The Next Best Book Club discussion

Newbies Corner > Hello from Georgia!

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Monica (new)

Monica (haydemon) | 1 comments I just joined this--what appears to be--a lively and interesting group. I think I fit the description on the group's profile, in that I can NEVER pass a bookstore without going inside, very seldom do I ever LEAVE a bookstore without walking out with AT LEAST one book under my arm (paid for, of course), and I have MORE BOOKS in my house than I have shelf space for. I'm literally--pun intended--bursting at the seams, but I wouldn't have it any other way. I have lately kept up with my reading by listening to books on tape while I commute. This has been a great way to stay in touch with the literary world--a kind of pleasant multi-tasking, if you will. Having said that, I feel nothing can replace the sensory experience of holding a book in one's hands, smelling its pages, and knowing that it will be there for you no matter what. Anyway, thanks for the opportunity to share.

message 2: by Sherry (new)

Sherry Ahhh another page smeller! You are in very good company as there are many of us in the group(even a book licker though he claims there was cheese involved and that it was all on the up and up... :).Let me be the first to say hi and welcome to the group.

message 3: by Tisha (last edited Sep 24, 2008 01:01PM) (new)

Tisha the smell of a book tells its only mini-story. New, Library, old??

WELCOME!

message 4: by Krista (new)

Krista (findyourshimmy) | 382 comments Welcome! You are among kindred spirits... I, too, am unable to pass a book store without going in and very, very, very rarely (mostly never) leave without at least one purchase. Of late, I seem to be purchasing in threes.

Can't wait to hear more from you on the message boards.

message 5: by Laura (last edited Sep 24, 2008 05:53PM) (new)

Laura (apenandzen) It was such a relief when I found out I'm not the ONLY book smeller in the world! (I try not to do it in public - people give me the weirdest looks!)

SNIFF

SNIFF

AAAAHHHHHHHHH!

ahem....Welcome to the club, Monica!

message 6: by Kathy (new)

Kathy  (readr4ever) | 510 comments I think that there are quite a few of us book sniffers in this group. I have embarrassed my kids more than once by smelling books in a bookstore. Now they are grown and I can sniff all I want without any negative feedback. Ahh!

message 7: by Lisa Julianna (new)

Lisa Julianna (lisajulianna) | 1053 comments Welcome...I can't walk by a bookstore with out going in either. I have books on all my shelves you would think that I would just say to myself no more buying till you read what is on your shelf. LOL
Glad you are here!

message 8: by Katie (new)

Katie (hockeygoddess) | 257 comments Welcome to the fun! As you can see by the comments above, you already fit in fabulously:) Happy reading!!

message 9: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 10095 comments Mod
Hello and welcome. You are in GREAT company.
My most recent book sniffing experience was the other day when I was purchasing American Psycho from the savlo... it looked a little too 'used' and yellowed and i took a whiff to make sure it wasnt stained with something foul smelling.

message 10: by Jeane (new)

Jeane | 4891 comments Enjoy Monica! Isn't that description on the profile page great???!! It was like someone was writing about me when I read it! And then I found so many other delightfully crazy addictive once around..... :-)