Terminalcoffee discussion

Sharing Time: > Has your dog ever eaten part of your body?

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Lobstergirl | 24152 comments Mod
Don't lie.

Dog ate three of his owners toes as he slept
(the man was diabetic and his feet were numb)

Dogs have been known to eat dead or diseased human flesh. A family's dog in Illinois ate the toes off a 10-year-old girl's left foot while she slept last December. She had a sore on her foot.

In August, a dog in Michigan bit off most of its owner's infected big toe after the man passed out from alcohol. The man had diabetes, and the animal was apparently attracted to a festering wound.

http://www.dailytribune.com/articles/...

And if you die and your dog eats you to survive, should it be euthanized, or put up for adoption? Would you adopt a dog that had just munched on a human?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatc...

message 2: by Louise (last edited Jul 14, 2011 02:43AM) (new)

Louise Our dog likes to eat the dry skin I file off my foot...

Anyway how could the Illinois dog eat the toeS of her foot? wouldn't she wake up after the first??!

message 3: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca White (rebecca_white) | 1028 comments My journalist boyfriend said a policeman told him that, from his experience in finding dead people, the difference between a dog and a cat is that a cat will eat you right away while a dog will wait till it's about to starve. FWIW

message 4: by Dr. Detroit (new)

Dr. Detroit | 6019 comments Marie Prevost, anyone? As celebrated by Nick Lowe on his "Jesus of Cool" album:

"She was a winner/That became a doggie's dinner"

http://www.flapperjane.com/July%20Aug...

message 5: by Janice (new)

Janice (jamasc) Ewww!

message 6: by Jammies (new)

Jammies Clark, that's so sad. :( And Nick Lowe didn't even get the event right.

message 7: by Suefly (new)

Suefly | 620 comments Louise wrote: "Our dog likes to eat the dry skin I file off my foot...

Anyway how could the Illinois dog eat the toeS of her foot? wouldn't she wake up after the first??!"

Your dog eats dry skin? Hmmm.

message 8: by Helena (new)

Helena | 1058 comments I have no doubt that my dog would eat me should I expire unexpectedly.

He hasn’t tried to eat any part of me yet. He’s not allowed to lick people, so perhaps he hasn’t developed a taste.

message 9: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments No.

message 10: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Lopez | 4728 comments Nope.

message 11: by Dr. Detroit (new)

Dr. Detroit | 6019 comments Jammies wrote: "Clark, that's so sad. :( And Nick Lowe didn't even get the event right."

Yeah, but at least he got a GREAT song out of it.

message 12: by Jammies (new)

Jammies Hrmf. I hope something nibbles him to death.

Oh, and no, none of my dogs have ever eaten a part of my body, although after I give Little Miss a treat I check my fingers just in case. ;)

message 13: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Louise wrote: "Our dog likes to eat the dry skin I file off my foot...

Anyway how could the Illinois dog eat the toeS of her foot? wouldn't she wake up after the first??!"

I guess some people are just sound sleepers.

Me, I would wake up as soon as the dog's hot breath was on me.

message 14: by Michael (new)

Michael The guy was diabetic so maybe he didn't have any feeling in his toes. Some dogs are smart, what would you do if he held his breath before going in for one of the little piggies?

message 15: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Well at least I'd wake up before more than one of them was munched.

message 16: by Michael (new)

Michael Not if the dog sedated you first. I think a human-eating dog might make an interesting short story.

message 17: by Annie (new)

Annie (agrunwe) My dog took a chunk out of my finger last year. He's a vicious brute, but oh well. He spat it out, though. He doesn't seem to like human flesh. We always knew he was a finicky eater.

My cats, however, love chewing on my fingernails and hair. One will chew on my brother's beard all night, and the other will lick my skin and chew on my eyelashes. Strange creatures.

message 18: by Janice (new)

Janice (jamasc) Annie wrote: "My cats, however, love chewing on my fingernails and hair. One will chew on my brother's beard all night, and the other will lick my skin and chew on my eyelashes. Strange creatures."

And you let them?