Jane Eyre Jane Eyre discussion

Chapters 7-10

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Johanna Fernandez "Such is the imperfect nature of man! Such spots are there on the disc of the clearest planet; and eyes like "Miss Scatcherd's" can only see those minute defects, and are blind to the full brightness of the orb." (Ch 7 pg 96)
I really liked this passage. It is something that is reality in our present daily lives.

Johanna Fernandez Not right to pre-judge Jane and speak of her of what she is not. Jane wanted a chance to be happy and start over, despite the fact that Lowood was a horrible place to live because of the amenities, but she would've still been happy to be there. Now Mr. Brockelhurst ruined that for her... or did he?

Amanda Stephan I think Mr. Brocklehurst helped Jane in many ways. She saw the hypocrisy of the way he treated the schoolgirls compared to his family's lavish lifestyle (clothing & actions) and she was able to see what she didn't want to be like. That's just one thought.

I love this book!

Johanna Fernandez Amanda wrote: "I think Mr. Brocklehurst helped Jane in many ways. She saw the hypocrisy of the way he treated the schoolgirls compared to his family's lavish lifestyle (clothing & actions) and she was able to see..."

I would have to agree =) Sometimes, we see how other people are and take what we do and do not like. Good point!
I'm loving this book, too!

The Romance Bookie I really enjoyed this book, more than Charlotte's sisters "Wuthering Heights" (just because I personally didn't like the love story between Heathcliffe and Catherine, I thought it was depressing!), but this one was so sweet!

It's definitely my favorite novel from the 1800s that I've read so far :)

http://romancebookie.blogspot.com/

message 6: by Lucho (new) - added it

Lucho seriously you guyz enjoyed this book ? i dnt knw but you guyz shud maybe try some african books very good like the river between by chinua achebe just incase

Kressel Housman The Romance Bookie wrote: "I really enjoyed this book, more than Charlotte's sisters "Wuthering Heights" (just because I personally didn't like the love story between Heathcliffe and Catherine, I thought it was depressing!),..."

I totally agree about Catherine and Heathcliff. They were both so selfish, who could root for them?

The Romance Bookie Kressel wrote: "The Romance Bookie wrote: "I really enjoyed this book, more than Charlotte's sisters "Wuthering Heights" (just because I personally didn't like the love story between Heathcliffe and Catherine, I t..."

Oh thank goodness someone agrees!! Haha everyone I have told this to, they seem to get offended, because it's such a classic "Love story", I just want to ask them "What is your definition of a love story??"

Melia Johanna wrote: "Not right to pre-judge Jane and speak of her of what she is not. Jane wanted a chance to be happy and start over, despite the fact that Lowood was a horrible place to live because of the amenities,..."

Mr. Brockelhurst also helped Jane because of his accusations. Jane was forced to defend herself to Miss Temple, and in doing so she discovered that controlling her passionate responses to situations and keeping the sensational out of her stories made them more believable. It was an introduction to control for her. Jane is a very passionate character, and we watch her grow through the book in being able to outwardly control her actions. She learns to think before speaking and acting.