!The Young Adult Book Club! discussion

Debates > Peeta or Gale?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 87 (87 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Patrick (new)

Patrick (patrick_castro) Peeta or Gale from the hunger games???!!!!

Pick a side!!;)

message 2: by Paige (new)

Paige (thewordshakermockingjay) Gale, definitely Gale

message 3: by Eoin (new)

Eoin | 25 comments Rue. So Definetly Rue.

message 4: by Patrick (new)

Patrick (patrick_castro) PEETA!!!!!!

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Petta :)

message 6: by Kristina (new)

Kristina (krinak) Peeta!

message 7: by Irene (new)

Irene (wingdesilverii) Well I have only read the first book but I am picking Gale right now :)

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Peeta!!

message 9: by Courtney (new)

Courtney | 154 comments Eoin wrote: "Rue. So Definetly Rue."

haha, so true.

message 10: by Courtney (new)

Courtney | 154 comments Although, out of Gale and Peeta, Gale is SO much better. No doubt in my mind.

message 11: by Ricky (new)

Ricky | 2 comments Peeta!

message 12: by Sayyeda (new)

Sayyeda (literaryhues) | 52 comments GALE! :D
And Finnick xD

message 13: by Jack Kitchen (new)

Jack Kitchen Team Snow!

message 14: by Sonya (new)

Sonya (sonyaskibicki) Gale!

message 15: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten | 1 comments TEAM FINNICK!

message 16: by Chelsea Denisse (new)

Chelsea Denisse (chelseadenisse) Gale. I did try to like Peeta though, i just couldnt. Also Finnick is so cool, if he was part of the romance traingle i would sooo be on his team

message 17: by Booknut (new)

Booknut (booknut101) | 8 comments Finnick. No doubts there. I mean, between Peeta and Gale, Peeta is the kinder, more considerate of the two but Gale's just...Gale. Tall, dark, handsome. So Finnick it is!!!

message 18: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (stephaniey101) Little_miss_book_freak wrote: "Gale. I did try to like Peeta though, i just couldnt. Also Finnick is so cool, if he was part of the romance traingle i would sooo be on his team"
I so agree. I just couldn't connect with Peeta and all for Finnick!:)

message 19: by Courtney (new)

Courtney | 154 comments Booknut wrote: "Finnick. No doubts there. I mean, between Peeta and Gale, Peeta is the kinder, more considerate of the two but Gale's just...Gale. Tall, dark, handsome. So Finnick it is!!!"

Yes! Why didn't I think of Finnick?

message 20: by Madeleine (new)

Madeleine | 910 comments Neither. She can do so much better than the both of them.

message 21: by Amy (new)

Amy I've read all three and I prefer Gale. Gale is her pal though and really knows her. Peeta I think she fell for out of the games, and the need to survive.

message 22: by Allison (new)

Allison (amurphh) Gale all the way <3

message 23: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ashsweet12) | 15 comments Gale at first but then Peeta grew on me (:

message 24: by Elise (new)

Elise (redentrapy) Gale

message 25: by Amy (new)

Amy It'll be interesting to see if we all feel the same way after seeing the movie. The movie Gale is better looking than the movie Peeta.

message 26: by Losthowever (new)

Losthowever | 13 comments It would have been better if Gale and Peeta ended up together!

message 27: by Erin (new)

Erin (airattack) | 1 comments I have to say Gale in the first book then as the books went on I am now fully on Peeta's team :)

message 28: by Irene (new)

Irene (wingdesilverii) Maeve wrote: "I hate Peeta. Hate, hate, hate. I don't even know why. But he irritates me."

That's why I don't like him right now

message 29: by Amy (new)

Amy I dont' like what they did to Peeta in the third book.

message 30: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (rebeccapp) | 2 comments Maeve wrote: "I didn't either. It seemed kinda forced."
First of all, hi Maeve! :D
Second, I thought the third book's Peeta was pretty different from the Peeta in the first two. I loved Peeta in the first two and... nobody in Mockingjay.

message 31: by Amy (new)

Amy I guess the difference is by Mockinjay these characters have drastically altered by the fact their lives are continually toyed with. No way Peeta would have ever stayed as sweet as he was in the first and then Katniss just has a really hard edge to her. But I guess that makes sense based on what they went through.

message 32: by Markelle (new)

Markelle Grabo (mg_writer) | 10 comments Peeta. I usually go for the best friend types in books, so I thought it would be Gale, but something about Peeta just warmed my heart <3 and I find what happened between Katniss and Peeta in the third book to be beautifully tragic and bittersweet, and I can't help but love those endings. They're just so powerful.

message 33: by Juliette (new)

Juliette | 34 comments Peeta!Who wouldn't what a man who can cook?

message 34: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Peeta. Her relationship with him is based more on reality. They could actually build a real life together.

message 35: by Amy (new)

Amy I guess I'm more of the bad boy type (in books, not in real life).

message 36: by Kerri (new)

Kerri | 1 comments DEFINITELY Peeta!!! :D

message 37: by Amy (new)

Amy LOL Maeve!

message 38: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (rebeccapp) | 2 comments Hahaha, Maeve. I do like guys that "wear the pants."

message 39: by Irene (last edited Dec 08, 2011 01:22PM) (new)

Irene (wingdesilverii) okay I was told that one I reached this point in Fire that I wouldn't like Gale anymore but I still do SPOILER!!!!! (don't read the spoiler unless you have read this book) (view spoiler)

message 40: by Chelsea Denisse (last edited Dec 08, 2011 01:51PM) (new)

Chelsea Denisse (chelseadenisse) Irene wrote: "okay I was told that one I reached this point in Fire that I wouldn't like Gale anymore but I still do SPOILER!!!!! (don't read the spoiler unless you have read this book) I am a the point where G..."

I know everyone told me the same thing! I finished Fire and im still completely and uterrly in love with him

message 41: by Irene (new)

Irene (wingdesilverii) Yeah, I nearly cried when I read that he got injured. It made me sad :..(

message 42: by Chelsea Denisse (new)

Chelsea Denisse (chelseadenisse) Totally, i was sobbing my eyes out

message 43: by Irene (new)

Irene (wingdesilverii) Books don't really make me cry so I actually didn't but still.

message 44: by Chelsea Denisse (new)

Chelsea Denisse (chelseadenisse) Some books do, though not many

message 45: by Irene (new)

Irene (wingdesilverii) I can list on one hand the books that have ever made me cry.

message 46: by Amy (new)

Amy I liked Peeta and Gale but can't say I felt any strong emotions for either one. I think Peeta definitely was better equipped to deal with Katniss, but it would have been interesting to see how Katniss and Gale would have done in the games.

message 47: by Markelle (new)

Markelle Grabo (mg_writer) | 10 comments Amy wrote: "I liked Peeta and Gale but can't say I felt any strong emotions for either one. I think Peeta definitely was better equipped to deal with Katniss, but it would have been interesting to see how Katn..."

You're right. That would have been very interesting. Nice idea.

message 48: by Amy (new)

Amy Thanks. Although maybe it would have been too obvious a character because he has all this hunting experience where Peeta is a baker's son so he's often underestimated.

message 49: by Halee (new)

Halee (hayy6747) | 9 comments DEFINATELY PEETA. He's absolutely amazing and incredibly sweet.

Boy with the bread <3

message 50: by Paige (new)

Paige (thewordshakermockingjay) I like them both. But Gale is amazing

« previous 1