Romance Audiobooks discussion

Archives > Favorite Romance Audiobook Poll Results at SOA!

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brenda (new)

Brenda Audiobooks Only | 631 comments The latest Speaking of Audiobooks Column is up. Enjoy the in depth look at the Favorite Romance Audiobook Poll Results!

http://www.likesbooks.com/blog/?p=6718

message 2: by D.G. (new)

D.G. | 1329 comments Interesting results!

I've yet to listen to anything by Anna Fields so given all the praise she got with the Chicago Stars series, I'm thinking of listening all the books. I've read some of them out of order but if the series is that good, I may enjoy it more starting from the beginning. :)

message 3: by Lupdilup (new)

Lupdilup | 39 comments Wow! I concurred!, I love all the Outlander audiobooks, and what can I say about SEP's romantic comedy and the extraordinary job performed by Anna Fields (I sorely miss her).. just perfect.

Lea's Audiobooks Hensley (leahensleysaudiobooks) D.G. ~Vile Temptress~ wrote: "Interesting results!

I've yet to listen to anything by Anna Fields so given all the praise she got with the Chicago Stars series, I'm thinking of listening all the books. I've read some of them ou..."

You lucky, lucky person - all those yet-to-be-listened to SEPs! I'd start with the first in the series, It Had to Be You and work through in order for the best experience. This Heart of Mine and on are better books if you have listened to It Had to Be You.

Other SEP books vary in style. Lady Be Good, First Lady, etc differ from the Chicago Stars. Kiss an Angel, Ain't She Sweet, and Breathing Room are all stand-alones that worked well for me (especially KaA). Enjoy!

message 5: by comfort (new)

comfort | 42 comments I am so envious that you still have all that great listening to do. Anna Fields just fantastic. SEP a truly great story teller with such snarky heroines. Makes me want to go back and do 'em all over again.

message 6: by paula (last edited Jul 15, 2011 10:12PM) (new)

paula (paula_) | 212 comments Trying a few from the audiobook poll results next. Carnal Innocence & Just the Sexiest Man Alive.

Lea's Audiobooks Hensley (leahensleysaudiobooks) I loved both of those books. Or rather, I loved Tucker Longstreet in CI and loved JtSMA all the way around. Please let us know how it goes.

message 8: by paula (new)

paula (paula_) | 212 comments Lea's Audiobooks wrote: "I loved both of those books. Or rather, I loved Tucker Longstreet in CI and loved JtSMA all the way around. Please let us know how it goes."

Good to hear! Just curious about Carnal Innocence though, I read in some of the reviews that it is really more suspence than romance. Did you find this to be true?

Lea's Audiobooks Hensley (leahensleysaudiobooks) Paula wrote: "Lea's Audiobooks wrote: "I loved both of those books. Or rather, I loved Tucker Longstreet in CI and loved JtSMA all the way around. Please let us know how it goes."

Good to hear! Just curious ..."

Yes, that's why I concentrated on Tucker. He provided my romance fix.

message 10: by D.G. (new)

D.G. | 1329 comments I just got Welcome to Temptation and put myself in the waiting list for Bet Me.

I don't think I've ever read Jennifer Crusie.

message 11: by Lea's Audiobooks (new)

Lea's Audiobooks Hensley (leahensleysaudiobooks) D.G. ~Vile Temptress~ wrote: "I just got Welcome to Temptation and put myself in the waiting list for Bet Me.

I don't think I've ever read Jennifer Crusie."

Crusie writes with a lot of "He saids" and "She saids" and it is sometimes hard for an audio listener to ignore. If you go in knowing it and determine to block it from your mind, I think you will enjoy her stories immensely.

message 12: by D.G. (last edited Jul 16, 2011 06:03AM) (new)

D.G. | 1329 comments Thanks for letting me know, Leea! Let's see if I can ignore that. :)

message 13: by Diane (new)

Diane Mason | 129 comments I'm having trouble finding the unabridged version of Carnal Innocence. Even checked my library but they didn't have it and I ended up with Divine Evil. *sigh*

message 14: by paula (new)

paula (paula_) | 212 comments Diane wrote: "I'm having trouble finding the unabridged version of Carnal Innocence. Even checked my library but they didn't have it and I ended up with Divine Evil. *sigh*"

I'm running into the same problem. Was going to read the abridged version, but think I will wait until I can locate the unabridged.

message 15: by D.G. (new)

D.G. | 1329 comments I think it says in the poll that the audiobook is difficult to find...

BTW...I listened to my first Anna Fields. It was wonderful! I liked the story the first time I read it but I just loved the audio!

message 16: by Lea's Audiobooks (new)

Lea's Audiobooks Hensley (leahensleysaudiobooks) D.G. ~Vile Temptress~ wrote: "I think it says in the poll that the audiobook is difficult to find...

BTW...I listened to my first Anna Fields. It was wonderful! I liked the story the first time I read it but I just loved the a..."

Which one did you end up choosing?

message 17: by D.G. (new)

D.G. | 1329 comments I started with the first one It Had to Be You.

I forgot how great this book was...

message 18: by Lea's Audiobooks (last edited Jul 18, 2011 02:27PM) (new)

Lea's Audiobooks Hensley (leahensleysaudiobooks) My favorite! I voted for this one as my favorite contemporary in our poll.

Although I must add that I have many favorites by SEP that are narrated by Anna Fields. This one still rates as number one of those favorites.