Colorful Chick Lit Challenge discussion

Participants Book Lists > Raina's book list

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Raina (new)

Raina | 1 comments I'm a bit late getting started on this challenge, but better late than never, right? I set out to complete the novice level of participation and I think that's still very doable, even getting started this late in the game.

The first book I read for this challenge was "Getting to Happy" by Terri McMillan. Not sure this one is considered chick lit though. Thoughts? Anyway, I really wish I had read the reviews of this book before I spent time reading it. I thought it was awful and couldn't wait for it to be over.

I am currently reading I Wish I had a Red Dress by Pearl Cleage. I love her writing and I'm enjoying the book.

message 2: by Che (new)

Che (chezon) | 3 comments I really loved "I Wish I had a Red Dress". I'm a big Pearl Cleage fan!

message 3: by Jackie (new)

Jackie Woods (jackie-casey) | 1 comments I am a Gloria Naylor fan. Mama Day is my favorite book

message 4: by Read In Colour, Her Royal Chicklet (new)

Read In Colour (readincolour) | 32 comments Mod
Raina wrote: "I'm a bit late getting started on this challenge, but better late than never, right? I set out to complete the novice level of participation and I think that's still very doable, even getting start..."

I absolutely hated Getting to Happy. I kept waiting for the women to get there and I really feel like maybe only Robin did. Even then, it didn't seem as much like happy as settling.

It's not too late to jump into the challenge. Good luck and you can always check the group bookshelf for suggestions of books to read if you're not sure that they fit the chick lit genre.