The Holloway Pack discussion

Paranormal/Supernatural > What would you be and why?

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Belfield (jabelfield) If you could be ANY paranormal creature out there--real or made up--what would you choose to be ... and why?

Mine's easy.
Without a doubt, I would choose to be werewolf. To still have the ability to stay in touch with my human side, safe in the knowledge that I can run wild and free at any time.
That's my condensed answer.
I'm interested to hear others' replies.

message 2: by Aimee (new)

Aimee Laine (aimee_laine) | 10 comments 100% Shapeshifter. Yep. 100% ... but MY kind of shape-shifter, not the animal kind. :) The people kind. :) Mimics like in Little White Lies :)

message 3: by J. (new)

J. Ford (jkellerford) | 4 comments I'd want to be like David in my novel. He's very much human but has the ability to become invisible and shave time, meaning he can travel very quickly through worlds or spaces with a mere thought.

message 4: by Carole-Ann (new)

Carole-Ann (blueopal) Oh - so many to choose from!!

I'd like to be a super-strong vamp, able to fly, turn into mist, mind-read, hypnotise people and things like that - but the blood-thing makes me ewwwwww....

I'd like to be a shifter too, for their strength or whatever ability they have (not to mention the sexual appetite) - but the thought of bones cracking and shifting also makes me go ewwwwww....

I'd like to be a witch (a good one of course), but then not many paranorms like witches ; I'd like to be a Seelie fae, but then I'd be scared sh*tless of the Unseelie!

So I suppose I'd best be a human, in the hope that any paranorm will look after and care for me

message 5: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Belfield (jabelfield) LOL, Carole-Ann :o)

message 6: by Dale (new)

Dale Ibitz (goodreadscomdale_ibitz) A demi-god, for me. With a purpose.

message 7: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Belfield (jabelfield) Dale wrote: "A demi-god, for me. With a purpose."

oooh, now this is one I don't know too much about. How do demi's differ from half-breeds?

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

well considering my facination with the species.. or the books. I'd be a dragon. Super strong, telepathic. Loyal, the ability to fly with a piercing voice. oh.. And a TOUCH of flame!

message 9: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Belfield (jabelfield) Slytle wrote: "well considering my facination with the species.. or the books. I'd be a dragon. Super strong, telepathic. Loyal, the ability to fly with a piercing voice. oh.. And a TOUCH of flame!"

Is that a dragon, through and through, or with the ability to shift forms?

message 10: by [deleted user] (last edited Jul 18, 2011 02:59PM) (new)

In my "world." Dragons are shape shifters. They have the ability to manipulate pure magic to shape the way they look. Be it a human, rock, or panther. But ..say if they were on another world and unable to shift forms. I'd still be a dragon.. lol

message 11: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Belfield (jabelfield) Slytle wrote: "In my "world." Dragons are shape shifters. They have the ability to manipulate pure magic to shape the way look. Be it a human, rock, or panther. But ..say if they were on another world and una..."

Awesome! You write dragons in your own stories?

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Yes. Almost every story i've ever written has a dragon it in, somewhere. Good, bad or in between. My favorite story i'm writing. The lead character, Jaden, is the soul mate of Draven, Lord of the Dragons. Not someone i'd piss off on a good day..

message 13: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Belfield (jabelfield) Slytle wrote: "Yes. Almost every story i've ever written has a dragon it in, somewhere. Good, bad or in between. My favorite story i'm writing. The lead character, Jaden, is the soul mate of Draven, Lord of the Dragons. Not someone i'd piss off on a good day...."

Those are often the best kinds of characters :o)

message 14: by Pauline (new)

Pauline Toohey (paulinelouise) | 11 comments From someone whose preferred genre is historical fiction (with a good dose of non-fiction plus a little romance) this is a very difficult question.

Werewolf - too ithcy
Zombie - I would miss my braing
Vampire - blood is too salty
Dragon - hard to attend parties in small spaces
Can I simply be an elegantly beautiful bird with a huge wingspan, lots of magical skills, and solver of all problems?

message 15: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Belfield (jabelfield) Can I simply be an elegantly beautiful bird with a huge wingspan, lots of magical skills, and solver of all problems?

Yes! It sounds AWESOME! You should write it! :o)

message 16: by Pauline (new)

Pauline Toohey (paulinelouise) | 11 comments Nah. I like Kings and Queens, sword fights and taverns, and heads that when chopped off by a heavily-sweating-unshaven-chainmail-wearing- rogue, the head won't grow back.

message 17: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Belfield (jabelfield) Pauline wrote: "Nah. I like Kings and Queens, sword fights and taverns, and heads that when chopped off by a heavily-sweating-unshaven-chainmail-wearing- rogue, the head won't grow back."

LOL

message 18: by Kaye620 (new)

Kaye620 | 3 comments I think I'll be a little mutt. Let's say my mom was half fae and half vampire. My father was half shifter and half witch. I wouldn't fit into any one world because of being such a misfit. However, I'd have loved ones and a few friends from each group who'd back me up whenever needed. My parents had been through the same things since they were mixed blood too so they would be a big help in helping me grow up without to many hangups.
I'd have:
Magic skills from fae and witch sides.
Immortal or long lived from vampire and shifter.
Shifting ability from vampire and shifter.
Telephathy and mild mind control from fae and vampire.
Quick healing from the vampire; of course, only when I forced myself to suck on a bag of blood. Eek, I don't care what Dad says, that stuff reeks!
Sex appeal from the fae, vampire,and shifter.
I'd be tough, fast and crafty!

message 19: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Belfield (jabelfield) OMG! You'd be AWESOME! Hehehehehe. :o)

message 20: by Julie (new)

Julie Reece | 10 comments Phoenix from X Men. She's hot and so B.A.

message 21: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Belfield (jabelfield) Julie wrote: "Phoenix from X Men. She's hot and so B.A."

Yes she is--but she's also very volatile. :o)

message 22: by Julie (new)

Julie Reece | 10 comments Well, I like to keep 'em guessing.

message 23: by Veritas (new)

Veritas (umbra_veritatis) | 12 comments Interesting question I'd have think bout it

message 24: by Veritas (new)

Veritas (umbra_veritatis) | 12 comments Vampire for longevity Mage for fun

message 25: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Belfield (jabelfield) I'm intrigued now, Veritas, what you'd do as a mage for fun. ;o)

message 26: by Veritas (new)

Veritas (umbra_veritatis) | 12 comments Study of what the limitations are what i can do manipulation of energy fields around a body to create a shadow coating/armour, and ofcourse throwing ligthning bolts in the air

message 27: by Veritas (new)

Veritas (umbra_veritatis) | 12 comments I like puzzles and limitations of magic is an ever changing one