A Tribute to Harry Potter discussion

New members

Comments Showing 1-34 of 34 (34 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nushiiii loves Peeta Mellark ♥1D♥, Harry Potter withdrawal symptoms arghhh (new)

Nushiiii loves Peeta Mellark ♥1D♥ (NushiiiMellark) | 70 comments Mod
Hiiiii everyone, so i just started this group because I'm suffering from really bad
POST-POTER DEPRESSION!

I watched the final movie a couple nights ago and it was so amazing i cant put it into words. So I made this group as a final tribute to Harry Potter, where we can discuss absolutely everything about it and also speculate about the future and and life after potter! We can talk about the charries, the celebrities, the books, plot lines, ANYTHING! :)

So about myself - Well of course Im obsessed with HP. Also I write really lng comments so you will have to put up with me a bit :) My role model is Emma Watson, and I also love Glee and Gossip Girl! Im in love with peeta mellark from the hunger games as well :)

message 2: by drew (new)

drew (drewbeck) Ohmigod! I can't wait for the final movie (seeing it on midnight on thurs/fri). But, at the same time, it's a feeling of regret. I grew up with these movies, and now I will continue without them. . . . For me the hard part before was getting the books and watching the movies. I never ever wanted them to end. But, as the saying goes, all good things must come to an end (not this quickly though!!!!) and, if you love something, set it free (Bye -_-. *tear*), if it's yours it will come back. If not, it was never yours to begin with.

Okay, enough me rambling on about sadness. I loved Draco Malfoy and Luna, and personally, I hated Cho. The celebs, they fit their characters. . . .but, I don't really picture them anyway else! The books are boring in the first few chapters, but then once you get going, you just can't stop! And, the last book was a bit predictable, sorry, but that's my opinion.

I am also obsessed with HP, love reading, writing and art. I love horseback riding, too. We used to own a horse before it. . . . .died. My favorite color is orange, and I love "America's Got Talent" with Piers hating everyone, and I love "Pretty Little Liars". I don't really have a favorite book, but I do have least favorites: "The Hero and the Crown", "Each Little Bird that Sings", and "D.W.E.E.B.s" Anything else about me I really don't care, about---Oh, I have a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge sweet tooth!

message 3: by Nushiiii loves Peeta Mellark ♥1D♥, Harry Potter withdrawal symptoms arghhh (new)

haha HI SOCKKITY! Can I please call you Sock from now on? :) or Kitty?

And I agree with nearly everything (well except the first chapters are boring bit and the dh was predicatble bit). But each to their own :)
Invite all ur friends so this group can be huge!

And the sadness thing, dont worry! I have been talking about sadness and depression for the past two days, nd everyone looks at me wierdly but IDC coz Harry Potter is waaa.... Is.. I..IS ... finished. :( Not finished finished, but just finished.

Miss Silvertongue (misssilvertongue) | 52 comments Well hello everyone! And you Nushi. :D

Well... Harry Potter. What can I say? It's everything. My role model is the wonderfully magnificent J.K Rowling. I love her journey to success (rags to riches, whatever you want to say) and her sheer brilliance which no other author has yet to compete with.

I guess... while watching it for the first time yesterday, I cried throughout the entire movie. Quite literally because I started crying when the WB logo came up. It was undoubtedly perfect; I'm feel a great sense of pride. Minor flaws which don't matter now. Seeing it for the second time today, it made me feel much much better. Because this isn't the end, Harry Potter has no end. I love feeling the excitement and anticipation of a new Potter movie/book etc but the Harry Potter series will never, never fail to excite me.
And like Jo Rowling said, "Whether you come back by the page or by the big screen, Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home."

message 5: by drew (new)

drew (drewbeck) Nushiiii loves Peeta Mellark ♥ wrote: "haha HI SOCKKITY! Can I please call you Sock from now on? :) or Kitty?

And I agree with nearly everything (well except the first chapters are boring bit and the dh was predicatble bit). But each..."

Sure, call me Kitti please! And, for me my adventure is not fully complete. I still have the Universal adventure in Florida to go to, and the Expidition in NYC. After that, I don't know what to do.

Miss Silvertongue, I love that quote. I am always rereading the books, so sometimes, I am there all year. >.<

Miss Silvertongue (misssilvertongue) | 52 comments Florida is on my Potter agenda too! :D But before that there Pottermore (which might go through all 7 books which in that case means it could last a while! Yay!), Harry Potter exhibition in Sydney and then of course, Florida.

message 7: by tallfubar (new)

tallfubar (fallingfromresolution) Sockkitty wrote: "Ohmigod! I can't wait for the final movie (seeing it on midnight on thurs/fri). But, at the same time, it's a feeling of regret. I grew up with these movies, and now I will continue without them. ...."

Yeah, the actors pretty much fit in right... Except for Bill. Ugh.

I'll introduce myself later.

message 8: by Kendall Anne (new)

Kendall Anne (dance4life) | 33 comments Hey I'm Kendall!
I love Harry Potter, and first read the series for myself when my brother forced me to when I was 13. Since then I have read the series twice, and DH three times. I love Ron and Hermione and Luna. I am FREAKING OUT because I'm seeing DH at midnight TONIGHT in like 13 hours.
Besides HP, I love reading, dancing, running, swimming and more! Summmer is my favorite season, and I hate winter. I've been to Hawaii, and I really wan to go to Australia and Sweden. I've also been to the Harry Potter exhibition a few years ago, and it was AMAZING!!
LOL so thats me!!!
=)

message 9: by tallfubar (new)

tallfubar (fallingfromresolution) I live in Australia. :)
It's cool, 'cept in winter it sorta sucks. Because it's coolllddd right now. But sometimes summer makes you melt, and spring and autumn don't seem to exist...

message 10: by Claire (new)

Claire Same where I live :)

I'm Claire, and ever since I first picked up the first harry potter book, I fell in love. Harry Potter isn't a hobby. Its not a favorite pastime. Harry Potter is a lifestyle. I loved Luna, the Weasley Twins, Dobby (WHY?!!) and Dumbledore the most. I was never that fond of ginny to be honest, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE harry!

I live in the United States, my other favorite series are the hunger games (PEETA!) and the mortal instruments (JACE!) My least favorite series are Twilight and The Immortals. The most disturbing book i ever read was The Killer's Cousin by Nicolas Sparks.

I enjoy reading (duh) swimming, music, sleeping, hanging out with friends, and going to Hawaii. (which I will set foot in Monday!!!!!!!! {Go MAUI!})

I dislike anything that requires physical labor, most video games, and anything that rots your brain out.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm Katoptris, but you can call me Kat, Kato, Rissie, Elyse... anything you want.

I was 9 and in 4th grade when I first read Harry Potter. I only read the first 2, and Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets totally freaked me out so I stopped.

I never really picked up a HP book again until the end of 7th grade, when I went on a sudden spree and fell in love, reading the books in 2 weeks.

My favorite HP characters are Snape, Lily, James, Lupin, Luna, and Neville. My favourite Marauder is Moony, and my fave Death Eater is Lucious (what can I say, he has envy-inducing hair! lol). My fave Harry-generation character is Luna, and I ship Lily/James, Harry/Hermione, Lavender/Ron, Luna/Neville, Lupin/Tonks, Cedric/Cho, Bill/Fleur, and Ginny/herself (what can I say, I don't like her all that much.)

I live in Southern California (obviously the USA), and it is scorching hot during these summer days. I love the Percy Jackson series equally to Harry Potter, but the movie was suckish. Harry Potter movies are better, and the contrast is so obvious, you can't even compare them.

I like to read, write, sing, draw (digital and on paper), and basically fangirl about my fave fandoms.

PERCABETH forever, ZUTARA forever, and MARAUDERS forever.

message 12: by tallfubar (new)

tallfubar (fallingfromresolution) Okay, now I'll intro myself.

I'm Isabelle, and one of the first things you might find out about me is that I'm a Weasley lover. FRED, George, Bill and Charlie especially.

I'm also a big marauder fan. http://rohanelf.deviantart.com/art/Ol...

Sirius forever.

I live in Australia, where right now it is freezing cold. Yeah, you might not think so, but it's not always summer here.

I love Fred. Reasons? You really don't need to hear them.

I hate Potty. Here is something that quenched my thirst for humiliation on his part: http://rohanelf.deviantart.com/galler...

I love George too. You can't have Fred without his George, or it'd be 'Fred and' which would sorta suck.

I like doing random stuff, and if I say something scary please don't be scared, I'm probably just high.

Thank you for your cooperation in providence.

Cooper. Cooper -ation.

Miss Silvertongue (misssilvertongue) | 52 comments A Harry Potter fan that doesn't like Harry Potter. Hmm. :) Meh, he's not my favourite character (pisses me off in OOTP) but I still love him. :D
Oh the Marauders are the best! I really wish JKR could write something serious for that era.

message 14: by tallfubar (new)

tallfubar (fallingfromresolution) Yep. I'm a strange one coz I don't like the main characters all that much.

message 15: by Nushiiii loves Peeta Mellark ♥1D♥, Harry Potter withdrawal symptoms arghhh (new)

I reckon there might be a bit more about the maurauders in the POTTERMORE version of the book? Coz she's adding more words...

Ok im gna make some more discussions! And me n Miss Silvertongue are aussie as well :) GO AUSSIE :) Imguessing then that u've alreayd seen the movie? Ok elts discuss it Ill make a topic :)

message 16: by tallfubar (new)

tallfubar (fallingfromresolution) Haven't seen the movie, seeing it soon. :)

Miss Silvertongue (misssilvertongue) | 52 comments MARAUDERS!

Can I just say, do you think of James as a smart, ridiculously good-looking, popular, talented, rich prat that's good with the ladies? Because if so, with that in mind, watching HBP, does Harry seem to act more like his father to you?

message 18: by Nushiiii loves Peeta Mellark ♥1D♥, Harry Potter withdrawal symptoms arghhh (new)

I reckon James had to be way sexier than the guy who was him in HBP! Lol and i never got how they have the same glasses seeing as Harry got those glasses while he was at the Dursleys! that bit never made sense to me...

Miss Silvertongue (misssilvertongue) | 52 comments It's a movie thing. In the book, it said James wore glasses but they never specified what type. And since it said they looked exactly the same except for the eyes and scar, I guess the movie directors just wanted to push that resemblance and make it more obvious by giving him (James) round glasses.

message 20: by Nushiiii loves Peeta Mellark ♥1D♥, Harry Potter withdrawal symptoms arghhh (new)

lol
ah the distinctive round glasses.

Such iconic glasses there will never be. And such an iconic scar there will never be either.

I mean who DOESN'T know the HP scar. Um NO-ONE.

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Hmmmm... It never does say what James' glasses were like, and most fans imagine them to be round.

But I like him having square glasses, like in the fanart that *burge-bug has on deviantART.

Links: http://burdge-bug.deviantart.com/gall... and http://burdge-bug.deviantart.com/gall...

Gods, I love *burdge-bug's art. She also has other HP art, along with some PJO and other fandoms, if you're interested.

Miss Silvertongue (misssilvertongue) | 52 comments You know, I've always liked James having square glasses. Just a little bit different from Harry.

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah.

message 24: by Nushiiii loves Peeta Mellark ♥1D♥, Harry Potter withdrawal symptoms arghhh (new)

But he has round in the movie right???

Yeh I always imagined him with square glasses. It just suites his face for some reason. In DH part 2 at least, I know he has round glasses though. I remember being like hmmmm?

Miss Silvertongue (misssilvertongue) | 52 comments I just thought there wasn't enough interaction between him and James.

message 26: by Nushiiii loves Peeta Mellark ♥1D♥, Harry Potter withdrawal symptoms arghhh (new)

I KNOWWWW!
I thought that was quite stragne actually coz he was talking to lilly like the whole time and james was just standing there! He said like one sentence to james :/ !!! I mean its his father for heaven sakes! Its his dad that he's frikkin been imagining for 10 yrs to meet!

Miss Silvertongue (misssilvertongue) | 52 comments I agree. It was like Sirius and Lily were his parents or something.
But I guess he knew Sirius better and his death hit him harder.

message 28: by Nushiiii loves Peeta Mellark ♥1D♥, Harry Potter withdrawal symptoms arghhh (new)

Yeh :'( Probably that is why but i mean Harry has been wanting this his whole life. He has NEVER spoken to his dad yet his dad is his idol, his dream, his PATRONUS took on his dad's patronus. I mean, I dont think he would waste this once in a life time chance to speak with him! lol well whatever the movie was amazing anyway! :)

message 29: by tallfubar (new)

tallfubar (fallingfromresolution) Lawl.

message 30: by Gemini (new)

Gemini (Sasukesgirl527) i needs to c all o da 7th one... DX

ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱ (charlie_awesome) Hi I'm Charlotte and I'm glad I found a group the is not big on the roleplaying. It confuses me. I live in the US. My favorite of the "three" would be herminoe. Definaltley.

message 32: by tallfubar (new)

tallfubar (fallingfromresolution) ;) Yep. Hermione for the win. Potter is too overrated and though I love Ron he's just too thick. But if you add others into the mix... Fred and George.

message 34: by tallfubar (new)

tallfubar (fallingfromresolution) YUS.