Girls Like Us discussion

Random Chattin!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 81 (81 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Sky (new)

Sky | 182 comments Mod
Let's be random here!

message 2: by Megan (last edited Jul 15, 2011 09:09AM) (new)

Megan | 134 comments The new Harry Potter movie came out today!!!! Who's gonna see it? :)

message 3: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ NOT ME.
I would, but I have no one to go with ...
Also, I've only seen the first and sixth movies and part of the second and third one. So errrrmmm.

message 4: by Megan (new)

Megan | 134 comments Yeah, I know what you mean. I just started getting into it, and so I've only read the first book, sooo I'd like to watch/read the whole series before I see the last movie.

message 5: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ Ha, so I'm not the only one. I only finished reading the books like three weeks ago.

message 6: by Sherry (new)

Sherry (sdmccarty) I want to see it too! But, I think I'll wait for the DVD... Unless a friend invites me. The tickets are expensive enough where I'd rather just make a night of it and have a great time!

message 7: by Mal (new)

Mal (malxox) I SAW IT AT MIDNIGHT, IT WAS AMAZING! I'M A BIG HP FAN ^-^

message 8: by Sherry (new)

Sherry (sdmccarty) I may have to attempt to drop subtle hints to my (boy?)friend and get him to go with me :D

message 9: by Mal (new)

Mal (malxox) Lolz

message 10: by linaaaa ~ (new)

linaaaa ~ (iwubu) | 36 comments i hate harry potter

message 11: by Mal (last edited Jul 15, 2011 04:41PM) (new)

Mal (malxox) *sigh* Oh well, not everyone can like it

message 12: by Sherry (new)

Sherry (sdmccarty) I must admit, I shied away from HP when it was still newish (right before the 5th book came out...), but then I read it and enjoyed it. Movies were secondary.

message 13: by Thalia (new)

Thalia (thaliaanderson) I still haven't read the books. I tried. I really did. But there was just too many details that I didn't feel needed to be there; I suppose that happens when you see the movies first. But hey, I was six when the first movie came out; I didn't even know the books existed until I was a little older.

Anyway, I'm seeing the movie today. I adore the movies and characters and everything, even if I can't make it through the books.

message 14: by Sherry (new)

Sherry (sdmccarty) That is one reason why I try to read the books first. The movies get rid of a lot of things (for better or worse; depends on the book/movie), so I try to read them first. I read LoTR first...don't remember ANYTHING from them though!

Enjoy the movie!!

message 15: by Cassie (new)

Cassie Johnson (avidreader2) | 29 comments I just got back.
IT WAS AMAZING!! :)
i'm glad they did a two parter
because it let them stick more to the books.
oh, and Neville's a stud. :)

message 16: by Mal (new)

Mal (malxox) LOLZ! He grew up cute

message 17: by Sherry (new)

Sherry (sdmccarty) I will be checking him out then :D

message 18: by Cassie (new)

Cassie Johnson (avidreader2) | 29 comments totally!
he looks so much better now.
and i love the contrast between he and luna :)

message 19: by Ayesha (new)

Ayesha Megan wrote: "The new Harry Potter movie came out today!!!! Who's gonna see it? :)"

I tried Harry Poter its WAY TOOOOOOO CONFUSING!!

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

RaNdOm!!!!!!!!!!!

message 21: by linaaaa ~ (new)

linaaaa ~ (iwubu) | 36 comments i think tht it is just stupid

message 22: by Courtney (new)

Courtney (crice26) | 42 comments question::: does harry die in the last book/movie???

message 23: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ashleymabus) | 30 comments I've read up to book six. I've seen the first four movies. I like Harry Potter. I read the first four books when I was younger. I got them when they first came out. I intend on finishing the series and seeing the movies. Not sure when that will be.

message 24: by Sky (new)

Sky | 182 comments Mod
I made myself vomit but not because of obvious reasons

message 25: by Sherry (new)

Sherry (sdmccarty) ...what? Why did you make yourself vomit?

message 26: by Sky (new)

Sky | 182 comments Mod
I'm a vegetarian and my brother made dinner today.Usually we eat stuff without meat but he snuck in some beef and I didn't know until my mom told me.So I made myself throw up.I haven't ate beef in like almost 2 years

message 27: by Sherry (new)

Sherry (sdmccarty) Are you a vegetarian by choice, or because you have allergies/your body can't process the food?

message 28: by Sky (new)

Sky | 182 comments Mod
By choice.

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

oh im a pure meat eater. I love my ribs and burgers sorry. But I had a best friend who was a vegetarian.

message 30: by Sky (new)

Sky | 182 comments Mod
Trust me, I do love ribs and burgers. It was a dare to become and vegetarian and after the dare was finished I continued with it. You feel so much better when your body is not weighed down with undigested meat

message 31: by Sherry (new)

Sherry (sdmccarty) I think that your body just feels better when you eat healthy. Mostly fruit and veg with a bit of meat and an occassional sweet. That, and exercise.

message 32: by Elizabeth: (new)

Elizabeth: (elizabeth_white) I hate being a girl

message 33: by Sky (new)

Sky | 182 comments Mod
WHy?!

message 34: by Elizabeth: (new)

Elizabeth: (elizabeth_white) Periods ugh they hurt

message 35: by Tasha (new)

Tasha (morethanabookworm) So coffee is pretty bad for you, I know. But I just had my 2nd cup, and man did it taste good!

Just sayin....

message 36: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ I just remembered I made coffee and forgot to drink it. I should take care of that. Thanks for reminding me, Tasha. :P

message 37: by Elizabeth: (new)

Elizabeth: (elizabeth_white) I hate coffee

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

so do i, ive never tasted it but it smells gross!!!

message 39: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ You guys are insane.

message 40: by Sherry (new)

Sherry (sdmccarty) I hated coffee at first, but then I started to really enjoy it when I studied abroad in Japan. Now, I enjoy coffee more than I should...

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

that junk is NASTY!!!!!!

message 42: by Tasha (new)

Tasha (morethanabookworm) Haha no problem, Brigid!

I don't think you ladies are drinking the coffee right. I mean, put in a little milk, add some sugar, and if you're feeling really adventurous squirt some caramel or chocolate syrup in the drink.

Spice it up, and I guarantee your hate for coffee will change :)

message 43: by Sherry (new)

Sherry (sdmccarty) Or just give it a few years. I believe it's ever 9 years your taste buds change. In a few years you might start to like all those nasty foods you hated before!

message 44: by Ellie (new)

Ellie (ElleBelleG) | 37 comments I looove the way coffee smells. But I just can't make myself drink it. definately not my favorite drink. But I do like mocha stuff!

What are y'alls least favorite food???? Mines cauliflower!

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

Least favorite..... Hot Dog!

message 46: by Tasha (new)

Tasha (morethanabookworm) Was just searching the web in the office...and decided that I want an autumn wedding!! yay!

message 47: by Ellie (new)

Ellie (ElleBelleG) | 37 comments Haha!!! Same! Plus my birthdays in autumn. It's totally my favorite season! If I got married right now I would want my color scheme to be red, black, and white!

message 48: by Sherry (new)

Sherry (sdmccarty) Least favorite food is anything fried. I physically can't eat them...

Wedding...I've never thought about it. I've never thought about kids or rings or dresses or whatever either.

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

i don't know what my least fav food is....

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

Mine is probably mushrooms. I hate the taste and texture... :D

« previous 1