everything.

message 16: by Salma (new)

Salma (irock-) I go to the gym everyday :)

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Ruby~ForgotAboutTheSunshine wrote: "Wow Anny . Just wow. I suck at everything."

:) I think u just don't know what suits u best, everyonees gud at something

LUCKY!!I want to go to gym but I go to a private school so I don't rly have somewhere to go

message 18: by Thalia (new)

Thalia (thaliaanderson) I used to be able to play softball; I loved it. *-* But my position was catcher (and third base on occasion), and with all the bending, I just couldn't do it anymore. :/

The only sport I'll ever love. <3

message 19: by Ally (new)

Ally (tennis_reader) | 20 comments Thalia wrote: "I used to be able to play softball; I loved it. *-* But my position was catcher (and third base on occasion), and with all the bending, I just couldn't do it anymore. :/

The only sport I'll ever..."

I play catcher. But softball isn't a main sport for me. Mine is tennis. I do P90X and lift weights. I'm gonna try to start running again since I haven't cuz i hurt my knee and couldn't run. But yeah. My tennis is like everything to me. And its what I want to get a scholarship in college for. So i stay in shape. It won't be too long before college. Three years. OMG

message 20: by Cici (new)

Cici (CierraRanee) i dont really exercise... i go for walks alot which is usually about a mile to three miles a few times a week but when school starts i plan on getting into a sport like volleyball or something with my bff

message 21: by Mal (last edited Jul 16, 2011 07:22PM) (new)

Mal (malxox) I don't really excerise but I do Just Dance on the Wii becuase it has good songs, and I walk my dog every now and then :) That and I am usally chaseing my brother around the house becuase he took my phone or iPod or something.

message 22: by Ayesha (new)

Ayesha I dance..alot and I can swim and badminton but I hate trying out for teams and I'm learning ice skating but I should probably gve up I injuire way to many ppl

message 23: by Tash (new)

Tash (sixteeen) I jog every morning before school and I'm in my school's soccer varsity. Yeah, I have abs. lol

message 24: by Sky (new)

Sky | 182 comments Mod
Anny wrote: "I'm head cheerleader, fastest runner on teh track team, on the ice skating team, play basketball whenever I can, dance alot, play sccoer and hockey when I feel like it but I suck at both and badmin..."

I used to love ice skating! I was on a team before the rink closed! Now the during rink is in Chicago and I don't drive all the way there alot

message 25: by Sky (new)

Sky | 182 comments Mod
Tash wrote: "I jog every morning before school and I'm in my school's soccer varsity. Yeah, I have abs. lol"

I have abs too!

message 26: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ Malxox wrote: "I don't really excerise but I do Just Dance on the Wii becuase it has good songs, and I walk my dog every now and then :) That and I am usally chaseing my brother around the house becuase he took m..."

Oh my gosh, Just Dance is the best. It's surprisingly exhausting too. That's how I get my workouts... lol :)

message 27: by ß®ï:Dģε₮ *The Gothic Nerd of Revenge!* o.O (last edited Jul 18, 2011 10:01AM) (new)

ß®ï:Dģε₮  *The Gothic Nerd of Revenge!* o.O | 244 comments Hmmm, since my dad is a weightlifter, he's pretty crazy bout the gym. He goes four times a week after work and sometimes I join him. I also take dance and jog every Saturday morning for about an hour (that includes walking my two German Shepherds). I also have soccer pratice every Thursday after school and then softball practice on Mondays. Plus, my mom takes yoga on Sundays, so sometimes I go along. I try to swim after school whenever I can. I guess you can tell I like to stay busy.

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

♥Sky♥ wrote: "Anny wrote: "I'm head cheerleader, fastest runner on teh track team, on the ice skating team, play basketball whenever I can, dance alot, play sccoer and hockey when I feel like it but I suck at bo..."

:O y'd the rink close?

message 29: by Megan (last edited Jul 19, 2011 12:39PM) (new)

Megan | 134 comments I'd like to be more active, but when marching band practice starts (which is in two weeks) it's every single week day after school, plus game days, plus contests. So there's no way I'd be able to do any sport.

I've asked my mom to take me to the gym, but she says "you don't need to go to the gym" like I'm some little kid or something. I'm 14. I don't need to lose weight, I'm a stick, I just need to be more active. I can't go for walks, it's hard to explain. Okay, so my neighborhood is like two adjacent streets. Just two. They come off of the main road and end once they reach the water (I live on the ocean.) I've taken my dog for a walk, and it's like a two minute walk since I can only walk up and down one street. The main road is way too busy to walk down.

I could use the treadmill, or lift the small weights, but again, my parents won't let me use them. I think they think I'll go all aneorexic or something, cause I am already a lot smaller than average. Sooo, is there like any sort of aerobic exercise or something else that I can do?

message 30: by Sky (new)

Sky | 182 comments Mod
Anny wrote: "♥Sky♥ wrote: "Anny wrote: "I'm head cheerleader, fastest runner on teh track team, on the ice skating team, play basketball whenever I can, dance alot, play sccoer and hockey when I feel like it bu..."

I have no idea!

message 31: by Sky (new)

Sky | 182 comments Mod
Megan wrote: "I'd like to be more active, but when marching band practice starts (which is in two weeks) it's every single week day after school, plus game days, plus contests. So there's no way I'd be able to d..."

YOGA!

message 32: by Sherry (new)

Sherry (sdmccarty) I agree. Yoga or pilates would probably be good. Great way to build muscle and become more flexible!

I'm so excited!! I just got word that my gym will re-open on 8/16! Limited hours and every Friday off...but at least it's open! I just hope a good portion of the trainers and teachers come back...

message 33: by שָׂרָה (new)

שָׂרָה (ninjasquirrel) | 10 comments I probably should be more active, but I just joined my local gym and I'm on my school water polo team

message 34: by Savita (new)

Savita (haltranger) | 417 comments *groans* Please, don't remind me. I was a super skinny little kid. Then I grew up to get thunder thighs. >.< Two years ago, I ran cross-country. Slimmed down, shot up.
Then I stopped.
And now I'm trying to run again.

message 35: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 18 comments I try to walk everyday. Golf starts soon, and that always works my legs. Seriously, it may not sound tough, but you try walking 9-18 holes while carrying a 20-30 pound bag on your back!

message 36: by Savita (new)

Savita (haltranger) | 417 comments YOU SOUND JUST LIKE FEN!!

Sorry, 'nother off/online friend who plays golf...

Ruby~am I a part of the cure? (openupyoureyes) | 105 comments Am I the only one who isn't familiar with the word "exercise"?...

message 38: by Bookworm (new)

Bookworm Sapna (bookwormsapna) reckless dance behind closed doors