Meg Cabot Fan Club discussion

Abandon (Abandon, #1)
This topic is about Abandon
Abandon > Abandon

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

LadyDisdain | 28 comments So I noticed that there wasn't a post for Meg Cabot's newest, and highly anticipated, novel Abandon. How many of you have read it? And if so, what did you think of it?

Diana | 234 comments Mod
I haven't gotten to it yet, don't even know why since I love the mythology of it.

I was actually thinking of trying to start a group read for it or something to get this group a little more active.

LadyDisdain | 28 comments Yeah, that's a good idea! It's quite good for that as there are lots of things to discuss. Not many people seem to have read it in this group though =\ But I'd definitely join =D Are you one of the mods? (Do you have to be a mod to start a group read thing?)

The Romance Bookie (theromancebookie) | 9 comments I'll be reading next, right after "Overbite" her second book in the "Insatiable" series!

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

I completely adore it. One of my favorite books by Meg. John = supermegafoxyawesomehot!!!!! Hello, Tall, Dark, and Handsome.

message 6: by Dee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dee I just finished this book like five minutes ago. I thought the beginning was hard to get into, but I did end up liking it and liking John in the end.

message 7: by Dee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dee Who else is excited for the sequel to this book called "Underworld?" It's supposed to come out this May. I keep checking to see if Meg has posted the excerpt on her website yet, but I think she's still writing this one.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Ok, so I follow Meg's blog obsessively and here is what I found out:

Here is the book cover for Underworld:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/megcabot...

OMG - SOOO GOOD! And she did confirm that that is John's arm pulling Pierce (and, damn, that's a sexy forearm).

Meg hasn't released anything on it, but if you zoom in a ton, you can read the blurb on the book cover. Here it is for people who don't want to squint:

"ESCAPE FROM THE REALM OF THE DEAD IS IMPOSSIBLE WHEN SOMEONE THERE WANTS YOU BACK.

Seventeen-year-old Pierce Oliviera isn't dead. Not this time. But she is being held against her will in the dim, twilit world between heaven and hell where the spirits of the deceased wait before embarking on their final journey. Her captor, John Hayden, claims it's for her own safety. Because not all the departed are dear. Some are so unhappy with where they ended up after leaving the Underworld, they've come back as Furies, intent on vengeance...on the one who sent them there and on the one whom he loves. But while Pierce might be safe from the Furies in the Underworld, far worse dangers could be lurking for her here... and they might have to do more with its ruler than with his enemies. And unless Pierce is careful, this time there'll be no escape."

DUHHHHNNNN DUUHHHNNNN.

It will be released May 8th (countdown - woot woot!).

...And that is sadly everything we know. HOWEVER, we can speculate!

THINGS THAT I THINK ARE GONNA BE BIG IN UNDERWORLD:

-The Necklace
-The 'underworld' that John rules
-John, his history/his weird weather-controlling powers
-Furies
-Coffin Night
-JOHN
-Pierce's mom???
-Seth Rector + family
-JOHNJOHNJOHNJOHNJOHN
-Alex

message 9: by Dee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dee Undesirable#1 wrote: "Ok, so I follow Meg's blog obsessively and here is what I found out:

Here is the book cover for Underworld:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/megcabot...

OMG - SOOO GOOD! And she did confi..."

OMG Awesome! Thanks for posting the cover! I love mythology so I'm super excited for this series to continue.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

OH MY GOD. CHAPTERS ONE AND TWO WERE RELEASED FROM 'UNDERWORLD'.

http://megcabot.com/abandon/underworl...

THAT IS SOOSOSOOSOSOSO GOOD.

message 11: by Dee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dee Thanks for posting this, I been obsessively checking her website for the excerpts but I was starting to give up.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Deanna wrote: "Thanks for posting this, I been obsessively checking her website for the excerpts but I was starting to give up."

Me too! I have been waiting and waiting for a trailer or something, and then yesterday BAM there they were!

And, oh god, John was shirtless the entire chapter. My life is complete.