The Sword and Laser discussion

A Dance with Dragons (A Song of Ice and Fire, #5)
This topic is about A Dance with Dragons
2011 Reads > ADWD: Favorite location?

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Brad Theado | 217 comments I look forward to the scenes from the Wall the most. What's yours?

Joanna The Free Cities, I've been looking forward to reading more about them for a good while. And I am hoping for a taste of Valyria, the enigmatic mentions of its doom, ruins and demons are fueling my curiosity. Essentially anything east of Dorne :)

I do hope that at some stage (though probably not in this book) we'll get to see the far East, I want to know more about Asshai by the Shadow!

message 3: by toria (vikz writes) (last edited Jul 14, 2011 02:46AM) (new) - added it

toria (vikz writes) (victoriavikzwrites) The wall and what's behind it

Nicolai (nemoi) | 47 comments I am completely the opposite. I am currently about 25 % in and a bit annoyed by the world expanding. I really love the parts about the wall, but hope Martin doesn't feel the need to flesh out all the other parts of his world outside of Westeros.

toria (vikz writes) (victoriavikzwrites) Nicolai wrote: "I am completely the opposite. I am currently about 25 % in and a bit annoyed by the world expanding. I really love the parts about the wall, but hope Martin doesn't feel the need to flesh out all t..."

I like Bran (view spoiler)

Brad Theado | 217 comments The whole "I'm off to see Daenerys!" is getting old, I wish they would just follow the yellow brick road and get there in so many of the chapters.

toria (vikz writes) (victoriavikzwrites) Brad wrote: "The whole "I'm off to see Daenerys!" is getting old, I wish they would just follow the yellow brick road and get there in so many of the chapters."

Maybe you should hire one of her dragons ;)

Will (longklaw) | 261 comments I'm enjoying the Tyrion scenes the most.

Keith Kelly (nedkelly) | 79 comments Joanna wrote: "The Free Cities, I've been looking forward to reading more about them for a good while. And I am hoping for a taste of Valyria, the enigmatic mentions of its doom, ruins and demons are fueling my c..."

Yeah I gotta say...I'm finding the free cities more and more interesting. Thats not to say I'm not looking forward to Daenerys coming back to Westeros and kicking ass!!!

message 10: by Curt (new) - added it

Curt Taylor (meegeek) | 107 comments Another vote for the Free Cities here. But I am also very curious about Oldtown and Dorne.