Kenyons Minions discussion

Chronicles of Nick > Mad Confusion regarding Nick(spoilers)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 57 (57 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay (medikatedzombie) | 1 comments O.k. I am 100% confused about Nick.
We get his story first in the Dark Hunters novel's, and that's fine and dandy. Then he get's his own series when he's a teenager, that's fine too. Here comes the problem's:Certain event's are wrong in the Chronicles of Nick series. It states in the Dark Hunter world right before Nick slept with Simi and all that drama happened that sealed Nick's horrible fate, he had never meet Simi before.
But in The Chronicles of Nick he meets Simi.
Also I'm guessing adult Nick time warped back to his teenage self to help him out and help him develop his powers. Is Nick's past changing?
That chick he likes in The Chronicles of Nick(can't remember her name) wasn't in his past right?She's s new character, new to his past.
So can Nick's future be changed or is it set in stone? Will he sleep with Simi since he technically knows her now? Can he prevent his mothers death? Or is everything set in stone? Has the author stated anything about the discrepancies? Was it an error? I'm confused about this because I really want to know if these issues have been addressed.

message 2: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments Hi Lindsay,

I look at the CON world as a version of a sort of "ideal" alternate reality that adult Nick thought he wanted. Meaning that since he originally never knew about Simi before in the DH book and actual world, and she sort of led to the crumble of his and Ash's relationship. I think he wanted to arm his youngerself with knowledge of her so he some how or other used his powers so that his teen self could meet her earlier and that his adult self can tell him to keep his hands off her.

Also do to adult Nick using his Malachai paowers and meddled in his own life this much and affected change not just for himself. But for others in his world. And also led to other people noticing and bringing about their own motives. Such as Nekoda, the other bad guys in book 2.

So in general I won't say that these are NOT discrepancies at all from SK. She has just created a alternate world on top of the world that we once knew. And it is through adult Nick's eyes and actions that we are seeing things we don't really like and confuse us. And to be further more honest with ya, ever since Nick slept with Simi, I believe his future was forever altered there after. Not sure if you read up to Devil May Cry but Ash admitted some things about Nick and where his future was headed a different direction after that anyway.

Side note, I don't think any characters future is all that set in stone. As present day actions are always altering the courses of ones future for the better or worse. So don't lose faith in SK, she isn't off her rocker. Just doing something so highly evolved that I don't think most of us can't catch up with it just yet when reading the books. But afterward when you step back you can see it.

message 3: by Denise (new)

Denise (justplainme) I think the adult Nick has gone back in time trying to change his past. I think he is trying to alter everything starting from the time he met Ash. It must be working, as you can tell from the couple of comments in No Mercy. Don't want to say more, because of spoilers.

message 4: by Zaanodes (new)

Zaanodes | 21 comments Denise wrote: "Don't want to say more, because of spoilers."

Oh, spoil away! Just use the spoiler tag so the ones that don't want to know, won't have to see it.

Or PM me...

Inquiring minds want to KNOW!! (It has been a long time since I read these books and I have forgotten a lot)

message 5: by AlbertaJenn (new)

AlbertaJenn In the introduction of Inifinity, SK says that CON is the real and true history of events. Which means that someone or something must have changed things for them to end up the way they did. That is still a mystery. But, according to SK, CON is what happened, and events mentioned/happened in the early DH is what everyone thinks happened.

That is all I know, as it is as much of a mystery to everyone else!

message 6: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments Then I hold to what I said. As both are alternate possibilities of the same world. And obviously both have come to fruition in one way or another. But we won't really know the nitty gritty of it til we keep reading.

message 7: by AlbertaJenn (new)

AlbertaJenn Now, the question is, who or what is undoing Nick's mucking around?

message 8: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments Probably himself. After all absolute power corrupts absolutely.

message 9: by AlbertaJenn (new)

AlbertaJenn You think teen Nick realizes what his adult self has done and undoes it? Could work.

As Ash says, "Just because you can..."

message 10: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments Thus far his teen self hasn't pieced it together just yet. But I think after seeing that they have that same scar on their hands, he goes about trying to make a change. Although that would be an ultimate battle of wills for sure.

Exactly. But for Nick for the time being he is just absolutely pissed and really digging the dark side. So he DID, because he COULD, and didn't give a rat's patooty for those that told him he SHOULDN't.

message 11: by Adoore (new)

Adoore | 219 comments I have fallen in love with CON and I absolutely love the bits of the future we get to read about. Spoilers ***** So we read that Nick is going to the past in order to change it and he believes it is okay because in his eyes he just wants to save everyone. But we also know that Ash is not around because he also tried to go to the past to change something. It just sound interesting and I did not remember reading that what happens in CON are going to be the actual events. So what does this mean?

message 12: by Tara (new)

Tara | 142 comments If I'm recalling correctly the adult Nick in CON is from a future beyond the current time line in the DH world. So stuff that we don't yet know about has happened and Nick is trying to correct all of it. If he succeeds, he will change the events as we know them. The last book of CON will directly feed in to Nick's book in the DH. I also think if things go right, the future Nick from CON won't ever exist in DH. (Time jumping gets so confusing!)

I think there are supposed to be 10, maybe 12 CON books. I can't remember now, But I suspect Nick's book will be a combination similar to Acheron with a little Bad Moon Rising thrown in. What I mean is it will be that sort of lengthy two part type of book (like Acheron). And the first part will revisit important Nick DH moments that we have already seen, (like in BMR) except that now they are different because of what he set in motion in CON. I think the second part will then be Nick's current story with his HEA. I like to believe that somehow with all his past fiddling, he saves Tabitha's sister- the one that was supposed to be his HEA to begin with- and they will get together.

message 13: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments That would be great if he did that Tara. However I'll admit even *I* never dreamed he would go back that far as even HE didn't know he was to end up with her. Either way can't wait to read and find out.

message 14: by Tara (new)

Tara | 142 comments I don't know that saving her will be intentional, if it happens. She did die the same night as he did, so by changing the events that led to his death it could change hers as well. Plus, obviously, their fates are somehow tied together.I think it's significant that they died the same day. Since they were destined to be together then because of a slip by Ash Nick killed himself, she could have just been destined for someone else, or ended up alone. I like to believe little nuggets of information like that aren't thrown out there for no reason. And that family is very heavily involved in the DH lore. I'm just thinking...

message 15: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments Oh I know what you mean. As when I first read saying that part to Katra. I figured that since Ash changed Nick's fate that she would end up changing as well as they were that connected. Ash did point that out to us before too when he didn't go with that chick the night he talked to Cael. As he knew that woman's destiny and new one small change could change things for the world. So yea change Nick's fate, change that of another person and another and so on. And your right family is heavily invovled and important in the DH world so could mean quite a bit. I always wondered though why SK never considered bringing the Peltiers and Amanda and Tabby's families together. Be too powerful? No destined fate? Or what?

message 16: by Tara (new)

Tara | 142 comments You know, since we were talking about it I went to SK's website to see what it said about Tia in the character pages and guess what? Under her "Stats" it says her main series is CON. So I guess we'll be seeing her at least...

message 17: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments Hmm, that is interesting. They are updating that site like daily. I totally missed that.

message 18: by Eva (new)

Eva | 90 comments Has the last installement of CON, Infamous been released yet? the ebook is already available...whats up with that???

message 19: by Adoore (new)

Adoore | 219 comments its available for pre-order.

message 20: by Eva (new)

Eva | 90 comments AAAhhh...that makes me feel a little better, I thought there was someone out there already reading it.
Btw what is the general consensus anout the CON? I thought it was great but then again i think all SK's books are great(so i may be a little biased)

message 21: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments I like CON, but I guess that is because I have always been able to relate to Nick from day one. So seeing him as a teen doesn't change that for me really. And I actually like the different twist and glad that his books aren't as romancey as most YA books out there lately. So reminds me of the YA books I used to read when I was actually a teen.

message 22: by Adoore (new)

Adoore | 219 comments I love the CON series it gives us an insight into what is happening in the far future. It is interesting to read about Nick and his teen years he has always been an interesting character. I really want to find out who he ends up with. I love Artie so I am fine with her being his HEA but I am not sure if she is. We learn so much in the CON books we know Artie, Savitar, and others are still around in the future and we know something happens to Ash because he tries to change the past. I am fine with the lack of romancey in the CON books because the story is just that good that I really don't miss it. Can't wait till the next installment that is right around the corner.

message 23: by Liz Barrons-Kattalakis-Quiakides-Tehrror (last edited Dec 29, 2011 05:44PM) (new)

Liz Barrons-Kattalakis-Quiakides-Tehrror | 351 comments I like the CON books OK, they're lots of fun to read and I REALLY want to know were Nekoda comes from... does anybody know? !!!!!

The thing that makes me sad is that "Ambrose" from CON is so far in the future, that it means that Nick doesn't get his HEA, otherwise he did not have any motive go go back to his old self to change his future, even if it was to save Cherise, if he had found his HEA she would have help him heal, cope with His mom's death and enjoy to love and being love... :( So o HEA for poor Nick, otherwise the'll be no CON series.

message 24: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments Well the CON books will eventually wrap up after some more books. And SK said Nick will give him an adult book too. So his HEA will be around. Neokada in my opinion is another outside force drawn to him do to him changing things even if they are far into the future.

message 25: by Eva (new)

Eva | 90 comments about Nekoda, in the series she says shes trying to save her brothers thats why she has to kill the malachai, I think her brothers are Jaden and Jared?? maybe...

message 26: by Adoore (new)

Adoore | 219 comments Remember we are also told that the Malachai is evil so even if he has his HEA Ambrose will be fighting his evil side constantly. We also know that one of the brothers I am not sure which one is the one that can defeat the Malachai is also gone because it is mentioned that the only person that can stop him is gone.

Nekoda being sister to Jaden and Jared is interesting.

message 27: by Tempi (new)

Tempi | 234 comments Oh I like the CON series...really. It's fun and cute. I love Grimm and the POV is interesting. I'm interested in Adarian and I'm sure we'll learn more about him in the CON series. Nekoda is also a cool character and there is definitely a link between her and Jared/Jaden. SK did promise to shed some light on the Malachai/Sephrii thing and I'm quite sure she will keep her promise. There is alot we don't know so I think there's alot to look out for.

Liz Barrons-Kattalakis-Quiakides-Tehrror | 351 comments Eva wrote: "about Nekoda, in the series she says shes trying to save her brothers thats why she has to kill the malachai, I think her brothers are Jaden and Jared?? maybe..."

Cool... Thanks!!!!

message 29: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments Yea could be the case of Jared and Jaden being her brothers. As she is more or less a watcher to make sure the malachaii doesn't go too far out of hand before her side has to step in so to speak. But we won't know for sure til all is said and done.

message 30: by Eva (new)

Eva | 90 comments I'm in the process of rereading the first two of the CON series looking for anything i may have missed that could shed light on whats coming in the third of the series.
ps: Happy New Year to all

message 31: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments I think in general it is good to take notes so we don't confuse ourselves too much.

message 32: by Adoore (new)

Adoore | 219 comments Happy New Year to all!!

message 33: by Eva (new)

Eva | 90 comments Okay, i have a serious question. Nekoda is the love/crush of young Nick but it obviously doesnot translate into grown up Nicks life coz he doesnot know her; or maybe she is and this whole Ambrose coming back to save himself stint was erased from both Nicks memories, If Ambrose succeds then the history and the future will be altered and none of the DHs we know and love will have the same lives...right. someone pls enlighten me or correct me. And Dhfan ur idea of taking notes doesnt help much not when im so confused to begin with

message 34: by Adoore (new)

Adoore | 219 comments On the website it says that she is not what people think she is. It is interesting but I think the main changes have to do with Nick only he is trying not to change anyone else's. I am also a bit confused but I am so much into it.

message 35: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments I was mostly kidding about the taking notes thing Eva. But seriously best one can learn anything further is by reading and finding out like the rest of us and checking out SK's site/twitter and maybe even Facebook places too. As she gives out snippets about characters and stuff sometimes so I hear.

But that aside, I think in the first or second book it did say do to the changes future Nick is making it is drawing all kinds of unknown characters out of the wood work. Cause of the fact that he is changing his own destiny which is in turned tied to other events. How that translates over to the main series not quite sure yet. And don't think we will know til more books come through. Til the last book ends and the main series supposed to pick up. Beyond that have nothing for ya.

message 36: by Eva (new)

Eva | 90 comments Hey, U know from what I've read from thr first two of the CON series, this isnt the first attempt of Nicks to change his past...soooo dont all the earlier attempts have consequences?

message 37: by Tempi (new)

Tempi | 234 comments Probably but this all happens in the very distant future. He has to be atleast a few hunderd years old ,IMO, to be so powerful that not even Savitar can scare him. And time travel is part of his powers he probably aquired later on his life. And there is more to it than just saving his mother. He's trying to prevent some apocalyptic-end of the world stuff...how Dr. Who-vishly of him lol

message 38: by Adoore (new)

Adoore | 219 comments I believe Savitar actually mentions thousands of years so it is way way in the future. We also know something happened to Ash he is no longer around because he went into the past to change someone's future. I love the chapters we get a glimpse into the future we know this huge fight is suppose to break out but we also know that the one that can defeat the Malachai is also gone so I am so looking forward to the next Con book. I love it when books make stop and go wow what is going on here and I have not had that for a while now.

message 39: by Eva (new)

Eva | 90 comments Yes that would make sense, I think. Oooohhh! but its killing me the suspence of 'what next!'

message 40: by Emily (new)

Emily | 38 comments I don't like this time stuff that she is doing. Seriously.I just want to finish the series. It doesn't make sense to do this with Nick/Ambrose. Wouldn't the world be ended if Ash was gone? Where the hell did he go? Wouldn't Nick's meddling of the past change the future of his friends and their HEA's?? I refused to start the Nick stories until they are all out.........

message 41: by Eva (new)

Eva | 90 comments I agree with u Emily,its very confusing and I too wonder what impact Nicks meddling will have on the DH's and thier HEA's but from what I've understood from the CON is that all the past meddling is forfiet becauce Nick didnt successed( I think) and so this is also one more attempmt to redeem himself...

message 42: by Adoore (new)

Adoore | 219 comments I was thinking about everything and Nick met Simi in the past now that he is changing things so does that eliminate them having sex and does that change when and why Nick becomes a dark-hunter. So he is causing a change. Now the question is when does Ash curse him and why since Simi should not be the case anymore?

message 43: by Eva (new)

Eva | 90 comments Exactly! he has no reason to become a DH, but him bieng a Malachai is still the same, and again his hatred of Ash wont be there(he hated Ash becauce Ash cursed him and his mom died) but now that there is no sticky situation with simi he wont hate Ash...right???

message 44: by Adoore (new)

Adoore | 219 comments I agree but remember somethings are meant to happen so they just happen in a different way. Nick for some reason still becomes a DH because he is still with Artie. He still hates Ash remember that what Ash says can't be undone so no matter what happens he has to kill himself I would say what is different now is why he kills himself. It is getting confusing.

message 45: by Eva (new)

Eva | 90 comments Hey, I was rereading some of the older DH books and something piqued my intrest; right at the end od Dream Warrior(Jericho & Delphine) Jared asks M'doc if anyone else knows that he(M'doc) is related to Nick!!! WTF is THAT about?

message 46: by Denise (new)

Denise (justplainme) Eva, Dinique - one word for you, Infamous.

message 47: by Shari-amor, Doll Cake (new)

Shari-amor | 5275 comments yes yes if you want further info on that Denise is right. You should definately read infamous! :-)

message 48: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments That's why I can't wait to read this book.

message 49: by Eva (new)

Eva | 90 comments Damn! It will take me a while yet to get my hands on that book. I cant wait to see how SK explains that!

message 50: by Eva (new)

Eva | 90 comments Does anybody want to play spoiler regarding that...or would that be too anticlimatic

« previous 1