My Thoughts Be Bloody: The Bitter Rivalry Between Edwin and John Wilkes Booth That Led to an American Tragedy My Thoughts Be Bloody question

Has anyone read this book?
Sally Sally Jul 14, 2011 02:03AM
If you've read it, what were your thoughts. I love history and it sounds like it would be a good read. I'd like to hear the views of others that read it.

Yes. I am really disinterested in any romanticizing of JWB and this book absolutely did the opposite of that. Edwin Booth was fascinating. Well worth the read. Plus, the Player's Club info was so interesting.

It gives background on JWB and gives a sense of what it was like to be an actor in the nineteenth century. I loved the Players Club.

I read it ...very interesting to read about the family of john wilkes booth

Yes....if you like history, pick it up. It presents a familiar story with depth and from another angle. It's quite well done.

I did! I love it....see my review...but you get a lot of insight into Booth and what made him the way he was

I'd agree with Adrienne and others. This gives a great insight into the times, and what America was like leading up to Lincoln's assasination. The story of the Booth family and how its dynamics contributed to the molding of the mind of the assasin is compelling.