Goodreads Ireland discussion

Monthly Group Read Nominations > August Nominations

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Keith (new)

Keith Kelly (nedkelly) It's time to nominate a book for August. We had lots of input last month, so keep it up and let us know what you'd like to read next month.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I've had this on my to read shelf for too long so I would like to nominate The Long Song

message 3: by Mae (new)

message 4: by Selina (last edited Jul 18, 2011 06:49AM) (new)

Selina (-selina) What about
Ellis Island by Kate Kerrigan

New York Review Books | 4 comments We are publishing The Mangan Inheritance by Brian Moore in the beginning of August. It's about an adrift man in California who, after seeing an old daguerreotype, thinks he may be an ancestor to the 19th-century Irish poet James Clarence Mangan, and heads off to Ireland to find out.

Could be a good choice for August?

message 6: by Sarazen (new)

Sarazen | 6 comments I'll add Perfume The Story of a Murderer by Patrick Süskind , Naked Economics Undressing the Dismal Science by Charles Wheelan , Being Wrong Adventures in the Margin of Error by Kathryn Schulz , and Cutting for Stone  by Abraham Verghese

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

@ Sarazen

I have already read Cutting for Stone and really enjoyed it.

message 8: by Keith (new)

Keith Kelly (nedkelly) @ Sarazen

Which one is your favourite? I'll add that one to the poll.

The poll will be up this evening guys.

message 9: by Arthur (new)

Arthur Cola (ArthurCola) | 16 comments If you'd like some light family friendly reading, I humbly offer my two novels which have Irish themes or settings. Papa and the Leprechaun King is available at Blarney Woollin Mills in Ireland. In America,that book and my new novel: The Shamrock Crown are on amazon.com/arthurcola.
Arthur

message 10: by Keith (new)

Keith Kelly (nedkelly) @ Sarazen

I've just added your first book as it's only one Nomination per member.

@ Arthur

I haven't added your books Arthur as it might be difficult for members to get a hold of with only two days to go until August. I'll add the poll earlier next month though.

message 11: by Laura (new)

Laura | 258 comments Mae wrote: "Ireland"

I have just ordered Ireland from the bookstore and look forward to reading it. I also reserved about 5 other books that I read about here and have no idea when I am going to fit them in. So many books, so little time.

message 12: by T.T. (new)

T.T. Thomas (ttthomas) | 6 comments @Arthur...Arthur that Amazon America link doesn't seem to work.