Horror Aficionados discussion

Darren Shan
This topic is about Darren Shan
Authors > Darren Shan

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mairéad (new)

Mairéad | 13 comments Hi I'm just wondering if he writes books for adults?

All I ever usually see around the place are 'The Demonata' and Cirque du Freak series, and I've been told that the latter is aimed mostly at kids/Y.A (but then again so is Harry Potter!). It probably doesn't help that my local librarian lumps all the sci-fi and fantasy books into the Y.A section because she's run out of space in the adult fiction section! XD

Also, every time I see one of his books they bear the statement 'The Master of Horror' on them. Is this true? Or can authors just go around saying those kinds of things? I've always wondered about that!

message 2: by jb (new)

jb Byrkit (jbbyrkit) | 2035 comments I know the Cirque de Freak books are YA. My son read them all and he really liked them. He was a fast reader too so he would devour the book quickly because he liked it so much. I never did read them but did pass them on to another boy.

My friend read book 1 and she really liked it bit she does read quite a bit of YA.

message 3: by Scott (new)

Scott Yes, the City series is for adults. Procession of the Dead is the first volume and there is at least one more out now.

I don't know how good it is as I haven't read it yet.

message 4: by L.A. (new)

L.A. Tafe (LA_Tafe) | 7 comments Darren Shan is one of my favorite authors and have read almost all of his books. Procession of the Dead is amazing, couldn't put it down. I haven't had the chance to read the following two in the series (the protagonist changes so I'm not in a rush.) It's a gang/mafia story of a man coming in and working his way up the ranks with a paranormal twist throw in later on. If you like Darren Shan then your missing out if you haven't read Procession of the Dead

message 5: by Scott (new)

Scott I will probably read it soon.

message 6: by Tressa (new)

Tressa  (moanalisa) | 19935 comments I moved this thread to the Authors folder.