Nora Roberts Groupies discussion

Characters > Favorite Pet

Comments Showing 1-32 of 32 (32 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Talya (new)

Talya | 741 comments Mod
What are your favorite Nora pets?

Nora very often has pets included in her stand alone book and sagas, I thought it'd be fun to see who are favorites.

My favorite would probably be Spock from Tribute, with Jaws from The Search coming up close second, that puppy (Jaws) had me cracking up till my eyes watered.
There are so many great pets, off the top of my head I can recall Foolish and Witless from the Chesapeake Bay saga, Zach's dog Lucy from Three Sisters Island, Flynn's dog Moe from Key Triogy, and Cal's dog from Sign of Seven.

message 2: by Season (new)

Season Gonzales (lilmami) | 27 comments i like spock from tribute, jaws from the search, Useless from Carnal Innocence, and i loved Baby from Black Hills

message 3: by Talya (new)

Talya | 741 comments Mod
Oh yeah! Who could forget Lil's cougar Baby in Black Hills, such a great animal. Though technically not Lil's pet, she and Baby had a great bond, and I love how Baby fit into the ending.

message 4: by Lida (new)

Lida (smurfster) | 9 comments Lets not call them pets, but rather animal characters, then I also vote Jaws and Baby!!!!

message 5: by Jessy (new)

Jessy (snuggleglooms) | 3 comments If where going to call them animal characters the top of the list (although Spock from Tribute, Jaws from The Search are very cute same as Con from Born in Ice)has to be Isabelle the Siamese and her pet dog Montique from The Art of Deception!!!

The Art of Deception by Nora Roberts

Page 296-297

......"Montique dosen't belong to me, he belongs to Isabelle. She sent the dog an annoyed glance. "she's going to be very put out".

Adam frowned at the unfamiliar name. Had McIntyre missed someone? "Is she one of the staff?."

"Good grief, no." Kirby let out a peal of laughter that had Montique squirming in delight. Isabelle serves no one. She's......Well, here she is now. There'll be the devil to pay." she added under her breath.

Shifting hie head, Adam looked toward the doorway. He started to tell Kriby there was no one there when a movement caught his eye. He looked down on a large buff-coloured Siamese. Here eyes we angled, icily blue and, though he hadn't considered such thing before, regally annoyed. The cat crossed the threshold and sat and stared up at Kirby.

"Don't look at me like that," Kirby tossed out. "I had nothing to with it. If he wanders in here, it has nothing to do with me." Isabelle flicked her tail and made a low, dangerous sound in her throat. "I won't tolerate your threat, and I will not keep my door locked." Kirby folded her arms and tapped a foot on the Aubusson carpet. "I refuse to change a habit of a lifetime for your convenience. You'll just have to keep a closer eye on him."

......"Kiby your arguing with cat." "adam" Just as gently patted his hand. "don't worry I can handle it." With a lift of her brow, she turned back to Isabelle. "Take him, then, and put him on a leash if you don't want him wandering. And the next time, I'd appreciate it if you'd knock before you come into my room."

With a flick of her tail, Isabelle moved to the bed and stared up at Montique. He thumped his tail, tongue lolling, before he leaped clumsily to the floor. With a kind of jiggling trot, he followed the gliding cat from the room.

"He went with her" Adam murmured. "Of course he did" Kirby retorted "She has a beastly temper."

That is one of my favourite two pages in any Nora Roberts books lol

message 6: by Kesha (new)

Kesha | 63 comments Foolish from the Chesapeak Bay Saga, Moe from the Key Trilogy and Jaws from Search rank the highest on my list.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Eve's and Roarke's cat Galahad. He's so smart!

message 8: by Lida (new)

Lida (smurfster) | 9 comments O yes, we cant forget Galahad... LOVE him!!!

message 9: by Monnie (new)

Monnie (monnie1976) I have a soft spot for Lump from Sign of Seven series.

message 10: by Jennifer C (new)

Jennifer C Jaws for sure. :D

message 11: by Farah (new)

Farah (bookworm-87) I loved Jaws from Search and Taz from Local Hero.

message 12: by Diana (new)

Diana | 7 comments Galahad, hands down. He is the best pet EVER. of course he isn't exactly Nora Robert's but J.D. Robb.

message 13: by Talya (new)

Talya | 741 comments Mod
Barbie from Whiskey Beach may have to go on this list, out of sheer cute factor :-D

message 14: by Valen (new)

Valen (vlnvldz) | 6 comments Spock from Tribute! :D

message 15: by C. (new)

C. (cbarata) Moe from Key trilogy :)

message 16: by Dena (new)

Dena (auntiedena72) Eve and Roarkes Galahad. I love that cat. haha And definately Baby from Black Hills (which I just finished reading) I think he's awesome! :D

message 17: by Julia (new)

Julia (juliace) Jaws from The Search... so goofy, happy and full life!

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

I'd have to go with Baby from Black Hills...I just loved that beautiful cougar of Lil's...so pretty and o so smart,lol!

message 19: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jenny-g) I really liked Lump in sign of seven and Bert in witness.
and of course Galahad

message 20: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jenny-g) there was also Dieago the cat and Lucy the dog from dance upon the air.

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Jennifer wrote: "I really liked Lump in sign of seven and Bert in witness.
and of course Galahad"

O yeah! I totally forgot about Bert from The Witness...I had actually read that book last year and I totally forgot that there was a dog n that noval,that's right. I remember it now,Abigail/Elizabeth had a male dog and she named him Bert...what was I thinkin'! Galahad? Jennifer, what noval or trilogy was Galahad from? I haven't gotten to read The 3 Sisters Island trilogy just yet,I'll have to read it sometime as soon as I can find all 3 of the trilogy books n th hardcover edition....

message 22: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jenny-g) April, three sisters is one of my fav trilogies, hope you can read it soon. and Galahad the is actually from the in death series by jd robb

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Jennifer wrote: "April, three sisters is one of my fav trilogies, hope you can read it soon. and Galahad the is actually from the in death series by jd robb"

Jennifer,hey. Are u talkin' about the 3 Sisters Island trilogy? I don't think (no, I know that I haven't read that trilogy just yet) that I've read that trilogy bfore.Is 3 Sisters Island trilogy somethin' like The Cousins O'Dwyer trilogy? Bcause of it is then that's good, 'cause I wanna read the 3 sisters island trilogy....I've actually been tryin' to find that trilogy for a really long time, but I just can't seem to find it at all. Also, I'm tryin' to find the entire trilogy (individually) in the hardcover edition collection but it's a real hard trilogy to find. Do u think that u may can help me find it? Like I said,I've been tryin' to find it but so far, I've come up with no luck at all and that's not good. Just let me know if u can help me out. I'll try to look for it at me and my husband's favorite local used bookstore (that we're goin' to n a couple of days) and see if I can find it shortly...but I don't know...with it being so freakin' hard to find and all.

message 24: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (wanna_read_all_the_books) | 260 comments I loved all the dogs she included in the Inn Boonsboro trilogy. I'm a total dog lover so I loved that everyone just kept adding dogs to their pack! lol And Dumbass was a pretty awesome dog but I loved the names of Cus (Atticus) and Finch, since TKAM is my favorite book ever.

message 25: by Erin (new)

Erin (tesserin) | 205 comments It's a tough call. Burt (The Witness) was so obedient and loyal. Then Finn (Gallagher trilogy) was just playful and sounded cute. But Dumbass (Chesapeake Bay series) was nice too.

message 26: by Mara (new)

Mara Pemberton (marapem) | 61 comments Galahad from the IN DEATH SERIES. Barney from the Kim Stone mystery series.

message 27: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (wanna_read_all_the_books) | 260 comments Spock from Tribute.

message 28: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (wanna_read_all_the_books) | 260 comments I'm reading The Search now and I love all the dogs but Jaws has stolen my heart right along with Simon's shoes. lol

message 29: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 6008 comments Mod
I loved Jaws💜

message 30: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (wanna_read_all_the_books) | 260 comments I'm reading the Sign of Seven trilogy and I really like lazy ol' Lump even though he doesn't play as big a role in these as some of her other doggo characters.

message 31: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (wanna_read_all_the_books) | 260 comments Tag from The Obsession was great! I fell in love with him right away. (and I loved that Kevin's dog was named Molly since that's my girl's name.)

message 32: by Valerie Harper (new)

Valerie Harper | 2 comments I have a question I’m hoping someone will see. I’m reading Hideaway, and did the dogs’ names change??? When Dylan gets them, he names them Gambit and Jubilee, but later in the book they call them Stark and Natasha?!?!? Did I miss something? Did they get new dogs???