Girls Like Us discussion

48 views
Debates > Casey Anthony Trial

Comments Showing 1-50 of 78 (78 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by ♥Sky♥ (new)

♥Sky♥  | 182 comments Mod
Does anyone agree with me that this vile woman should be in jail for life?


message 2: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ YES. Ugh, I am so freaking angry about this. She's horrible. I can't even begin to comprehend. First of all, how could you look your own daughter in the face and decide to kill her? It's pretty obvious she was probably plotting the murder of her own child, which makes me sick. No, I guess they can't incriminate her if there's no evidence. However, regardless of whether she killed her daughter or not, she's an awful person. Even if there's no evidence of her murdering her daughter, there were photos taken of her partying recently after her daughter went "missing", and there were photos of her smiling during the freaking trial.

I do wish she'd been found guilty. However, I guess it doesn't make much of a difference whether or not she goes to jail. She has to live the rest of her life knowing, every day, that she killed her own little girl. And that's quite a punishment as it is.


message 4: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ Casey Anthony is a woman who was accused of killing her 3-year-old daughter. There wasn't really enough evidence to support that she did it, although it was still fairly obvious since Casey failed to report her daughter missing. Her grandmother had to report the little girl missing and said Casey's car smelled like a dead body.

However, since there was no solid evidence, Casey Anthony was found not guilty, even though it's fairly certain she committed the crime. It's true that Casey was sexually abused as a child and is a disturbed person, but I don't think that's any excuse.


message 5: by ß®ï:Dģε₮ *The Gothic Nerd of Revenge!* o.O (last edited Jul 16, 2011 02:14PM) (new)

ß®ï:Dģε₮  *The Gothic Nerd of Revenge!* o.O | 244 comments I think it wouldn't be fair to give Casey Anthony to death a sentence. There wasn't enough evidence. The jury could've sentenced an innocent woman to die.

However I do think she killed her daughter Caley. Why would she tell such elaborate lies to cover up a drowning? Why was the body buried and the mouth of Caley covered with duct tape? Why would Casey Anthony's car reak the smell of death? The worst part for me was that a couple days later, Casey was out partying and in a hot body contest! If I were a mother who had just lost her child I would be grieving. All in all a woman like Casey Anthony is easily described as a psychopath.


message 6: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra (cassandrarichards) | 8 comments I hate this trial with a passion. She really did pull the perfect crime...
Just UGH!
And the thing is, there is some people that actually believe with everything that she is not guilty. Are you kidding me!?
My boyfriend's parents were argueing (basically yelling and through stuff at each other) about our sides. I believe in respecting opinions, but if you are going to call me a "monster" for not believing that some crazy mom killed her daughter, I will definitely get very angry...
Anyway, this upsets me highly that she got off with just a year to complete her sentence for lying to the police. UHM! HELLO! She was freaking lying for a darn reason!
SMH...I will never understand this world...


message 7: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ Bridget_aka_Writing-freak! ;] wrote: "I thinkl it wouldn't be fair to give Casey Anthony to death a sentence. There wasn't enough evidence. The jury could've sentenced an innocent woman to die.

However I do think she killed her ..."


No, I don't think she should've been sentenced to death either. (Although personally, I'm against the death sentence completely. But that's an entire other debate.) But life in prison would have been a suitable punishment.

Ugh, the fact that she was partying when her daughter was dead––and she knew it, even if no one else did ... It actually makes me feel sick to my stomach. I don't know how someone could be so terrible.


message 8: by Madelyn (new)

Madelyn (mad31lina) | 309 comments She totally did it, and whether she was abused as a child or not, it's no excuse to kill your three year old daughter.


message 9: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ Exactly.


message 10: by Mal (new)

Mal (malxox) I agree she is SO guilty!!


message 11: by luhvBOOKS (new)

luhvBOOKS I dont think she's guilty...


message 12: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ luhvBOOKS wrote: "I dont think she's guilty..."

Because ... ?


message 13: by Danielle (last edited Jul 15, 2011 07:16PM) (new)

Danielle (ramblingbooks) Bridget_aka_Writing-freak! ;] wrote: "I thinkl it wouldn't be fair to give Casey Anthony to death a sentence. There wasn't enough evidence. The jury could've sentenced an innocent woman to die.

However I do think she killed her ..."


I agree with you 100%. I really do think she's guilty, but like you said, the evidence just wasn't there to prove it so it would have looked bad to sentence her to death (and i'm not sure where I stand with the death penalty either in general). They should have at least given her some time in jail. But you know what, even though she's being released, everyone knows who she is now and what she did (or didn't do, depending on your view) so people are going to be hard on her. I heard someone was stalking this girl that looked like her and attacked her on the news today, so her life is going to suck no matter what, and now she has to live with the guilt for the rest of her life, which in my opinion, isn't a very great way to live :/


message 14: by Elizabeth: (new)

Elizabeth: (elizabeth_white) She was in jail for 3 years or so already while the trail has been going. And like you said she has the guilt and the people like us who think she did it. Her life will from now on forever suck


message 15: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ Danielle wrote: "Bridget_aka_Writing-freak! ;] wrote: "I thinkl it wouldn't be fair to give Casey Anthony to death a sentence. There wasn't enough evidence. The jury could've sentenced an innocent woman to die. ..."

I heard about that too! My friend is a journalist and wrote an article about it:

http://www.hercampus.com/news-blog/wo...

It's horrible. This crazy lady was stalking this young woman who looks like Casey Anthony and who also has a daughter named Caylee. She actually ran her car into this woman's car and made her flip over twice! Luckily she wasn't seriously hurt, but geez ... Also mentioned in the article was this guy whose name is Casey Anthony who's getting all these hate emails and calls, etc. and he's like, "Um, I'm not THAT Casey Anthony." :P


message 16: by Thalia (new)

Thalia (thaliaanderson) This made me so angry. We were out of town during the trial, so we had to look it up online, and I could not believe what I read. It's unbelievable!

Even if she didn't kill her daughter, she should have gotten something for neglect! Who waits 30+ days to report that their baby is gone?! And then goes out to party, drink booze, and dance with strangers during that time!? How do you get to love, know and adore your own flesh and blood for three years and then decide that you just don't want them anymore?

And in the process of scrambling to proove her innocence, she accused her father and brother of sexually abusing her! She destroyed her relationship with her family, so what will she even do with her freedom anyway? She has no family that will want anything to do with her; no friends, because they all know what she's done. I would have been just fine if she'd been sentenced to death (since she would be on death row for awhile; plenty of time to think about what an idiot she is), but like Brigid said, that's a different discussion.

This makes me so angry. It's this sort of thing that makes me mad that I'm sixteen and can't make a difference. Now there's a murderer running free, doing whatever the heck she wants. It's DISGUSTING.

Also, anybody hear Jurer 14? Said that in the Anthony household, it was a tradition to wrap the things they buried in duct tape?! Like, DEFENDING that part of the story, like it was totally fine to wrap Caylee in duct tape, dump her in the woods and call it good. That should be evidence enough that Casey is completely guilty.


message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

I dont understand why that woman was so happy to be not guilty (still can't wrap my mind around it). She's gonna get jumped and mugged,count on it.


message 18: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra (cassandrarichards) | 8 comments Thalia wrote: "This made me so angry. We were out of town during the trial, so we had to look it up online, and I could not believe what I read. It's unbelievable!

Even if she didn't kill her daughter, she shoul..."


YEAH! If a family pet died in their house they would put duct tape on the mouth along with a kiss sticker thing! I heard about that, and they found that poor baby with duct tape on her mouth and with a kiss sticker on it! WTF!!!!??? Its unnatural.

Any who, Karma is b word and it will come back to her.
Granted there was not enough hard evidence, and I understand the people can't dictate off emotions toward the case, but there was enough evidence for me to where she would have to go to jail.

Also, they are keeping Casey away from the other people while she goes for her last year to jail so the other jailers can hurt her.
One thing about jail, they hate baby killers.

This whole case makes me sick.


message 19: by luhvBOOKS (new)

luhvBOOKS ♥ Brigid ♥ {Lion Hearted Girl} wrote: "luhvBOOKS wrote: "I dont think she's guilty..."

Because ... ?"


Because she doesn't seem like the kind of person who would kill her own child.


message 20: by Mal (new)

Mal (malxox) Yeah but the thing is she didn't tell anyone that her child had gone missing for a whole month....


message 21: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ luhvBOOKS wrote: "♥ Brigid ♥ {Lion Hearted Girl} wrote: "luhvBOOKS wrote: "I dont think she's guilty..."

Because ... ?"

Because she doesn't seem like the kind of person who would kill her own child."


Really? That's your argument?

Just because she doesn't look the part doesn't mean she's not a murderer. Not to sound creepy, but murderers mostly just look like anyone else you pass on the street every day.

I would have no trouble believing she murdered her daughter. She seems to have no emotions whatsoever. Her daughter was "missing" for a whole month, and she didn't report it. And there's photo evidence that, in that time, she was out partying and drinking all the time like she didn't have a care in the world. I saw pictures of her smiling during the trial. It's disgusting. No, there's no solid proof she killed Caylee, but there is proof that she seems to be a total sociopath.

Thus, "she doesn't seem like a murderer" isn't a valid argument in my opinion.


message 22: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ Cassandra wrote: "Thalia wrote: "This made me so angry. We were out of town during the trial, so we had to look it up online, and I could not believe what I read. It's unbelievable!

Even if she didn't kill her daug..."


*shudders* Ugh, that's so sick. How could you use that as evidence? "Oh, they always just wrap things in duct tape when they bury them. Gerbils, fish, 3-year-old girls ... perfectly normal."

*headdesk*


ß®ï:Dģε₮  *The Gothic Nerd of Revenge!* o.O | 244 comments Either way, Casey Anthony was a bad mother. If she killed her daughter, then she's a murderer. Nuff said. But if Caylee drowned, she's still a horrible mother because she neglected her child. I mean who lets a three year old swim in a pool unsupervised?


message 24: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ Not to mention the whole "burying her in the woods and not telling anyone" part.


message 25: by linaaaa ~ (new)

linaaaa ~ (iwubu) | 36 comments i never thought thought she was guilty and shes not so get over it!! just cuz shez a liar does not mean tht she is a murderer or bad mom!!!!!!!!!!!!!


message 26: by Thalia (new)

Thalia (thaliaanderson) lina wrote: "i never thought thought she was guilty and shes not so get over it!! just cuz shez a liar does not mean tht she is a murderer or bad mom!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

What proof do you have she's guilty AND that she's not a bad mother? Just because there isn't something that speciically says, "This is how Caylee died and this is how Casey did it," doesn't mean she isn't guilty.

You don't let your baby girl go MISSING for a MONTH and PARTY without telling ANYONE. And you DEFINITELY don't stash her body in the woods, wrap her face in duct tape and call it normal. She was extremely neglectful of her child and that baby is DEAD because of it, whether Casey committed the act herself or not. The death of that baby girl is her fault and she can't pin it on anybody else.

So, unless you have an actual reason that she's not guilty and somehow NOT a bad mother, don't tell us to "get over it", because there's a 99% chance that our judicial system is failing heavily and there's a creepy, child-killer on the loose in society.


message 27: by linaaaa ~ (new)

linaaaa ~ (iwubu) | 36 comments well she was on trial and was proven....NOT GUILTY...and u can not prove that she IS a bad mom


message 28: by Thalia (new)

Thalia (thaliaanderson) Yeah, the jury said not guilty. They also said OJ Simpson wasn't guilty the first time around! That doesn't MAKE them not guilty, just because somebody says so.

How can you overlook the fact that there is proven evidence that her child was gone for thirty days, and Casey went out to bars and partyed? How can you overlook the fact that she admitted to stashing her baby's body in the woods and not telling anybody? So yeah, you CAN prove she's a bad mother, and she gave you the evidence herself.


message 29: by linaaaa ~ (new)

linaaaa ~ (iwubu) | 36 comments everyone deals with things in their own way.....


message 30: by Thalia (new)

Thalia (thaliaanderson) ...What?

Sorry, I don't mean to come off as sounding rude or whatever, but WHAT.

Nobody DEALS with their baby girl's death by duct taping their face and leaving them in the forest to rot. You call the friggin police and get them to find the jerk wad who MURDERED her. Any SANE, SENSIBLE person would have done that. Casey Anthony is sick in the head and should be locked up.


message 31: by Ki (new)

Ki ❝The Book Scavenger❞ (kireebonds) I feel so sad when I hear about this case. It just so...so...depressing.


message 32: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ lina wrote: "i never thought thought she was guilty and shes not so get over it!! just cuz shez a liar does not mean tht she is a murderer or bad mom!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Yes, you're right. I should get over it. Just because she obviously killed her daughter, wrapped her in duct tape, buried her in the woods, didn't tell anyone, and then went out and partied for a month, doesn't mean she's a bad mom!

... What?


message 33: by linaaaa ~ (new)

linaaaa ~ (iwubu) | 36 comments U GUYZ ALL NEED TO GET OVER IT AND GET A LIFE SHE IS NOT GUILTY AND CAN NOT GO BACK ON TRIAL EVER SO IT DOES NOT EVEN MATTER


message 34: by Thalia (new)

Thalia (thaliaanderson) Um, actually she can go back on trial. Like I said, they also said OJ Simpson wasn't guilty, and they retried him, they were like, "OH YEAH, HE ACTUALLY DID KILL ALL THOSE PEOPLE."

Hun, you're the one who needs to open your eyes and stop pretending that everyone is who they say they are.


message 35: by linaaaa ~ (new)

linaaaa ~ (iwubu) | 36 comments first of all dont call me "hun"
and second she CANT be tried again according to the judge


message 36: by luhvBOOKS (new)

luhvBOOKS ♥ Brigid ♥ {Lion Hearted Girl} wrote: "luhvBOOKS wrote: "♥ Brigid ♥ {Lion Hearted Girl} wrote: "luhvBOOKS wrote: "I dont think she's guilty..."

Because ... ?"

Because she doesn't seem like the kind of person who would kill her own chi..."



Excuse me, but I said seem, not look.


message 37: by luhvBOOKS (new)

luhvBOOKS lina wrote: "first of all dont call me "hun"
and second she CANT be tried again according to the judge"


She can't be tried again on those counts. she can be tried again on something else.


message 38: by linaaaa ~ (new)

linaaaa ~ (iwubu) | 36 comments WELL BOTTOM LINE IS SHE IS NOT GUILTY AND IM DONE ARGUING WITH ALL OF YOU GUYS


message 39: by Thalia (new)

Thalia (thaliaanderson) (I call just about everyone on the face of the earth "hun", so don't take that too personally. It's just the way I talk, regardless of who I'm talking to.)

Okay, have fun. You don't have to argue.

Also, she can be tried again if the court finds proper evidence to convict her.


message 40: by luhvBOOKS (new)

luhvBOOKS okay, what the facts say is that there is NO evidence against her. If the Prosecution doesn't find some evidence, it seems she isn't guilty.


message 41: by linaaaa ~ (new)

linaaaa ~ (iwubu) | 36 comments I SAID THAT I AM DONE ARGUING WITH U!!!! GO GET A LIFE AND LEAVE ME ALONE!!!!!

@THALIA SRRY I JUST HATE WHEN PPL CALL ME HUN AND IM NOT TALKING TO YOU RITE NOW,,,,, THIS COMMENT IS ABOUT THE OTHER PERSON


message 42: by Madelyn (last edited Jul 23, 2011 07:30PM) (new)

Madelyn (mad31lina) | 309 comments lina wrote: "I SAID THAT I AM DONE ARGUING WITH U!!!! GO GET A LIFE AND LEAVE ME ALONE!!!!!

@THALIA SRRY I JUST HATE WHEN PPL CALL ME HUN AND IM NOT TALKING TO YOU RITE NOW,,,,, THIS COMMENT IS ABOUT THE OTH..."


luvhbooks is just supporting her argument. Her comment does not appear to be meant solely for you. She is just getting her point of view out there. Please calm down a little and maybe turn off the caps lock, because it makes you seem really angry.


message 43: by luhvBOOKS (last edited Jul 24, 2011 10:49AM) (new)

luhvBOOKS lina wrote: "I SAID THAT I AM DONE ARGUING WITH U!!!! GO GET A LIFE AND LEAVE ME ALONE!!!!!

@THALIA SRRY I JUST HATE WHEN PPL CALL ME HUN AND IM NOT TALKING TO YOU RITE NOW,,,,, THIS COMMENT IS ABOUT THE OTH..."


I have one. Where's yours!!?? If you've got one, then STOP WASTING YOUR LIFE YELLING AT ME!! This a debate, people are supposed to have different opinions.


message 44: by Thalia (new)

Thalia (thaliaanderson) My comment about proper evidence was directed at luhvBOOKS. If that defuses anything, than...well, there you go.

Anyway, MY opinion still stands. Even if she wasn't convicted guilty of actually killing her baby, she lied to the police about her drowning in a pool, because the girl was found in the woods with duct tape around her face. She should have been tried with neglect, because she went out to party, got a tattoo that said "Live Your Life" on her arm, and spent a lot of her time telling her friends how much she wished she didn't have a daughter. She did worse things than lie to the police, and yet, that's the only thing she was convicted of.

That's my opinion, I repeat, and it's one I'll stand to until the day I die.


message 45: by luhvBOOKS (new)

luhvBOOKS Of course, I'm not saying she is the best mother or even a decent one at that. But I can't even imagine her killing her own daughter. Its atrocious and I know these things probably happen everyday out in the real world but its just unthinkable. I'm serious...

I don't believe she killed her daughter, no matter how much she lied and no matter how much she tried to cover it up. I do believe that she was a bad mother. But being a bad mother doesn't mean you are capable of murder. Nobody can just kill someone. It takes emotional and physical strength and I don't think Casey Anthony is capable of such a thing. If your child died unaturally, you would be so upset. Any mother would, no matter how much you hated/neglected it. "Live your life" simply means HAVE FUN. Is that so bad? I don't think so.

Don't believe this woman is some party gilr who cares about nothing but herself. Don't think that. I believe she is just a mentally-insecure mother who is not ready to take on that responsibility. you have to make changes, and I don't think she wanted to. And who the heck said she wished she didn't have a daughter? I bet she loved her daughter, but wanted her old teenage life back as well. This woman is not a murderer. She's a mother who was hit by tragedy.


message 46: by Savita (new)

Savita (haltranger) | 417 comments I most defintely did not intend to join the group, but this one has me going....


Bitch is guilty, no doubt about it.


message 47: by luhvBOOKS (new)

luhvBOOKS And the proof? They have none.


message 48: by Savita (new)

Savita (haltranger) | 417 comments Let's see...
•The girl was found in the woods with duct tape over her face. Because that's not suspicious at all.
•It took a whole month for anyone to know that the girl was missing--during which time she was partying like the world was about to end.
•Her car reeked of a dead body.
•Even if her daughter really did drown in the pool, why the hell was she found in the forest covered in duct tape?

Nothing adds up.


message 49: by luhvBOOKS (new)

luhvBOOKS There is NO secure evidence CASEY ANTHONY KILLED HER DAUGHTER.

Have you ever considered she was framed? By Casey's father? He has a history of abusive nature.


message 50: by Savita (new)

Savita (haltranger) | 417 comments So why was Casey out partying instead of reporting a missing daughter?


« previous 1
back to top