Goodreads Ireland discussion

Previous Monthly Reads > Split Decision

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Keith (new)

Keith Kelly (nedkelly) As a number of you would like to discuss The Hare with Amber Eyes A Family's Century of Art and Loss, this month, and it did tie at the top of the poll, I've added a folder for discussions on this book too. Enjoy.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Anyone else reading this, I'm only up to page 55, it's not really holding my imagination but I will plod on.

message 3: by Roberta (new)

Roberta | 78 comments I had it from the library and just couldn't get into it. It's overdue now so I will return it and try again another time.

message 4: by Mae (new)

Mae (goodreadscommae) | 217 comments Plod on, I had a hard time in the beginning, it gets better. But, I like family gossip, I grew up with it. It felt like I was listening to my grandma telling stories about running out of Spain during the civil war.

message 5: by Roberta (new)

Roberta | 78 comments OK...will put it back on hold...our library only gives 2 weeks..I'm a pretty fast reader but usually have a few books on the go...and I get surprised every single time a book comes due...

message 6: by Barb (new)

Barb | 3 comments Sam wrote: "Anyone else reading this, I'm only up to page 55, it's not really holding my imagination but I will plod on."

I got it on my "to-read" list. I've just joined the group so I'm very anxious to read but not really knowing where to start. :)

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

I managed to finish this book. Kept putting it down and reading something else, so last night I forced myself to finish it.

But I did find it a very dull book. Perhaps it was his style of writing that I didn’t like.

The World War II stories were interesting, but that was about it.

I would have like to have seen more photos especially of the netsuke.