The Pageturners discussion

the book title

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Claire (new)

Claire | 8 comments I finished the book and have some questions I would like to discuss when folks are finished. One question that can be asked without being a spoiler is, any thoughts on why the title? Hope the Mammas and Mammas to be are doing well. Claire

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I finally finished the book - I thought it was an interesting title, though not one I'd remember in a few years if I was trying to recollect it.

<>

I thought the title worked because the main character never figures much out even after going through the entire experience. She goes through the entire trip and back again with some state of enhanced contentment, but without any major questions being answered. I thought it was a good spin on the traditional "coming of age" story.

message 3: by Claire (new)

Claire | 8 comments It has been a while since I read it and now some of it eludes me.I asked the question and am not sure of the title now, but your comment does fit the book. I had trouble with the cavalier attitude to the experiments and the natives. EAster was my favorite and he seemed to be more pawn or fulfillment for the Dr. Would like to hear others comments