Girls Like Us discussion

101 views
Debates > Abortions

Comments Showing 1-50 of 189 (189 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Sky (new)

Sky | 182 comments Mod
Debate!

This is a real issue!


message 2: by Thalia (new)

Thalia (thaliaanderson) I'm thinking that I should stay out of it this time, since this is a topic where I could want to rip somebody's head off if they disgree.

(but I'm sure if someone posts with an opposing opinion, there'll be no getting me out of here.)

Abortion is murder. Abortion is wrong. There shouldn't be too much thought on whether killing a baby is right or wrong. :/


message 3: by Megan (new)

Megan | 134 comments Thalia wrote: "Abortion is murder. Abortion is wrong. There shouldn't be too much thought on whether killing a baby is right or wrong. :/"

I agree. Although I get it when people say this is America, it should be the mother's choice, well why would we let the mother chose to murder her child? It was her fault. If the mother cannot afford to have a child, there are other options, like adoption. Do you know how many couples unable to reproduce are looking for a newborn baby to adopt? There's a lot. Look it up. Some say that some mothers need to have an abortion because there's some potentially life-threatening issue... How many of those cases do you really think are because of a life-threatening issue as opposed to not being safe?


message 4: by Thalia (new)

Thalia (thaliaanderson) Yeah. Potentially, it's my choice to kill my neighbor if they play their music too loud, but it's ILLEGAL.

If a man beats up a pregnant woman and the baby dies, it's a count of murder.
But if the mother decides she wants the baby dead, it's totally fine.
:| this is a wtf moment.


message 5: by luhvBOOKS (new)

luhvBOOKS LOL :P

Amen to that, Thalia. Abortion is murder and murder is illegal and unlawfulness equals punishment!! SO PPL SHOULD BE PUNISHED FOR KILLING BABIES!! The baby can't speak for itself. We have to be their voices. Just cause the mother doesn't want to have the baby doesn't mean she gets to kill it. Thats wrong. The life of that baby does not rest in the mother's hands, it belongs to God. And I don't think God would kill an innocent baby. It isn't the mother's choice, its the baby's. And since we can't hear the baby out, I assume he/she wants to live.


I find this funny and ridiculous and angersome at the same time:

If a person wants to get a tatoo and is under 18, they must have parental consent. but if a girl under 18 gets pregnaunt and wants to have an abortion, parental consent is not required. WTF!!??

That is how ridiculous people can be. ITS MURDER. And I'm one of these people who will not stand for these kinds of things. This gets me really riled up..so i might have to leave this discussion. But i will debate...for the babies' sakes.


message 6: by linaaaa ~ (new)

linaaaa ~ (iwubu) | 36 comments Im 100% against obortion.


message 7: by luhvBOOKS (new)

luhvBOOKS Yay!!


Ruby~am I a part of the cure? (openupyoureyes) | 105 comments I think if the girl is under 18 and pregnant because she was raped then I think it should be okay. But not in any other way.


message 9: by Thalia (new)

Thalia (thaliaanderson) Hahaha, luhv, I know, right?! To put some ink on your body forever means somebody has to tell you it's okay. To rid the world of a human life without having to face consequences is perfectly fine!

This is why sometimes, I just want to smack everybody in the face who doesn't think this is wrong. There's really no other way to look at it!

Nobody is even disagreeing with me yet and I'm already getting riled up. x)


message 10: by luhvBOOKS (new)

luhvBOOKS Ruby~ForgotAboutTheSunshine wrote: "I think if the girl is under 18 and pregnant because she was raped then I think it should be okay. But not in any other way."

Why??! So the baby deserves to die just because a lowlying man raped the girl? The baby didn't do anything...it doesn't deserve death.

My solution: the girl has the baby, gives it up for adoption so another family who can't have children can have one, and everyone's fine


Ruby~am I a part of the cure? (openupyoureyes) | 105 comments Yeah I get what you mean. But the girls life will be ruined. Think about it. What if you were a fourteen year old who was raped by a 45 year old man and got pregnant?


message 12: by Thalia (new)

Thalia (thaliaanderson) I've had this discussion with my parents before, too.
I wouldn't even be able to bring myself to give up my baby. Raped or anything else. The child didn't do anything wrong, and just because it has an idiot father doesn't mean it deserves to die. And to use the excuse that it's "embarassing" is just sad. Wouldn't you rather be embarassed for a few months out of your life than commit and act of murder?

The people whose opinions matter to you will know what happened to you.
The people who don't matter will be the ones to judge, and even then, you shouldn't care what they think.

I'd rather my baby have one parent who it thinks cares about it than go through life thinking both mother and father didn't want them enough to keep them. :/


message 13: by luhvBOOKS (new)

luhvBOOKS Ruby~ForgotAboutTheSunshine wrote: "Yeah I get what you mean. But the girls life will be ruined. Think about it. What if you were a fourteen year old who was raped by a 45 year old man and got pregnant?"

It would be terrible..i wouldn't want to have the baby. But if i got an abortion, i would be just as bad as the rapist. Murder and Rape are criminal offenses. I would become a criminal


Ruby~am I a part of the cure? (openupyoureyes) | 105 comments Not embarrassed. People around you will slowly rip you apart. Anyway. You have a point. It is murder matter what.


message 15: by luhvBOOKS (new)

luhvBOOKS But its not the girls fault. Its the idiotic deranged rapist's.


message 16: by Thalia (new)

Thalia (thaliaanderson) Thst's being embarrassed. Feeling shame for something that isn't your fault? Yeah, it'd be hard. But I wouldn't kill my baby; my own flesh and blood; so I can avoid suffering a little hardship.

A baby is a gift, not a punishment. It's the way people abuse sex that's the punishment.


message 17: by Lina (new)

Lina (booksnotlovers) So, I'm just going to get everyone's mind exploding here.
I'm pro-choise. If I got pregnant right now, I would get an abortion. I don't want to be a mother, and I'm sure there are plenty of people who don't want to be parents, who still gets a kid.
People use birth control, but that only work like 99,5% of the cases, you could still get pregnant. And if you do, then you should have the choise to not be a parent.


message 18: by Thalia (new)

Thalia (thaliaanderson) Lina, why not give the child up for adoption? You don't have to be a parent that way, but a life is saved.


message 19: by Lina (new)

Lina (booksnotlovers) There are certain rules in Norway about adoption. It's not common to even think about giving up children for adoption, I don't even know if it's allowed.


message 20: by Thalia (new)

Thalia (thaliaanderson) Adoption isn't allowed but abortion is? That doesn't seem to make sense to me. :/


message 21: by Lina (new)

Lina (booksnotlovers) I think it's like there have to be some really bad case with child care involved to have a child taken away from you. But don't quote me on it, I'm not too sure. I haven't researched it so much.


message 22: by Lina (new)

Lina (booksnotlovers) Found it. it's just not that common to give up kids in norway, so that's why I haven't heard much about it. It's legal, but the people who want to adopt, seems much keener on adopting Korean/Chinese/Indian kids.


message 23: by linaaaa ~ (new)

linaaaa ~ (iwubu) | 36 comments ok


message 24: by Sara (new)

Sara Roethle (saracroethle) So probably going to get attacked here, but I'm pro-choice. I don't think I'd want to get an abortion if I was put in that situation. But if it's at a stage where it's just a little ball of cells, women should have a choice.


message 25: by Megan (new)

Megan | 134 comments To people who are pro-choice, I see where you are coming from, but the choice the mother is TAKING SOMEONE'S LIFE. The baby is alive once the egg has been fertilized. That sounds very selfish to me, saying "Oh, I'm pregnant, but I don't really feel like dealing with a child right now, so I'll just kill it." Well, that's too darn bad, because the child's already alive.


message 26: by Sara (new)

Sara Roethle (saracroethle) Yeah, it's alive, but in the way an amoeba is alive. It's just a bundle of cells. Yeah killing a baby is horrible, but scientifically speaking, it's not a baby yet.


message 27: by Thalia (new)

Thalia (thaliaanderson) But it's going to be a baby; it's a multi-cellular organism that functions and eats; it just doesn't look like you yet. Scientifically speaking, it IS a child, because that's what's growing inside of you. And that baby has a developing mind; the thing isn't WHEN it starts to be alive. It's that is will be if you allow it to grow, and killing it via abortion kills that baby forever. It doesn't get the chance to live; not ever.

Megan is right; that's incredibly selfish.


message 28: by Sara (new)

Sara Roethle (saracroethle) I understand how it can be viewed as wrong, and don't necessarily disagree with it. Like I said, I'm not sure if I'd get one myself. But from a utilitarian point of view, there are children starving everywhere. If the mother is ill-equipped to take care of a child, yes, she can give it up for adoption, but often she won't. Most families that can afford the adoption process want babies from what they deem a good environment. So we keep producing babies to go to people that want to adopt (don't get me wrong, adoption is a beautiful thing), while babies are starving and dying everywhere. What it all comes down to is that we're overpopulated, we can't even give all of the children that have been born a chance at a descent life. We can say abortion is murder, you have to let that baby form, but to what end? The starving children will be just as dead. Maybe instead of focusing all of this energy on preventing abortions, we should focus it on educating minors, and providing them with proper birth control. Let's face it, most of them will have sex in their teens no matter what you do, so prepare them for it.
Sorry, I'm getting off topic. Once again, I don't mean to offend anyone. I think it's very honorable to put an unborn child's life before your own. I just don't think people should be forced into it. The idea of it being murder is highly debatable, and often comes down to religion. As we are a democracy and not a theocracy, our laws should not be made based on religion.


message 29: by Madelyn (last edited Jul 15, 2011 01:18PM) (new)

Madelyn (mad31lina) | 309 comments I think there should be a certain number of abortions you can legally have, like four or something. If you get raped or your protection is ineffective, you should have the right to fix your mistakes. But if you skip protection all the time...well, that's your problem.

I also agree with Sara--if the kid is going to have a horrible life, gong from home to home in the foster system, how is that better than not being born? Some kids like that end up feeling unwanted and committing suicide or becoming unable to make a good life for themselves. Even if they are adopted, think of the kids in other countries whose parents died or couldn't afford an abortion or another mouth to feed. Instead of adopting them, we adopt the kid who could have not existed in the first place.

Aside from that, at the time you can get an abortion, the child isn't even really sentient--it probably doesn't even look like a child. It isn't going to think about the life that it could of had, and it isn't going to even realize what's happening to it. I know that that sounds kind of insensitive, but it's true.

In addition to that, if women can't get an abortion legally, they may resort to other methods such as trying to loose their child, which could also injure them, or trying to get rid of their child after it is born. That seems a lot worse than getting an abortion.


message 30: by Thalia (new)

Thalia (thaliaanderson) My views on abortion are not at all biased for my religion; it's the same for many people.

Most teenagers will have sex? You don't place much faith in kids these days. None of my friends at school have had sex; it's a little thing called morals. In an ideal world (in my opinion), people would stop abusing sex and put it off until they're actually ready to take on the responsibility of having a family and being committed to the person you're creating that family with. You don't see many husbands and wives who want to get abortions; you see it from girls who decided to have sex just for fun, and now they actually have to deal with the consequences, and want to take the easy way out.

I hate to come off as sounding mean or insensitive to other opinions, but like I said in the beginning, this is a subject that really gets to me. So bear with me; this isn't anything against any of you (or anybody else), but it IS something that I fight against.

YOU DON'T KNOW what will become of that child. How would you like it if your parents decided that your LIFE wasn't WORTH ANYTHING. How would YOU like it if your parents thought "Oh well, they're going to be miserable anyway." You have NO idea! You don't get to make those decisions; it's not your place to decide LIFE or DEATH for an innocent life. No, the baby probably won't get the chance to know exactly what happened to it, you're right. That doesn't make it any less wrong. It'd be like stabbing a mentally handicapped child. Are they really aware of what's happening? Probably not. But it's STILL WRONG.

It doens't matter that it doesn't look like you! It's a BABY, it's ALIVE, it's GROWING. The same way that you're still growing! A five-year-old doesn't look like their adult parent, but that doesn't mean they aren't human! The same goes for a baby; step by step, they develop human features little by little. And if people took responsibility for their actions, they might realize that a child isn't a burden; they're GIFTS to be cherished; not thrown away.

If your parents had decided you weren't "worth" it, that you were going to be miserable anyway, you wouldn't be here. But yourself in that baby's place. It has a CHANCE to be happy, and life is a right given to EVERYBODY. As early as week five of a pregnancy, that child already is developing a body similar to yours. It's little, but IT'S STILL THERE. You cannot erase that life. You cannot play God and decide that this child isn't DESERVING OF LIFE


message 31: by Thalia (new)

Thalia (thaliaanderson) (accidentally hit enter before I was finished.)

And even then, there are still SICKOS who throw their children in garbage cans after giving birth to them.

It's INHUMANE, and abortion is a practice that must be stopped. It's not the baby's fault that we're over-populated. To fix the root problem, people need to go back and question their standards on when it's okay to have sex in the first place. It is the fault of our own POPULATION that over-populating is even an issue! Because nowadays, people want to have sex without consequences. And when they have a consequence, they shouldn't be allowed to run away from it; they should face responsibility for what they did!

It isn't your place to decide who deserves life and who doesn't. That baby could be adopted and loved by someone and have a good life. GIVE IT THE CHANCE.

I'm sorry to sound so harsh, but it's things like that that disgust me about the human race. When people would rather kill than face the consequences of what they've done.


message 32: by luhvBOOKS (new)

luhvBOOKS Lina S.K wrote: "Found it. it's just not that common to give up kids in norway, so that's why I haven't heard much about it. It's legal, but the people who want to adopt, seems much keener on adopting Korean/Chines..."

I have a solution: Dont have sex. PERIOD.


message 33: by Thalia (new)

Thalia (thaliaanderson) Don't have sex until you're married and ready to actual have a baby. >>


message 34: by Thalia (new)

Thalia (thaliaanderson) *actually


message 35: by luhvBOOKS (new)

luhvBOOKS Thalia wrote: "(accidentally hit enter before I was finished.)

And even then, there are still SICKOS who throw their children in garbage cans after giving birth to them.

It's INHUMANE, and abortion is a practic..."


You are EXACTLY right. Amen.


message 36: by Madelyn (new)

Madelyn (mad31lina) | 309 comments I do get that side of the issue. And what Thalia said made sense. People may know that it is morally frowned upon to have sex with tons of people for fun and then get an abortion each time there are consequences, but that doesn't mean they are going to stop.

To be honest, I'm really middle of the fence on this issue. I agree both ways, but I think that abortion should be an option, though not always a readily available one. For instance, if you get raped and then pregnant, you shouldn't have to live with the consequences of some douche's inability to control his sexual impulses. Raising the child of a man who violated you could be psychologically damaging to you and child, and the overall mother-child relationship.

I know I'm sounding very pro-abortion, but that's not actually how I feel--really, I just like a good debate.


message 37: by Thalia (new)

Thalia (thaliaanderson) Then put the baby up for adoption.
At least the baby has a chance at happiness, and they don't have to know that they're father was an idiot. At least then, they'll have someone to love them.

I come across as being really strong on this, because I am. I made a stink about it on tumblr once, and one of my followers sent me a message, saying she was pregnant and had wanted to get an abortion, because she wasn't ready to have the baby. She said that she'd read everything I'd written and that she and her boyfriend decided to have the baby. It's a VERY important thing to speak out against, because it saves lives.

Unfortunately, in today's world, it isn't frowned upon to have sex anymore, and that's another thing that disgusts me about people.


message 38: by Madelyn (new)

Madelyn (mad31lina) | 309 comments All right, this is how I see it. If you force the woman to have the baby, you are technically oppressing her. Desperate women do desperate things. Women should have the ability to control their own bodies. Abortion after the woman has reached the third trimester is wrong unless she is facing some sort of imminent death. For the record, many zygotes are formed without becoming babies. Arguably, when you abort the pregnancy at an early stage, the baby is not yet really alive. People should first adopt the children whose parents had no other option than to put them up for adoption in the first place. As much as I understand the anti-abortion point of view, I remain pro-abortion (particularly after discussing it with my mom.)


message 39: by Thalia (new)

Thalia (thaliaanderson) Women can control their bodies, yes.

But not when a human life is at stake.

Like I said, that child starts looking human as early as five weeks; a lot of women don't even realize they're pregnant until then. And it can feel pain at twenty weeks. And before the third trimester, you can still feel it inside of you, you can still feel is kick! It's ALIVE. Just because it doesn't breathe the air you do, and you can't see it doesn't mean it's not there.

You could also close your eyes when you stab somebody, but they're still going to die. That's essentially the exact same thing.


message 40: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ No, that's not essentially the same thing. If you stab a person, they most likely have a family and friends, people who know and love them, etc. No one "knows" an unborn child.

Now, I personally don't like abortion, although I don't think anyone does. I wouldn't choose one for myself, unless I or the child was going to die for some reason. And even then, I would feel utterly terrible.

What I don't like is the assumption that people just get abortions willy-nilly because they're making dumb decisions. First of all, it can't be as simple as "don't have sex", because let's be realistic here ... People like having sex. Also, even if you're having safe sex, there can be mistakes. The condom could break. You never know. Then there are cases like rape victims who get pregnant. Would you really want a raped 12-year-old to go through with a pregnancy?

I don't think people should just be careless and get abortions all the time. However, it's important to understand that getting an abortion is a very hard decision; it's different for every woman.

Recently I read an article about a woman who was pregnant, and it turned out her unborn child had her legs fused together and had no chance of being born alive. The woman was already devastated about having to get the abortion, and to make it worse there were protesters outside the clinic yelling at her that she was destroying a life and that she was going to hell, etc. I can't imagine having to suffer through something like that––having to choose something so horrible because your situation is hopeless, and then to be accused of murder in such a hateful and unsympathetic manner.


message 41: by Madelyn (new)

Madelyn (mad31lina) | 309 comments ♥ Brigid ♥ {Lion Hearted Girl} wrote: "No, that's not essentially the same thing. If you stab a person, they most likely have a family and friends, people who know and love them, etc. No one "knows" an unborn child.

Now, I personally ..."


Yes! I agree.


message 42: by Sara (new)

Sara Roethle (saracroethle) For all of the "don't have sex" votes, it's a personal choice. I've been happily having sex for a good 8 years now, and I've managed to not get pregnant. IT'S NOT THAT HARD. Where I grew up, teens were having sex as young as 13...I was the odd person out waiting 'till 16. No matter how much people may not want to believe it, we live in a society highly influenced by sex. Teens are having sex at younger and younger ages. We can't stop it. Every girl I've known that has gotten pregnant wasn't being safe. Yeah birth control is JUST 99.5% accurate. Use birth control and a condom. It's not rocket science. In most area you can go to planned parenthood and get them for free. Then we can all be happy. Have sex, don't have sex. No need for abortions if parents could simply accept the facts and prepare their sons and daughters.


message 43: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ Sara wrote: "For all of the "don't have sex" votes, it's a personal choice. I've been happily having sex for a good 8 years now, and I've managed to not get pregnant. IT'S NOT THAT HARD. Where I grew up, teens ..."

Nicely said. Kids should understand how important it is to do it safely ... then this issue could be avoided a lot more often.


message 44: by Megan (last edited Jul 15, 2011 07:25PM) (new)

Megan | 134 comments ♥ Brigid ♥ {Lion Hearted Girl} wrote: "No, that's not essentially the same thing. If you stab a person, they most likely have a family and friends, people who know and love them, etc. No one "knows" an unborn child.

Now, I personally ..."


First of all, how many women do you think get abortions for life-threatening issues? Or because they were raped? Not as many as those who just aren't making smart decisions. And even if they were raped, and they don't want to go through all of the troubles, just give them up for adoption. I know a girl who is perfectly happy and she's adopted. It's not that big a deal. Besides, I'd rather have a horrible life than no life. Because, even if s/he didn't get the childhood they want, s/he could still have a great adult life.

And I'm not sure how many times I have to say this, but it's MURDER!!! Once the egg has been fertilized, it's alive. No matter how underdeveloped it is, it's still alive, no denying that. Stop giving me the "it's only a bunch of cells in the first stage" crap. It's still alive. I learned that in 7th grade science.


message 45: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ Megan wrote: "♥ Brigid ♥ {Lion Hearted Girl} wrote: "No, that's not essentially the same thing. If you stab a person, they most likely have a family and friends, people who know and love them, etc. No one "knows..."

I'm not saying that there are more women who do it because of life-threatening issues; I'm saying you can't judge everyone who gets an abortion the same way. It's a personal situation and not anyone's business but the woman's.

And you realize that if you give up a child for adoption, you still have to go through the actual pregnancy. As someone who's seen my mom go through five pregnancies ... it's definitely not something I'd want to go through anytime soon. You say you'd rather have a horrible life than no life, but ... if you had no life, you wouldn't know it so it's not like you would know the difference.

At what point did I say the unborn child was not living? I'm not a moron. I took 7th grade science as well. However, I personally do not equate abortion with murder.


message 46: by Megan (new)

Megan | 134 comments ♥ Brigid ♥ {Lion Hearted Girl} wrote: "Megan wrote: "♥ Brigid ♥ {Lion Hearted Girl} wrote: "No, that's not essentially the same thing. If you stab a person, they most likely have a family and friends, people who know and love them, etc...."

Abortion is murder.. You're killing a child.. Which is murder. It doesn't matter if the mom doesn't want it. It doesn't matter if the victim doesn't know what's going on. As Thalia said, it would be like killing someone mentally handicapped. Bottom line, killing is killing, no matter what the circumstances.

I've seen women go through pregnancy before. In fact, my mom is pregnant right now. I know it's not pretty, but it doesn't matter. Just because you don't want to deal with it doesn't mean you can kill an innocent child for your mistakes. And going through a pregnancy is nothing compared to not having a chance to live! It's not that much to ask.


message 47: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ Megan wrote: "♥ Brigid ♥ {Lion Hearted Girl} wrote: "Megan wrote: "♥ Brigid ♥ {Lion Hearted Girl} wrote: "No, that's not essentially the same thing. If you stab a person, they most likely have a family and frien..."

I don't think I can really do anything beyond politely disagree with you, since I've already stated what my beliefs are.

You can repeatedly tell me that abortion is murder––which in a way, is true, but it's a very judgmental way to phrase it. But it's not how I choose to think of it, since I know a lot of women who get abortions are in a very tough situation as it is.

I know that abortion is taking a life. I know it's killing. I know the unborn child doesn't have a choice. However, it's the mother's decision. Not all women are in the mental, emotional, or financial situation to either go through a pregnancy or raise a child. Yes, abortion is horrible. I think just about everyone agrees on that. But I'm not going to make generalizations by saying that abortions are simply "killing an innocent child for your mistakes" because it's more complex than that.


message 48: by Thalia (new)

Thalia (thaliaanderson) If you remember what I said about not having sex until you were ready, I added an "in an indeal world" before I said. I know that's a long stretch from where the human society is today, and we'll probably never get there. (Although I do disagree that it should be a personal choice when to have sex, but that's for another discussion.)

One of my best friends had a boyfriend who drugged her, had sex with her, and she got pregnant. Her family was in a bad financial situation, and she was thirteen years old when it happened to her. But she went through it, and she endured some of the rumors at school about her, and she STUCK IT OUT, and had the baby, gave it up for adoption. She's a better, stronger person because of it, and she was barely a teenager.

And aside from rape, it was your personal decision that led to a pregnancy in the first place. I mean, personal morals aside, wouldn't it be common sense to think, "Well, I'm not in the best financial situation. Maybe I shouldn't take the chance I'll get pregnant, protection or no." My sister-in-law got pregnant and she had freaking NuvaRing or whatever inside of her. Nothing is for certain. If you're not in a good situation, wouldn't it make sense not to take the chance?

It doesn't cost anything to be pregnant. You'll get sick for awhile, but just make sure that you're eating good food and you're gonna be fine until you give birth. After that, if you don't have the baby, then send it off to adoption, and it's not your problem anymore.

Unless you were raped, it was YOUR CHOICES that led to your pregnancy. You should have to face that, regardless of your situation. I don't think it's right to place to life of a baby into the hands of a mother who doesn't even want it. People are given rights, and one of those is a right to their life. The same should apply to that child, even if it doesn't look like you, talk like you, and is fed through a another person. it deserves life just as much as you do.

Like I said before, put yourself in that baby's place. If you were aware of what was happening around you, and you knew that your mother made the decision to destroy you, you'd want protections! You'd want to know that at least your right to live is secure.

And ESPECIALLY if when a man beats up a pregnant woman and the child dies, and it counts as murder, then a woman shouldn't be able to turn around and decide that she doesn't want that baby and kill it the same way! That's like claiming the sky is blue, BUT ONLY when it's convienient to you.

You can't get around killing. You can't beat around the bush and say that murder is okay in certain situations, because it's not. There's only a couple causes that I would fight for until my very dying breath, that I would die for if it meant that something could be changed to save thousands of lives. This is one of those things, and there's nothing to say that would ever make abortion okay.

Like luvhBOOKS said, a minor can't get a tattoo without the okay from their parents, but they can end a life? Everyone should agree that something is seriously screwed up about that! Taking a life is wrong, no matter what your circumstance is; just like killing someone else "alive" and born is wrong, no matter what your circumstance is.


message 49: by luhvBOOKS (new)

luhvBOOKS Madelyn wrote: "I do get that side of the issue. And what Thalia said made sense. People may know that it is morally frowned upon to have sex with tons of people for fun and then get an abortion each time there ar..."

You don't have to keep the baby. you can put it up for adoption and have a nice family adopt it, one that can't have children. Besides, you shouldn't pity yourself when you get raped. You should pity the baby that you are going to murder because you can't man up.


message 50: by Madelyn (new)

Madelyn (mad31lina) | 309 comments luhvBOOKS wrote: "Madelyn wrote: "I do get that side of the issue. And what Thalia said made sense. People may know that it is morally frowned upon to have sex with tons of people for fun and then get an abortion ea..."

Okay, don't take this the wrong way, but that sounded kind of insensitive.


« previous 1 3 4
back to top