Agatha Christie Lovers discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Book of the Month Reads > CLOSED - June 2011 - The Seven Dials Mystery

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Katie (new)

Katie Hart I didn't see a topic on the June book of the month, The Seven Dials Mystery, so I figured I'd start one.

What did you guys think of this book? Personally, I had a hard time getting through it. It wasn't interesting to me and felt kind of slow. I also had a hard time keeping the characters straight. It took me a while to learn peoples names and who they were. I had to keep going back. I've noticed some of Christie's books has a list of characters and short descriptions of their involvement in the very beginning, like a script. This makes it alot easier for me to quickly follow what's going on.

message 2: by Martha (new)

Martha | 96 comments Mod
Hi Katie, I finished this book too, and, well, I liked the characters, I found Lord Caterham kind of funny.
Loraine seems to me, since the first time, a little "much good to be true", so sweet that can't be real, i really dislike her.
Ps. I didn't see the topic for the book, but, instead of starting one, I'd think, ok, follow the list, and, to the next book, who cares if is not July or August. I'm actually reading The mysterious Mr. Quin

message 3: by Michael (new)

Michael Corleone (michaelc1) It was certainly a different kind if Agatha Christie book. It wasn't her best effort, but I liked the dry humor throughout and, as usual, I was blindsided as to the identity of the murderer. I think I gave it 3 stars.

message 4: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. | 4574 comments Mod
Oops, I thought I put one for this book.

message 5: by Jill (new)

Jill Hutchinson (bucs1960) I agree with you all......this book did not interest me very much but I'm really not sure why. It is not her best work.

message 6: by Jane (new)

Jane (janeparnell) | 4 comments I actually enjoyed this book, even though as previously stated it is not one of her better books. I think the enjoyment I got from it was the way she writes her characters.

message 7: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. | 4574 comments Mod
This is a book of the month read for June 2018. Here is a link to that thread https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.