Texas Readers discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > What are you reading right now?

Comments Showing 1-40 of 40 (40 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Pamela (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:04PM) (new)

Pamela (teacupfangirl) I'm reading Wired by Liz Maverick.

message 2: by Leslie aka StoreyBook Reviews (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:20PM) (new)

Leslie aka StoreyBook Reviews (hugbandit7) The Bone Garden by Tess Gerritson

message 3: by Leslie aka StoreyBook Reviews (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:38PM) (new)

Leslie aka StoreyBook Reviews (hugbandit7) now I'm reading Yada Yada Prayer group

message 4: by Jessica (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:38PM) (new)

Jessica (jessmorgan03) | 2 comments I am reading 3rd Degree by James Patterson

message 5: by Kathryn (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:41PM) (new)

Kathryn | 7 comments The Uncommon Reader by Alan Bennett

message 6: by Hectaizani (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:41PM) (new)

Hectaizani Germline by Nelson Erlick

message 7: by Leslie aka StoreyBook Reviews (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:43PM) (new)

Leslie aka StoreyBook Reviews (hugbandit7) Heirloom Brides, still Yada Yada Prayer Group and finished You've Been Warned by James Patterson

message 8: by Nickie (new)

Nickie | 1 comments Well right now I'm reading, "Creating Money, Attracting Abundance by Sanya Roman & Duane Packer. So far it's a pretty good book. I also just read, "Everlasting Peace In Your Life. God's Reminders to the World" by, Patty Pobanz and this book was absolutely phenomenal! If you want to read something that's truly uplifting and makes you feel good, this book will do it! The author wrote this very well and it's very easy to read and understand too. I highly suggest it! Put it on your next reading list! It is that good!

message 9: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn | 7 comments I just finished "Garlic and Sapphires" by Ruth Reichl, the former NYTimes restaurant critic. It was very entertaining as she described the elaborate steps she went through to conceal her identity, and very revealing why some high $$ places did so poorly in her reviews.

The other book I've recently read was "Heartsick," by Chelsea Cain. It was a fictional account of the relationship between a serial killer, her detective/victim who survived, and a young female reporter who gets involved in the mix.

Finally, I'm reading "The Wild Trees," by Richard Preston. He tells a fascinating story about the explorers of redwood and Douglas fir trees. It is amazing to hear the stories of these (mostly)men who found a whole new world beginning at 3 stories above ground and reaching as high as 34 stories. He tells these stories in such a readable, interesting way, that you almost feel like you know these people, even if you don't relate to what they do.

Here's the order in which I'd refer the above: 1) Wild Trees, 2) Garlic & Sapphires, 3) Heartsick

Have fun!

message 10: by Ben (new)

Ben (onecoolmonkey) | 3 comments I just finished Red Thunder, which was a really fun little story - really pretty easy reading. I've been on a sci-fi kick of late, so I just started in on Starship Troopers by Robert Heinlein. I really liked the movie - the style especially - and I've loved the things I've read by Heinlein so far, so I'm pretty sure I'll enjoy it.

Leslie aka StoreyBook Reviews (hugbandit7) just finished Plum Lucky by Janet Evanovitch.

reading A New World for a book group on here

Trying to read Can you keep a secret? by Sophia Kinsella but not sure if I will be able to finish it or not.

message 12: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 4 comments I'm reading "Janeology" by Karen Harrington, an intriguing mystery-thriller, and "Schyler's Monster" by Texan (Plano) author about his wordless and wonderful daughter Schyler.

message 13: by Daniel (new)

Daniel (BlackwalkerProductions) | 16 comments Right now book 5 in the War of the Spider Queen Series.

Yes, I'm a D&D Geek.

message 14: by Ben (new)

Ben (onecoolmonkey) | 3 comments Daniel - I'm a bit of a D&D geek myself. Which is the Spider Queen series? Right now, I'm reading Green Rider and it's a surprisingly entertaining book. Maybe we can geek out in some D&D discussion privately LOL...take care.

Leslie aka StoreyBook Reviews (hugbandit7) Conversations with a Fat Girl by Liza Palmer

message 16: by Daniel (new)

Daniel (BlackwalkerProductions) | 16 comments Well, reading book 8 in the Wheel of Time series again. I can't help it... I will keep re-reading the series until the final book will come out.

message 18: by Daniel (new)

Daniel (BlackwalkerProductions) | 16 comments okay.. adding another...lmao... reading more in the Shadowrun books, as well as Wellspring of Chaos.

message 19: by Eliza (new)

Eliza (thelizardqueen) Sea of Swords (D&D) by R.A. Salvatore. Pretty good so far :oD

message 20: by Daniel (new)

Daniel (BlackwalkerProductions) | 16 comments Sea of Swords was very good... but then, I like any book with Drizzt.

message 21: by Eliza (new)

Eliza (thelizardqueen) I'm at the part where Wulfgar is on Sea Sprite. Pity I wont be able to read until after the Jamaica tonight! What's you're favorite D&D book?

message 22: by Daniel (new)

Daniel (BlackwalkerProductions) | 16 comments Hard to say... I really do like the Drizzt novels... but I think my favorite would be the Elminster books. Making of a Mage and such.

message 23: by Eliza (new)

Eliza (thelizardqueen) Only story I've read with Elminster was in the Best Of the Realms collection. He's at some magic fair. I liked it, but prefer more action in the stories. Finally finished Sea of Swords :oD

message 24: by Judy (new)

Judy | 1 comments I'm reading Harlan Coben's paperback The Woods. It's pretty good.

message 25: by Daniel (new)

Daniel (BlackwalkerProductions) | 16 comments Eliza... I did love the best of the realms collection...(is that the title?) Elminster at the Mage Fair really was good. I've actually seen references to it in other books in FR.

message 26: by Eliza (new)

Eliza (thelizardqueen) Check my book list (D and D)I'm pretty sure that was the title of the book, but I dont remember the title of the story :oS I should be getting The Thousand Orcs from a friend of mine over the Christmas break!!! yay!

message 27: by Daniel (new)

Daniel (BlackwalkerProductions) | 16 comments lol... okay then, Couldn't tell if it was that, or if it was Realms of Magic as the title.

message 28: by James (new)

James | 4 comments The Yiddish Policemen's Union, M. Chabon

message 29: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn | 7 comments James wrote: "The Yiddish Policemen's Union, M. Chabon"

I bought that book a couple of weeks ago. I hope it's as good as it sounds.

message 30: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn | 7 comments I am reading The Crazed, by Ha Jin.

message 31: by Heidi (new)

Heidi I am reading Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett. Not my favorite, but I want to finish it.

message 32: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn | 7 comments Now reading The Suspicions of Mr. Whicher, by Kate Summerscale

message 33: by James (new)

James | 4 comments I put down Yiddish Policeman's Union and picked up Optimist's Daughter. Maybe I will go back to it after I finish.

message 34: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn | 7 comments James wrote: "I put down Yiddish Policeman's Union and picked up Optimist's Daughter. Maybe I will go back to it after I finish."

Why? Not interesting? Who wrote Optimist's Daughter?

message 35: by Daniel (new)

Daniel (BlackwalkerProductions) | 16 comments Okay, now currently reading Resurrection (Forgotten Realms: R.A. Salvatore's War of the Spider Queen, Book 6)

message 36: by James (new)

James | 4 comments Optimist's Daughter was writen by Eudora Welty it won the Pulitzer in 1973. I am halfway through and really enjoy it. It is a book I would recommend.

I was 50 pages into Yiddish Policeman's Union and it didn't suck me in. It isn't bad, and I do plan on finishing it.

message 37: by Courtney (new)

Courtney (ckthelibrarian) | 1 comments I'm sucking it up and reading the Harry Potter series. I didn't want to read them before because I saw part of a movie where they pulled up screaming dirt babies out of potted plants...kind of freaked me out. haha. But now, being a Children's and Young Adult librarian, I feel I have to read the series.

So far, book 1 hasn't been too bad. It's a really easy read too.

message 38: by Tracy (new)

Tracy (tracylemos) I'm reading The Questing by Kathryn Levesque. First book I've ever read by her.

message 40: by Tracy (new)

Tracy (tracylemos) Now I'm reading Magic Study by Maria Snyder...

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.