Language & Grammar discussion

Word Games > Iphone word games

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jen (last edited Jul 13, 2011 09:03AM) (new)

Jen | 1 comments So there are a couple of good word games on the iphone, words with friends, moxie etc, came across this also which looks pretty cool.

youtube.com/watch?v=ulK5Wxnd-zo

If ( Thanks Ruth ) you have an iphone what word games do you play?

message 2: by Ruth (new)

Ruth | 15767 comments Mod
I have an Iphone?

message 3: by Gail (last edited Jul 13, 2011 10:40AM) (new)

Gail | 9 comments words with friends, hanging with friends, moxie, iassociate2, beworded, abble dabble, hangman,textropolis. That new one looks fun!

message 4: by Ken (new)

Ken | 18313 comments Mod
iPhoneless

message 5: by Susan (new)

Susan iPad about, instead.

message 6: by Debbie, sardonic princess of cheerfulness (new)

Debbie (sardonicprincessofcheerfulness) | 6387 comments Mod
iPhone and iPad-less.....

message 7: by Carol (new)

Carol | 10390 comments http://www.games.com/game/texttwist/

http://www.games.com/game/texttwist-2/

http://www.games.com/game/the-book-of...

Here are three games I am addicted to on the regular computer or notebook.

message 8: by Ken (new)

Ken | 18313 comments Mod
iAddicts aNonymous

message 9: by Ken (new)

Ken | 18313 comments Mod
Poor Jen, she must think we're a bunch of iGrouches (or iLuddites, perhaps).

message 10: by Debbie, sardonic princess of cheerfulness (new)

Debbie (sardonicprincessofcheerfulness) | 6387 comments Mod
Hahahahaha!!!

message 11: by Carol (new)

Carol | 10390 comments heeheehee!!

message 12: by Ken (new)

Ken | 18313 comments Mod
Oh, man, I couldn't sit through it, the music was so bad.

message 13: by Jose (new)

Jose Silva | 1 comments Hi, i've recently played a game called Johnny Unlucky, its very fun and addictive and a rare version of hangman, but in a funny way. Try it!!! If anyone found something similar please let me know.

Regards.

message 14: by Jan (new)

Jan (auntyjan) | 1259 comments I have an iPad. My first use of it was to store and display photos of the grandchildren. Then I found you can actually take photos with it as well, and even videos...actually my four year old granddaughter discovered that....they deliberately design these things to be simple enough for even a child to use.
My next use was for reading. I like the smell and feel of a real book, but thought I would give it a try. I had a copy of Daniel Deronda from the library, but soon found I was reading more often on the iPad because you don't have to hold the page open, handy if you're having lunch, and at night you don't have the problem of not having enough light for reading in bed. so when my library required the book for another reader, it was no problem for me...I just kept on reading on my iPad.
So I didn't try to learn all the features at once, but gradually started using them....you can write notes....and never lose them, look up directions on maps, add weekly or fortnightly or once off events to your calendar, check your email....there's a Goodreads app, a google app, an Ancestry app...I'm hardly using the slow old laptop at all.
And now I also play games....I have words with friends which is a version of Scrabble, Scramble with friends which is like Boggle, and draw something where you can choose from three items to draw, and the other person has to guess what you're drawing. I play some of these games with family and friends and some with random opponents from the other side of the world.
I am having so much fun......if a technophobe like me can catch on.....anyone can....don't limit yourself.....

message 15: by Ken (new)

Ken | 18313 comments Mod
iGot into playing a word game on miSister-in-law's iPad. It was called W.E.L.D.E.R.S. and iHeartily endorse it.

message 16: by Carol (new)

Carol | 10390 comments So when are you getting an iPad or Android tablet?

message 17: by Ken (new)

Ken | 18313 comments Mod
iDoubt ever. But i'M happy to report that iTexted my first text message ever during the Good Wyfe's turn at the wheel driving south. It was to my sister-in-law. iDid not get a response. Clearly iNeed practice with this, though iThink Twitter will help.

message 18: by Carol (last edited Apr 17, 2012 08:32AM) (new)

Carol | 10390 comments Your progeny could help I am sure. He could give you some pointers.