Romance Lovers for the Challenge-Impaired discussion

YA romance, fantasy, etc > Faeriewalker (Jenna Black) VS Iron Queen (Julie Kagawa) seriers

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sara (new)

Sara | 9 comments Hi

These both series are about faeries... I used to prefer the Faeriwalker series more but I just finished the 3rd final book and now I'm not so loving them... It's soooo dissapointing when you have high expectations in a sequel book you've been waiting for moths to be realesed and it is not as good as the previous books... it is just ok, not great as you expected... :(

Anyways, Have you read these books? I was wondering if you have some thoughts to share about them...

message 2: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Glimmerglass (Faeriewalker, #1) by Jenna Black Shadowspell (Faeriewalker, #2) by Jenna Black Sirensong (Faeriewalker, #3) by Jenna Black

Richelle Mead Dark Swan Bundle Iron Crowned, Storm Born, & Thorn Queen by Richelle Mead

Never heard of them, Sara. I'll have to check them out.

message 3: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3220 comments I'm a big fan of the Iron Queen series. I haven't read the third book yet, but I found the first two books to be the sort of books to keep me on the edge of my seat! I'd recommend the Iron Queen series to anybody that likes reading PNR/ urban fantasy that's centered around the fae.

message 4: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3220 comments Oh, the Iron Queen series is definitely not YA.

message 5: by Sara (new)

Sara | 9 comments I thought if a book’s main character is a 16 years old teenager it would be a YA book… I guess I was assuming incorrectly.

The 3rd book in the Iron Queen series is really good, I love Ash, he’s really sweet, what I love about these series is that they remind me how perky, sweet, excited and infatuated I felt the first time I fell in love, everything was sooo perfect. LOL

message 6: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3220 comments Sara wrote: "I thought if a book’s main character is a 16 years old teenager it would be a YA book… I guess I was assuming incorrectly.

The 3rd book in the Iron Queen series is really good, I love ..."

Ooops! I'm so sorry! I immediately thought of Richelle Mead's Dark Swan series, and totally missed that you're talking about Julie Kagawa's series.

message 7: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3220 comments I haven't read any books from either series, but I did get one of Julie Kagawa's short stories free from Barnes and Noble. I think it takes place somewhere in the middle of the Iron Queen series, so I haven't read it yet.

message 8: by Beatrix (new)

Beatrix (trixy72) Hi,
I love both series, and not nice like that would include them, but perhaps the Feariewalker closer to me. The Iron Knight have not read, but the third after the part, I hope Prince Ash finally reward self-sacrifice. Even I love the Happy ends.