Christian Support Group :) discussion

general > Christain Rock/Screamo

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dibily Do (last edited Jul 14, 2011 08:20AM) (new)

Dibily Do | 214 comments Some people are very touche on this subject because this is very controversial. Some people believe that there is no such thing as Christian Rock/Screamo and it's influenced by the devil one way or an other.

Others see it as a type of music that praises God and it's just an other type of joyful noise lifted up to God.

What do you think?

Secondslikecenturies Well honestly I don't really think it matters. If you don't understand it don't listen to it. I listen to Chistain Rock and it's pretty good, they say nothing bad in the songs.

Kate (theshortone) (katetheshortone) I'd like to point out the a joyful noise is any type of noise that is used to praise God. It doesn't say a pretty or talented voice. As long as it praises God then how can it be influenced by the devil.

Secondslikecenturies My two favorite Christian rock bands would be Philmont and Fireflight.

Kate (theshortone) (katetheshortone) Mine are Hawl Nelson, Relient K., Skillet, Stellar KArt, Barlowgirl, Superchick, and Tenth Avenue North.

Secondslikecenturies OOOOOOOO I like Skillet too!!!!!!

Secondslikecenturies I like those bands too.....!

message 8: by Okie (new)

Okie (okiecavies) | 25 comments I thank God for Christian heavy metal and 'screamo' bands....it IS A MINISTRY!!!! I truly believe Jesus meets us where we are, and I believe these bands do that for their fans.

message 9: by Tesse (last edited Aug 03, 2011 09:26PM) (new)

Tesse | 25 comments N.S.A (Search for the Truth) wrote: "Some people are very touche on this subject because this is very controversial. Some people believe that there is no such thing as Christian Rock/Screamo and it's influenced by the devil one way or..."

I thought of this answer during a realy long car trip to visit family. You could sat's more of the latter, since rock/screamo Christian music is what you'd call "Contemporary Christian". It's the same as Christian music, but it's more towards teens and adults who aren't Christians to listen to. Like in "To Save a Life", the writer said it wasn't meant to be a real Christian movie. It was more geared towards the group of teens who don't go to church and watching the movie would be most likely the only time for them to get to know Christ. Like the movie, the music is for those who's only chance to get to know Christ is through the music. It's not like they're going to go on youtube of itunes and look up gospel nusic. They're more likely to look up Skillet or Switchfoot or another contemporary christian band. So no, it's not all "screamo" music. It's christian music made for the non-christian crowd.

yojharobed || I have no sword. I don't need a sword. Because I am the Doctor and this is my spoon. En garde! (yojharobed) God's Swordmaiden wrote: "Mine are Hawl Nelson, Relient K., Skillet, Stellar KArt, Barlowgirl, Superchick, and Tenth Avenue North."

I wouldn't necessarily call Tenth Avenue North 'Rock' per se, 'cuz they are mostly just Christian Contemporary with hardly any rock. tobyMac I would call rock. :)

message 11: by Tesse (new)

Tesse | 25 comments I think you'd call that "rap".. and what's with the "air-quotes" any way?

message 13: by Tesse (new)

Tesse | 25 comments Toby Mac~san...

message 15: by Tesse (new)

Tesse | 25 comments True...

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

I don't listen to Christian screamo simply because I don't like the sound. It's probably my least favorite genre. However, I think that only God can know what was in the heart of the 'singer' (notice the quotes, lol).