Starcrossed (Starcrossed, #1) Starcrossed discussion

Helen and Lucas

Comments Showing 1-50 of 86 (86 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Anna (Literary Exploration) Okay, so where the relationship between Lucas and Helen is supposed to lead is obvious, but I'm still confused about whether or not they're actually related. At one point, the whole drama comes out about Daphne and Ajax being married and Helen being their daughter, but then Daphne tells Pandora that Helen actually isn't Ajax's daughter! Honestly, I think the ending of this series is going to be pretty similar to the Mortal Instruments series, where we'll find out that Lucas and Helen actually aren't related, but I'm curious to see what other people think and what other theories are out there?

Adriana Yeah i was a bit confused with that one too. I think that Daphne is hiding something else though, i dont know if its the true idenity of Helens father or something else she seems very suspicious to me....I do hope that they find out that they are not related and can finally together cus there relationship is very intense LOL which i love.....:)

Anna (Literary Exploration) I definitely agree. I think Daphne just told everyone that Lucas and Helen were related to keep them apart. She's pretty shady.

Adriana yeah i dont get why she did not tell Lucas and Helen after she told Pandora. But i guess they would have found out if Pandora was there but she wasnt so she kept it a secret and who knows until when she will keep it a secret and yeah you are right it might be like Mortal Instruments that they find out at the end that they are not related and can finally be together...i wonder how long we have to wait....but yeah Daphne is very shady...

Sylvia I love the suspense of it for the sake of the characters...just imagine how much tension will be built up because of it and lets hope that we are not too disappointed with the outcome (I know that it is a Y.A book so things are not as hightened as we would like it to be)...but Daphne is alot shady and I cannot guess what she is up to but definantely not acting like a real mother would...that is thinking of her daughter first with genuine love.

Adriana i dont think we will be disappointed ....im so looking forward to the next one .....i want to know what is up with Daphne and im dying for them to find out they are not related so they can finally be together and i also want to know who Helens father really is.....

Sylvia Yeah I know we want be disappointed and I too cannot wait...I actually haven't thought of who Helen's real father is! There is another mystery to be solved right there...can't wait.

Emmaredfern Redfern is starcrossed a series

Danielle I thought that we already knew that Helen and Lucas weren't related? I got the impression that they weren't and yet, they didn't know it? I'll read it again to make sure lolol :)

Anna (Literary Exploration) Yeah, they don't know they're related until Helen's mom comes back and says that they're cousins. But then Daphne (Helen's mom) tells Pandora that Lucas and Helen aren't related. It's a big jumbled mess.

And yeah, Starcrossed is a series.

message 11: by Tina (new)

Tina Lemon Oh my Greek Gods... others warned me this was a love it or hate it book. Well, I hate this book with a passion. Told very "soap opera style", I have no idea why others like it so much. It's like Smallville & Heroes reincarnated using Greek myth. The first four chapters of gossip was seriously headache-inducing. And I could not like Helen. I couldn't believe the romance. Nothing really worked for me here...

Emmaredfern Redfern Anna wrote: "Yeah, they don't know they're related until Helen's mom comes back and says that they're cousins. But then Daphne (Helen's mom) tells Pandora that Lucas and Helen aren't related. It's a big jumbled..."

ohh i didnt know it was series. Thanks

Sonia Anna wrote: "Okay, so where the relationship between Lucas and Helen is supposed to lead is obvious, but I'm still confused about whether or not they're actually related. At one point, the whole drama comes out..."

UGH I was going insane!!!!! because of what Helen's mom told them. Helen's mom is lying, i just know it! They cant be related!

Veronica I noticed that the math didn't add up. Helen's mom said that Ajax had been dead for 19 years now yet Helen had just turned 17. That's what makes me believe that they are actually not related.

Veronica I think that she lied in order to keep them away from the other so that they didn't start the war all over again...

Claire Anna wrote: "Okay, so where the relationship between Lucas and Helen is supposed to lead is obvious, but I'm still confused about whether or not they're actually related. At one point, the whole drama comes out..." Do the Maths!

Claire I think she lied son that Helen would concerntrate on doing what Daphne wants and not want 2 teenagers in love like doing!

Sonia Veronica wrote: "I noticed that the math didn't add up. Helen's mom said that Ajax had been dead for 19 years now yet Helen had just turned 17. That's what makes me believe that they are actually not related."

You're so right! Yeah, that makes sense. Now we know for sure that Helen's mom is lying. :)

message 19: by Jess (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jess The ending of the book sucked. I mean really Helen and Lucas are not related! I don't like how the author made the two think that they are related, to dramatic.

Veronica Haha, you're welcome? :P

Sonia Jess wrote: "The ending of the book sucked. I mean really Helen and Lucas are not related! I don't like how the author made the two think that they are related, to dramatic."

That is exactly what I was thinking! Thats why I rated it a 4.8 star, LOL. but really though.

Sylvia I always knew that Helen's mum would be lying...obviously she has something bigger up her sleeve...

Sonia Exactly

Sylvia I just hate that we have to wait to find out what she is planning LOL there are so many cliffhangers and book series that I am reading I am getting so confused lol anyone else?

Veronica The cliffhanger to "Crecendo" got me all mad haha! That's one of the worst ones that I have read...

Sylvia Ahhh yeah Crescendo...lol completely forgot about that one lol see my point...

Sandra I just hope that Helen and Lucas eventually ends up together. :P

Sylvia Me too...there connection is so strong

Sandra I agree. ^_____^
I am so in love with the whole story.
Makes me want to be a demigod too. LOL

message 30: by Meg (new) - rated it 4 stars

Meg As well as the math thing, her being 17 and Ajax dieing 19 years ago, so how on earth can he be her father? there's the fact that Helen didn't see the furies around Hector at the end so they aren't related by blood!

Daphne's well dodgy!

Sonia Exactly now I cant wait till the next book! UGH!

message 32: by Meg (new) - rated it 4 stars

Meg I just hope she doesn't drag out the whole are we related are we not related thing, if she does I think I'm gunna be reallyyyy annoyed by it. Plus Helen started to get on my nerves so while I'm excited for the next one I'm a bit wary of it

Veronica How did she get on your nerves?

message 34: by Meg (new) - rated it 4 stars

Meg I just sometimes found myself thinking, 'get over youself and suck it up already' plus the fact that she thought someone who got killed 2 years before she was born could be her father... she just seemed too caught up in herself sometimes and a little ignorant of the people her actions were affecting... but its probably just me lol
I don't dislike her though

Veronica Hmmm... maybe when I re-read the book I'll notice these things.

message 36: by Amy (last edited Aug 10, 2011 04:29PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy Acosta Veronica wrote: "I noticed that the math didn't add up. Helen's mom said that Ajax had been dead for 19 years now yet Helen had just turned 17. That's what makes me believe that they are actually not related."

That's exactly it. If he died 19 years ago, there is no way that two years later she gave birth to Helen. Thus, Helen and Lucas are not related and all is right in the world :) Well...almost. I hate, hate, hate Daphne so much for making them miserable! And I guess the second book will be like in The Mortal Instruments where they're constantly battling their instincts and trying to be good, and shocking everyone around them when they're not. lol.

Sylvia LOL ... yeah the math think sux ... we as readers know and I get why Josephine wants this intrigue but we all figured it out so I'm sure that Lucas and Helen will figure it out too...I hope they do anyways lol

Sonia I know right! It made me insane when they actually believed her! UGH! what kind of sick mother would do that!? if i were them, i would do some blood test, just to make sure Daphne arent lying :P and ya the math thing makes lots of sense. i didnt think of that :P

Cinderela I think maybe Helens real father is either Jerry or Daedalus >> the guy that Helens saw on her moms recent calls list. So maybe this Daedalus guy is from the Other House - They just found out via Casandra that there are three houses left not two, but who knows.

Cannot wait till 2012..ugh thats forever.

Cinderela How come Lucas couldn't pick up the lie though?

Veronica I think he was just too upset at the time. He didn't want to believe it. There was just too must going on that night, he could have missed thoe whole "Ajax died 19 years ago" thing...

Janae Cinderela wrote: "I think maybe Helens real father is either Jerry or Daedalus >> the guy that Helens saw on her moms recent calls list. So maybe this Daedalus guy is from the Other House - They just found out via C..."

I thought the same thing after words too! Yea but then I was also thinking that she and Lucas were smart enough that they should've been wary of the fact that Daphne was a liar and thought through to the truth. They shouldn't of taken what was given to them. Plus the date in between should've been a clue!!

Cinderela Veronica wrote: "I think he was just too upset at the time. He didn't want to believe it. There was just too must going on that night, he could have missed thoe whole "Ajax died 19 years ago" thing..."

agreed :( ughh! lol

Cinderela Janae wrote: "Cinderela wrote: "I think maybe Helens real father is either Jerry or Daedalus >> the guy that Helens saw on her moms recent calls list. So maybe this Daedalus guy is from the Other House - They ju..."

And I guess maybe she was charming Lucas or he was too distracted to detect the lie or something because he didn't sense the lie when she was like, <> or something. Who knows!

Janae Cinderela wrote: "Janae wrote: "Cinderela wrote: "I think maybe Helens real father is either Jerry or Daedalus >> the guy that Helens saw on her moms recent calls list. So maybe this Daedalus guy is from the Other H..."

I want to know and what is really going on! If it gets dragged out I will be annoyed too!

Karina I agree Daphne has other intentions. I wonder who is the real father and also how Pandora knew that Ajax wasn't the father....Hmmmmmmmm. It sucks because Lucas and Helen were finally happy and now they think they are related. However, i loveeeeeee the book and can't wait for the second book to come out.

Janae Me either, it's going to be good!

message 48: by Kyla (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kyla Karina wrote: "I agree Daphne has other intentions. I wonder who is the real father and also how Pandora knew that Ajax wasn't the father....Hmmmmmmmm. It sucks because Lucas and Helen were finally happy and no..."

Pandora knew because Ajax died 19 years ago and Helen only just turned 17. But what mad me really mad is that no one put 2 and 2 togerther! And i was confused because Lucas didn't detect a lie so...... What the hell does that mean!?!? They're obviously supposed to be together. I want them to be together. THEY NEED TO BE TOGETHER!!!! But the stupid Fates are screwing that up!!!! The ending just left so much open. I spent like 2 weeks trying to see how it would come together. I need the next book or I think i'll go insane!!! LOL

Veronica I totally forgot about Lucas and his ability to detect lies. Hmmm...

Jennifer Messer-urieta She never told lucas, she told Helen then Helen told Lucas. Very slick Helen believes it so it's not a lie. You would think his sister would know since she is an oracle. Obviously the lie is needed to carry off some part of the story. Can't wait for the next book. I prefer adult books to this ya mush but this was a good story!

« previous 1