A Song of Ice & Fire Fans discussion

Dance "Moment" MILD SPOILER - First 150 pages only

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tobin (new)

Tobin | 7 comments Wow...p. 111. really was the first time where I went "WHOA!!"

What a way to do JS! Loved it. Unfortunately I'm wary of things like this coming back to haunt him. I'll just have to see.

Lovin' it so far. I'm trying to read at a pace where I can consume it quickly, but more importantly, savor it; because I know the next won't come for a while still.

-tpl

message 2: by Aly (new)

Aly (Alygator) | 113 comments Is it mean to say I enjoyed that bit?! JS annoyed me.

message 3: by Tobin (new)

Tobin | 7 comments Aly wrote: "Is it mean to say I enjoyed that bit?! JS annoyed me."

I liked that he was so decisive. I also loved the back and forth. GRRM made us AND the characters think JS changed his mind (b/w life and death) a couple of times. By doing it like this GRRM put us in the scene much more intensely than typical.

-tpl

message 4: by Jon (new)

Jon (FTSJ) | 41 comments JS is awful he deserved it!

message 5: by Lina (last edited Jul 15, 2011 06:24PM) (new)

Lina (lcyberlina) | 44 comments This moment was oh so sweet I started dancing :) (view spoiler)

message 6: by Christy (new)

Christy | 57 comments Loved it!

message 7: by Andrew (new)

Andrew | 18 comments That was fantastic. I really liked that Jon changed his mind and beheaded JS instead of hanging him. It was nice to see Jon following Ned's tradition of doing the dirty work himself, rather than having a headsman do it.

message 8: by Maja (new)

Maja (maja_montero) | 105 comments Tobin wrote: "Wow...p. 111. really was the first time where I went "WHOA!!"

Lovin..."

I did the same thing! I was like WHOA MAN, he is not messing around Way to go! Loved that part.

message 9: by Kevin (last edited Jul 19, 2011 06:22PM) (new)

Kevin Xu (kxu65) | 33 comments I love that Tyrion is still as funny as ever.

Jayme(the ghost reader) (jaymeiltheghostreader) | 1113 comments I got kinda annoyed when he kept bringing up "where do whores go or wherever whores go". It got to be too much after it was repeated like ten times.

message 11: by Kevin (new)

Kevin Xu (kxu65) | 33 comments Jayme(the ghost reader) wrote: "I got kinda annoyed when he kept bringing up "where do whores go or wherever whores go". It got to be too much after it was repeated like ten times."

I know what you mean.

message 12: by Maja (new)

Maja (maja_montero) | 105 comments Jayme(the ghost reader) wrote: "I got kinda annoyed when he kept bringing up "where do whores go or wherever whores go". It got to be too much after it was repeated like ten times."

I think he is just trying to find someone who might know the answer to that ''question''... Someone might know and he might find what he is looking for in the end.

Jayme(the ghost reader) (jaymeiltheghostreader) | 1113 comments well no one knew the answer as far as I got.

message 14: by Maja (new)

Maja (maja_montero) | 105 comments Maybe eventually somebody will... But we are only talking about first 150 pages here... so lets keep it that way...

Jayme(the ghost reader) (jaymeiltheghostreader) | 1113 comments I am still only in the first 150 pages.

Jayme(the ghost reader) (jaymeiltheghostreader) | 1113 comments Illyrio sure enjoys his garlic don't he.

message 17: by Maja (new)

Maja (maja_montero) | 105 comments Jayme(the ghost reader) wrote: "I am still only in the first 150 pages."

In that case, there is still a long way to go... in the next 850 pages he might find someone who will know the answer to his question...

message 18: by Natalie (new)

Natalie Febres | 46 comments LOVED LOVED LOVED this part (p. 111)!!! I was reading it on a road trip and literally shouted YES!!! Then I told my friend about it and she looked at me really funny. Meh. She reads Nora Roberts. :/