!The Young Adult Book Club! discussion

The Basics > Introduce yourself!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 452 (452 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

message 1: by Patrick (new)

Patrick (patrick_castro) Hi Guys, since you joined this group why not tell us about you.
Favorite books, foods, authors, ect

Have fun!!! :]^^

message 2: by Vonze (new)

Vonze | 3 comments Hey, I'm Yvonne or Vonze :)

My favorite authors at the moment are Suzanne Collins and Jane Austen. Can't wait for the Hunger Game movie.

I love the book Little Women because I think the main character, Jo, acts a lot like me or vice versa.

Authors I was lucky enough to meet: Meg Cabot, Cassandra Clare

message 3: by Chaucey (new)

Chaucey Ellis Hi, I'm from New Zealand. I'm 32 and a mother to two little boys.
YA is my favourite genre, and of course there is heaps of variety in it. My least favourite genres are macho action/thrillers/espionage type, and the relationship sort of chick lit.
I'm quite interested in dis-utopian books.

I have a great local library. I bought an e-reader this year too and it is helping me get through books a bit faster.

message 4: by Vonze (new)

Vonze | 3 comments Awesome, wish I had an e-reader :)

message 5: by Patrick (new)

Patrick (patrick_castro) I have a nookcolor which is pretty awesome

message 6: by Paige (new)

Paige (thewordshakermockingjay) Hello! I'm Elizabeth and my favorite books of all time is the hunger games trilogy! Really, I'm obsessed with it. My other favorite books are the book thief, the maze runner, the gone series, harry potter, Artemis fowl, and Percy Jackson. Besides reading, I also love to write. So, that's me (without going into too many details)

message 7: by [deleted user] (last edited Jul 14, 2011 01:47PM) (new)

Hey (: I'm Sami. I'm 14. My favorite book of all time is Nevermore by Kelly Creagh. Such a masterpiece. I basically love any teen romance, either paranormal or realistic (: Reading is a huge part of my life and so is writing! I love writing so you can check out my writing.

message 8: by Kimberleigh (new)

Kimberleigh | 2 comments Hi, I'm Kimberly... I love reading more than is probably healthy, I drink way too much green tea, and my favorite series is Evernight, and my favorite novels are Sea, Divergent, and Heist Society. I also have a nook (Julius :D) and I recommend it because now I'm reading a lot more and it's so much funner! :)

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi, I'm Holly i love reading and apperciate recomendations! Im super excited to be in this group. :)

message 10: by Patrick (new)

Patrick (patrick_castro) @KIMBERLY wasnt divergent a really good book?

message 11: by k. (new)

k. (-kandeekane) | 2 comments Hey, I'm Kandee.:D My favorite book right now would have to be Vixen by Jillian Larkin. I loved it, basically because i love flappers! Reading rocks.:D

message 12: by Kimberleigh (new)

Kimberleigh | 2 comments @Patrick yes, Divergent was an amazing book!!

message 13: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarah_janis) | 1 comments Hey guys,
I'm Sarah. I'm from Brazil. I love everything that jennifer echols puts out. She's my YA favorite author.
I'm not really into paranormal reading but I'm learning to appreciate it

message 14: by Allison (new)

Allison Gilstrap (allison1214) | 1 comments Heyo!
My name is Allison Fruitninja Gilstrap and I'm from the US of A! I read multiple genres of books but I usually don't read the Harry Potter series! I'm trying though! I read allot and I do read paranormal novels, sci fi series (like uglies, hunger games, exc) I am a huge twilight fan and I watch japanese anime as well as read the manga!

message 15: by Patrick (new)

Patrick (patrick_castro) Welcome everyone! :]

message 16: by Six-Fingered Nigel (last edited Jul 17, 2011 01:56PM) (new)

Six-Fingered Nigel Hi I'm Six-Fingered Nigel... but you can call me SFN or anything else if you like :P I'm a teenager (whoo! :D) And I love to Longboard (the skateboard type longboard not the surfboard.)

I love Mortal Instruments, and Cassandra Clare has gotta be one of my fav authors. :) I love The Home School Detective series by John Bibee (I know that's probably doesn't come under YA but I loved them when I was younger).

Favourite food, Pizza and Fajitas! :D

I like some of the Jane Austen type classics and Oliver Twist. I'm currently trying to make my way through Lord of the Rings and I really want to read the Hunger games. I love Percy Jackson as well! :)

I also love to write and I'm currently working on two books (which I really want to publish at some point! :D)

So yeah, that's me. Hi :)

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

I LOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEE fajitas! My mom makes the best (:

Six-Fingered Nigel Dyou eat them with rice in or not?

message 19: by [deleted user] (last edited Jul 17, 2011 02:18PM) (new)

I don't. I tried that once and Mexican Rice didn't want to be my friend...

Six-Fingered Nigel My family always put rice in them (not necessarily Mexican rice) but then I went to several friends' house and they didn't put rice in, so I stopped putting rice in them and preferred it. :D

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

It tastes totally different when it has rice in it. It's weird...

message 22: by Patrick (new)

Patrick (patrick_castro) Eating fajitas as I write this..... There awesome!! :)

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

JEALOUS!! -_-

message 24: by Patrick (new)

Patrick (patrick_castro) lol xD

Six-Fingered Nigel Yeah Sami, know what you mean, it's becomes a whole new thing...

That's not fair I want fajitas! Grr :(

message 26: by Eoin (new)

Eoin | 25 comments Hi!
I'm Eoin and you pronounce my name like Owen. If I don't say that everyone will start calliing me Ein or Eon. I mean, C'mon. anyway I love to read. LIke I am obsessed. I have finieshed 56 books so far this year and my goal is 100. If you want to know anything else just check my profile.

message 27: by Eoin (new)

Eoin | 25 comments Oh! And I just got a NookColor for my birthday. It is amazing. Favorite author is J.K. Rowling and next to her Rick Riordan.

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

Hey Eoin (: I like how your name is spelt. Very unique.

Six-Fingered Nigel I'm in agreement with Sami :)

message 30: by Caitlin Cierra (new)

Caitlin Cierra (caitterbug) | 2 comments Hi, I'm Caitlin. I love to read. Kind of fell off the wagon a little bit this summer, but I'm getting back on. :)
Some of my favorite authors would be Jane Austen, Anna Godbersen, Cassandra Clare, Melissa Marr, etc. I mostly read YA and am trying to get some classics in.
Oh! and I also have a Nook! Great investment.

message 31: by Patrick (new)

Patrick (patrick_castro) Hi everyone!

message 32: by Patrick (new)

Patrick (patrick_castro) Hi Rachael!

message 33: by Patrick (new)

Patrick (patrick_castro) You guys should post up a post on ABC's about you in the Introductions folder!

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

Welcome everyone! Please check out other topics in the Introduction folder!!! :)

message 35: by Mal (new)

Mal (malxox) Hey, I'm Malxox. And before I say anything else I must let you know that I'm absoulty in love with Tom Felton ^-^ Hehe. Okay, anyway, my favorite books by far are the Harry Potter series and the Mortal Instruments series. I can also be pretty random, so... beware. I think that's it :D

message 36: by Patrick (new)

Patrick (patrick_castro) Hi Malxox! Thanks for joining look for the disscusion threads for the Mortal Instruments which where currently reading,so it great for you to discuss!

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

Welcome!!!!!!!!!! Dont worry about being random. We all have our unique personalities here :P

message 38: by Mal (new)

Mal (malxox) Lolz, awesome, I'll invite my cousin... she's insanly random. And I'll check out the MI disscussions thanks :)

message 39: by Patrick (new)

Patrick (patrick_castro) Thanks!

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

:D

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

Hey everybody I'm Courtney ;)

message 42: by Patrick (new)

Patrick (patrick_castro) Hi Courtney you shoulddo an ABC about you its under the intro folder!

message 43: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (turningpages) | 4 comments Hey, my name is Lisa and I'm sixteen years old! I'm addicted to blogging, reading, chocolate and coffee(:
I joined this club a little while back, but I want to become more active!:D

I have a blog called Turning Pages, and I review books for Burn Bright, which is run by Aussie author Marianne De Pierres.

message 44: by Patrick (new)

Patrick (patrick_castro) Thanks,Welcome Lisa!! :)

message 45: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (turningpages) | 4 comments Your Welcome(:
What books are you guys all currently reading? or discussing?

message 46: by Patrick (new)

Patrick (patrick_castro) Deadly Little Secret and City of Ashes and Glass next month we plan to have really active month and dysoptian reads. Please invite all your friends!!

message 47: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (turningpages) | 4 comments I have the whole series, but I still need City of Ashes! Then I can finally read the rest of the series xD

message 48: by Patrick (new)

Patrick (patrick_castro) Once you gget it you can disscus it here!

message 49: by Irene (last edited Aug 15, 2011 04:14PM) (new)

Irene (wingdesilverii) Hi i'm Irene and I count reading as one of my top hobbies. I read both YA and Adult books of just about any genre and listen to a wide range of music. I start school this friday as a 10th grader in high school. If you asked my favorite book I would answer that there are too many to name; but my favorite series of all time is Harry Potter. I will try to stay an active member even with school and it looks like you guys are reading books on my to-read lists. One of my favorite authors is James Patterson (i have more than one). I love to cook and bake,but don't really have a favorite food and have a few favorite hobbies. I hope to habe fun here discussing my fav books and
authors. One last thing, thanks for inviting me Holly :)

message 50: by Patrick (new)

Patrick (patrick_castro) Cool! Welcome to YARC !!! :D

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10