just for kicks book addicts club discussion

YA series > hungar games

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea Northrop (chelserz) | 186 comments Mod
I personally love this series and its a easy read. the first book was my favorote loved the twists and truns of it all. will love to hear what you guys have to say about it. whats your likes and dislikes about the books?

message 2: by Taylor (new)

Taylor Simons | 143 comments Mod
What did you guys think of the series?

The Hunger Games(Book 1)
I personally liked this book out of all three. I loved how Katniss took her sister's place. I also felt bad for Prim because she had to give Katniss up to help her mother and Katniss had to promise to come back. Gale I was worried about at first but as the book went on I knew Gale and Katniss would never have a future together. Gale seemed....to perfect for Katniss. In my view anyways. Haymitch could have been a little less drunk. That would have been nice. I was happy that Katniss and Peeta made it out of the games alive. What they did to get there was shocking. I wasn't really looking forward to Peeta or Katniss dying. I was hoping they both were alive. I'm glad they did.

Catching Fire(Book 2)
This book was surprising. I wasn't really expecting Peeta and Katniss to really ignore each other. Then finding out that she had to marry Peeta otherwise Snow would kill her was tough. I know things were a little tough in the book but it would have been nice to actually see Peeta and Katniss together more. When they had to go back into games I was shocked. Why would they send them back. I felt so bad for Katniss because not only did she lose Peeta after she had shattered the protective wall, she had also lost her home.

Mockingjay(Book 3)
This book was not really one of my favorites. It was bit...too depressing. I think Katniss should have been a little bit more happy. I know she had to go through a tough time. The thing that was very confusing is why the book seemed rushed. It would have been nice to know how Peeta recovered and how he got to be with Katniss in the end with their kids. It would have been to know.

message 3: by Chelsea (new)

i was really sad when Prim was killed she was one of my favorites and it was unexpected also. i didnt like how gales and Katniss friendship ended in the end

message 4: by Taylor (new)

I knew from the beginning that Gale and Katniss weren't going to last very long. If you actually really paid attention to the book it gave clues to how the book was going to end. I knew she wasn't going to be with Gale from the very beginning. The whole games thing with Peeta and Katniss being in love had nothing to do with it.

message 5: by Chelsea (new)

yeah i know but still just because they couldnt be together love wise it would of been nice if they kept there friendship or at least got gale hooked up with someone

message 6: by Taylor (new)

Yeah that was the only thing that would have been nice to add in Mockingjay. It focused way to much on Katniss. She was also so blah in the book it kind of made me want to put the book away. It was either had Gale more into it or actually had the parts on how Peeta recovered. It still makes me wonder on how Peeta all of sudden was good again and had kids with Katniss.

message 7: by Chelsea (new)

I think it would of been pretty cool if they wouldnt of just did it on katnisses point of view it would of been niice to also see it from peetas and gales.I was also pretty crazy about Rue in the 1st book, it actually made me cry when she got killed off.

message 8: by Taylor (new)

Yeah that is why I hope Midnight Sun comes out. It's suppose to be in Edward's view instead of Bella's. It would be cool to have some more books for the hunger games but in Gale's or Peeta's view. I would kind of say Peeta's view because he is involved in the games while Gale just sits back and works all the time.

message 9: by Chelsea (new)

who knows maybe they will someday come out with a book with there children and growing up with parents who were in the games. that would be something

message 10: by Taylor (new)

It would. I guess all we can do is sit and wait lol

message 11: by Taylor (new)

Guess what I found:

Hunger Games: Katniss and Rue

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_jw3z...

Hunger Games: Katniss and Peeta

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDoJQI...

message 12: by Taylor (new)

message 13: by Chelsea (new)

wow awesome!!!

message 14: by Taylor (new)

Yeah ^^ I can't wait til March 23rd for it to come out.

message 15: by Chelsea (new)

yeah ik u should go with me :), maybe we can get a group of us to go see it together

message 16: by Taylor (new)

Yeah and I hope Diener will be back :'( I want him to come with.
Here are all the songs that will be in the Hunger Games

Rue's Lullaby
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCmoAu...

The Hanging Tree
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cc-91Y...

Let's Not Play Pretend
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nT7Vbm...

Kiss or Kill
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYUOEI...

Was It Just a Game?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDuob1...

message 17: by Chelsea (new)

XD im soo excited!!!

message 18: by Taylor (new)

I KNOW!!!! I can't wait til it comes out. I want to see it like right now lol

message 19: by Chelsea (new)

i cant wait to seee the freaking movie its not coming out fast enough....i wanna c it on the first day it comes out

message 20: by Taylor (new)

I know. I so want to see it soooo badly. March isn't coming fast enough.

message 21: by Chelsea (new)

RIGHT!!!!!! ahhhh. gonna be amazing!

message 22: by Taylor (new)

I know!! Especially with the parts I have already seen I just want the movie out now.

message 23: by Chelsea (new)

me toooo.

message 24: by Chelsea (new)

they showed the movie trailor on good morning america this morning!!!

message 25: by Taylor (new)

Yeah I seen it

message 27: by Taylor (new)

Yeah I seen that when I went and watched Breaking Dawn. Honestly if I could time travel I so would just to see that movie lol.