Harry Potter discussion

Movies > The Final Movie

Comments Showing 1-43 of 43 (43 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joe (last edited Jul 20, 2011 01:52AM) (new)

Joe | 57 comments I'm going to the movie in about 4 and a half hours, tell me your thoughts once you've seen the final installment in the Harry Potter series!!

WARNING: (( This post will obviously have spoilers of the movie for those haven't seen it or read the final book. ( Which is unlikely anyways. ) ))

message 2: by Christina (new)

Christina (regalladysnow) | 14 comments Lucky! I can't wait to see this movie.

Miss Silvertongue (misssilvertongue) | 105 comments It was... amazing. Truly amazing. Spectacular. I just... I'm speechless, I loved it.

I cried a fair amount... ok, I cried through the entire thing.
Like every Harry Potter movie, it has its riddikulus moments (laughable sometimes) but it was wonderful.

(view spoiler)

Best movie of the series by far and of course, all was well.

Enjoy it guys!

message 4: by Shamaila (new)

Shamaila Anjum | 19 comments Its not released until 12:01 on fri here...

message 5: by Gina (last edited Jul 13, 2011 03:19PM) (new)

Gina (ginams) | 1 comments I missed about five minutes of the movie, unfortunately, but from what I saw it is the best of the Harry Potter series. It was simply stunning.

There were so many emotions running through me while watching it that it's hard to recall many details. (I also found it a bit hard to concentrate, since it was in 3D, and I wasn't used to the effect.) For the most part, it stuck to the book very well.

The ending is very bittersweet, but nicely done. Can't wait to watch it again.

message 6: by Kendall Anne (new)

Kendall Anne (dance4life) | 84 comments UGH!!!!
I'm seeing it at 12:00 tomorrow and I'm FREAKING OUT!!!!!!!!!! I really hope I like it!!!!

message 7: by Sean (new)

Sean | 17 comments I'm seeing it Midnight tomorrow too. I still have to finish my Oliver Wood costume. I have like 24 hours to make a robe with a hood, and a shirt. :(

Nushiiii loves Peeta Mellark ♥1D♥ (NushiiiMellark) | 4 comments O.M.F.G Best HP movie by miles and miles. The atmosphere in the theatre was so amazing, and the movie itself well PWOAHHH there are no words for it. So unbelievable! It stuck well with the plot line with the excpetion of what @misssilvertongue said. I wish they did that as it would've only taken like 1 minute but idk.

Sighhhh. Im so depressed now. It's like theres this hole in me, where HP is supposed to be. I could never in my wildest dreams have imagined the day that I think about next year and there is no Harry Potter. No new movie. No new merchandise or news or books. It just seems so blank. And now that day is here and its like woooahhh.

message 9: by Randi (new)

Randi (The Artist Formerly known as Guitar Chick) (guitarchick) | 170 comments Going in about twenty four hours and forty five minutes! Have my wizard rock gear ready to go and some tissues :)

message 10: by Joe (last edited Jul 14, 2011 12:19AM) (new)

Joe | 57 comments List your favourite moments:

*** MOVIE SPOILERS ***

(view spoiler)

That isn't all of them, only the ones I can remember on the spot. But list yours once you've seen it! :]

Miss Silvertongue (misssilvertongue) | 105 comments Um.. my favourite moments would be the whole movie. I loved it all, every single moment. I seriously can't think of a highlight.

message 12: by Laura (new)

Laura (marspeach) | 5 comments I was disappointed at my first viewing on Tuesday. I'm seeing it again at midnight and I just really hope I'll like it more this time.

message 13: by Kendall Anne (new)

Kendall Anne (dance4life) | 84 comments EEPP!!! I just looked on Mugglenet, and the DH coutdown that I have been looking at for MONTHS, finally says only 14 HOURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 14: by Cerridwen (new)

Cerridwen (allantiaeverlast) I can't wait to see it!!!!!

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

I CANT WAIT FOR TONITE ♥

message 16: by Shamaila (new)

Shamaila Anjum | 19 comments Only 1 hour left!

Miss Silvertongue (misssilvertongue) | 105 comments WHOO! You guys are going to love it. It is truly amazing.

message 18: by Shamaila (new)

Shamaila Anjum | 19 comments OMG im in the theatre only 3 MIN LEFT!!!

message 19: by Joe (new)

Joe | 57 comments WOOOOO!!! JUST saw it again! Going again in two days!!! Its SOOO EPIC, You guys will love it!!!

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

I just got home from watching HP and the Deathly Hallows part 2 IT WAS AMAZING!!!!!

message 21: by Donna (new)

Donna | 1 comments *Ella* wrote: "Sigh. Have any of you guys seen it in IMAX? That's what me and my dad, who is a Harry Potter fan OFFICIALLY are going to see it in. If so, was it worth it?"

I saw it in IMAX 3D. It was awesome. I was happily surprised that we got the matinee price; we didn't for part 1 at the same time and same theatre.

message 22: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (hannahxu) | 88 comments it was AWESOME|!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 23: by Pandy, "It unscrews the other way." (last edited Jul 18, 2011 08:05PM) (new)

Pandy | 1575 comments Mod
I went to the midnight showing, but I need to see it again before I can really decide what I think of it. Needless to say, I love the movie, but I say that about all the HP movies, even my least favorite (GoF). I think the chilling atmosphere of DH2 is perfect and the visuals are stunning. The whole film seems as though it's over in a flash, which is probably a good thing, considering that it is supposed to be the action-packed finale. Still some of the scenes (especially Gringotts and the Chamber of Secrets) don't make for as immersive a viewing experience as many of the scenes in DH1 (The Ministry, Godric's Hollow etc.). I'm not going to bother complaining about things that were cut - Dumbledore's full back story/relation to the Hallows, the reasoning behind Harry's decision to talk to Griphook first - since Harry's doubts about Dumbledore and the effect of Dobby's death on his decisions aren't emphasized in DH1 in the first place (and Voldemort already has the Elder Wand). This takes away from both movies. The talk with Aberforth and the King’s Cross scene could have been extended…but anyway, I wasn't going to complain. :) Lily's blood protection as an explanation of why Harry survives in the forest would have been nice, though. The final battle between Harry and Voldemort, despite being extended, still ends up feeling a bit anti-climatic. I need to see it again.

Things I love about DH2 in no particular order:
* "Lily's Theme" opening the film: beautiful and haunting.
* Helena Bonham Carter as Hermione pretending to be Bellatrix
* The Dragon breaking out of Gringotts with "Dragon Flight" from the soundtrack playing
* Snape's speech in the Great Hall; Alan Rickman is as brilliant as always
* Every bit with Maggie Smith's McGonagall
* Filch's "Students out of bed line!"
* The dome of protective enchantments being cast over Hogwarts
* Snape's death (Harry holding his hand out to staunch Snape's wound is so sad!)
* Dumbledore and Snape in "The Prince's Tale" (I like the whole sequence and how it's mixed in with shots from previous films. Because I love Snape’s character so much, I would have loved to see many of the scenes play out completely with the full “Snape’s Worst Memory”, but I understand that this would have probably hurt the pacing of the film.)
* Dumbledore’s line from the book: “'Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?'
* The Malfoys beckoning to Draco to cross over onto their side and their escape across the bridge. I've always loved Jason Isaacs's Lucius.
* "Leaving Hogwarts" playing during the epilogue!

Things I find annoying:
* The spinning camera after the trio climbs out of the lake makes me dizzy. Though this is probably because I watched this after being sleep deprived (reading A Dance with Dragons) for a couple of days.
* All of the Slytherins being sent to the dungeons
* Voldemort and Bellatrix disintegrating – like many, I would have preferred to see the bodies.
* Voldemort/Harry cliff jump still looks weird and unnecessary. I'm not so sure what to say about the Voldemort/Draco hug other than that it's disturbing.
* Harry not fixing his wand (this seems to be a popular complaint).

DH2 is not my favorite HP movie to watch. But that’s not a reflection of the quality of the movie. It’s just that I usually prefer dialogue to action. I’m still not sure how I’d rate DH2 compared to the other HP films. Combined with DH1, I’d still put it behind HBP, PoA, and OotP I think.

message 24: by Shamaila (new)

Shamaila Anjum | 19 comments So, while the movie was AMAZING i have a few complaints:
The Princes Tale was all wrong. Its my absolute favorite part of the book, and i was really disappointed :(
The grey lady/ariana's tales werent explored
Snape/Freds death somehow just wasnt as powerful and touching.
HE DIDNT FIX HIS WAND!
But still, i loved the movie. The end songs almost made me cry

message 25: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (randhrshipper1) | 48 comments I realize every fan will have small, nitpicky things they would change about the films if they could be given unlimited time and funds, and the final film is no different--I wasn't completely pleased with the Grey Lady bit and I did also think that Fred's death deserved a bit more screen time.

Having said that, though...

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 is indescribably amazing and the perfect ending to this glorious franchise. I wasn't expecting all the humor, the action (Gringotts and the entire Battle) was epic, and the emotional resonance never let up (the Prince's Tale COMPLETELY worked for me). There were even things I liked about those two scenes I mentioned above--I like the staging of the Grey Lady scene and Rupert's performance upon Fred's death is wonderful. AND RON AND HERMIONE'S KISS WAS AWESOME! Okay, fangirl in me aside, this was a finale everyone involved with it can be proud of.

message 26: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jenlopez1283) Just saw it in imax 3D and it was just amazing. it was vry bittersweet for m.

message 27: by deliabookworm (new)

deliabookworm | 15 comments Saw it Thurs. night. I cried from Snape's death onward. Now I feel sorta weird...like...empty-ish...I mean...what's gonna happen now?

Things I liked:
Snape's death. Omigoodness I thought it was perfect.
Bellatrix as Hermione. So good. Really made me realize why Helena Bonham Carter is considered such a good actress--she was totally different as Hermione.
That they showed the scene of going down into the Chamber of Secrets. I always wanted to know what happened down there...& it was sort of fitting that Ron & Hermione got their own kiss location :)
This isn't everything that I liked--these were just some of the best parts, in my opinion.

Things that I didn't really like:
Harry didn't fix his wand!!! I guess other people have been saying this too--it really, really, really bugged me. But oh well.
Dumbledore's past wasn't really explored. That also kind of upset me. But then, I've never really been able to see Gambon as Dumbledore, so I might have been more upset had the part of the Kings Cross scene where Dumbledore talks about his past not been pulled off effectively by Gambon.

message 28: by Joe (new)

Joe | 57 comments It was mentioned somewhere in the newspaper at the proof of how Harry Potter is such a successful movie. I think Jason Isaacs was the one to say that, you have actors from some of the topline movies and all they do is stand around for most of the film, or they have barely any lines. When a movie has such a successful cast and they barely say anything, it just shows how... I can't find the word, but you get what I mean?

- I think they portrayed the Fiendfyre well, btw.

message 29: by Annalisa (last edited Jul 18, 2011 05:05PM) (new)

Annalisa (goodreadsannalisa) I can't believe I'm saying this, but I was a little disappointed with Alan Rickman. He saved Dumbledore's death from a lackluster Michael Gambon in HBP, but during the Prince's Tale, I wanted something more from him. Don't get me wrong. It was touching and I go teary-eyed, but he is so amazing, I wanted him to make me bawl when we find out Harry has to die. I wanted some passion from him. The scene was good, but I thought it could have been amazing.

My favorite parts of the movie were: the trio showing up to the Room of Requirement asking for the lost diadem. I loved, loved Helena Bonham Carter playing Hermione playing Bellatrix. Wonderful acting. The whole Gringotts sequence was done well. I loved McGonogall calling the castle to battle. The battle scenes were amazing. I loved everything from Snape's death to Harry's moment with Dumbledore at King's Cross. For once I enjoyed Michael Gambon's performance. I think that scene is better described than the book (ironic for such a foggy scene). And I loved Ron and Hermione's kiss, so much better than the way it played out in the book. I also enjoyed the change of Hermione saying goodbye to Harry because she'd figured out he was a horcrux. It was touching.

I wasn't crazy about the final battle sequence. The "Let's finish this together" scene didn't ring true and while the snake chasing Ron and Hermione was cool to see, I would much rather have seen Neville's big moment the way it was written in the book. My husband complained about Neville being afraid of the snatchers (great scene) but not Voldemort and when I explained how to scene played out in the book, he agreed that it should have been filmed that way. I agree that Voldemort's death was anti-climatic and the disintegration while it looked cool on screen lacked that message that Tom Riddle was only human and conquerable. But then again, I don't think Voldemort seemed all that threatening in either DH movie. His hug of Draco was out of character, but I get what they were doing. My biggest disappointment is that I wanted to see the moment Fred died. I didn't care as much that Harry didn't fix his wand, but I would have liked some reference to his cloak being the cloak from death.

Oh, and one more thing that I loved: I wasn't the only one who booed at the preview for Breaking Dawn :). I love midnight premieres. I can't wait to see the movie again. I'm not left with the same longing I was after finishing the book, but I still feel sad that the era is over. The movie will never be as good as the book, but it was close. I loved it.

message 30: by Joe (new)

Joe | 57 comments I was hoping the moviemakers would change it and show both Lupin, Tonks and Fred's death. I think Helen played Hermione well but the Imperius curse was kind of changed around wasn't it?

message 31: by Christina (new)

Christina Rodriguez (christina316) I watched HP7 at midnight and I LOVED it! IT was AMAZING. There were things that we not included and others that were changed but the move was GREAT! As we all know the movies will never live up to the books,but HP7 def was the BEST! I was on an emotional roller coaster while watching and that just shows how invested you are in the story and the characters. we were delivered action, romance, and humor and that's what makes a movie GREAT! My favorite part was The Prince's Tale, I have to say that it was a beautiful wrap up to Snapes story. I will go watch again sometime this week!

message 32: by AA (last edited Jul 19, 2011 10:04PM) (new)

AA | 85 comments Just got back from watching Deathly Hallows pt. 2 and my god was it amazing... Admittedly there were some parts that I didn't like, but overall I loved it.

Parts that I loved:

~Snape's death scene
~Snape crying over Lily's body
~Basically the entirety of The Princes Tale
~Lily telling baby Harry "Momma and Dadda love you"
~The fight scenes
~Ron running from the fiendfyre screaming "Malfoy set the bloody place on fire!" That made me laugh :D
~Harry's death scene, and his scene with Dumbledore at Kings Cross Station.
~Harry talking with his dead loved ones. Made me cry :D/D:
~Helena playing Hermione pretending to be Bellatrix. It was well done.
~The scene where Luna mentions the diadem. Ron's reaction made me laugh.

Parts that I liked:

~When Neville killed Nagini. I think this could've been improved upon, but it was still pretty good.
~When Hermione cried and hugged Harry before he left for the Forbidden Forest.
~The epilogue. Although, to be honest, I was expecting the trio to have a few wrinkles and the beginnings of a receding hairline. Instead, they looked exactly the same, except Harry had more of a 5 o'clock shadow.
~The fight between Bellatrix and Mrs. Weasley. I liked it, but I wish they included the dialogue from the book (specifically Bellatrix saying, "What's going to happen when Mommy's gone the same way as Freddie?"). Also, I didn't like how Bellatrix exploded into a billion pieces.

Parts that I thought could've been way better:

~The part where Neville confronts Voldemort. It just seemed off to me.
~Hermione and Ron's kiss was sweet, but I liked the book's version better, with Harry asking, "Is this really the time?"
~Fred's death scene. Why didn't we see it? :/
~Voldemort's death. I liked the fight between them (except for the beginning of it, where they jump from the castle together), but I really didn't like how he disintegrated. It was cool and all, but - as Annalisa said - it didn't send the message that Voldemort was human and beatable.

message 33: by Joe (new)

Joe | 57 comments MOVIE SPOILERS!!!

I was laughing when...
- Seamus said, "Thats nothing to go on."
- Seamus said Ginny cares more about Harry than Ron.
- Ron realised Ginny cared more about Harry.
- Ron shouted at Harry before they saved Blaise and Draco.
- Ron mentions Harry going into the RoR and Hermione is suprised.
- Luna shouts at Harry
- Luna brings up the lost diadem
- Cho says, "Yes, but its lost!"
- Hermione ( as Bellatrix )'s expression looked SOO constipated after she, "Ahem."'ed.
- Voldemort gave that last retarded laugh after saying Harry was dead.
- Voldemort awkwardly 'attempted' a hug on Draco.
- Voldemort's cup/goblet was destroyed and he went, "Neh"
- McGonagall went, "I've always wanted to do that spell!"

It was sad when...
- it showed Fred's, Lupin's and Tonks' bodies.
- I saw the horrified expression on the Gringott's dragon's face.
- Luna said, "Muggles think these ward off evil, they're wrong.

I have alot more, but I'm really busy, state your:
It was _____ when...

message 34: by Laine (new)

Laine Malfoy ϟ (winterscintilla) | 6 comments I cried a lot actually. Yeah, it's quite disappointing that they didn't include a big chunk from the book. But still, I liked it.

message 35: by Emily (new)

Emily | 19 comments Shamaila wrote: "So, while the movie was AMAZING i have a few complaints:
The Princes Tale was all wrong. Its my absolute favorite part of the book, and i was really disappointed :(
The grey lady/ariana's tales wer..."

Agreed! In the book, I loved Snape's younger life. But when the movie came out, and I watched that part, I was so disappointed! :(

message 36: by Horcruxiatus (new)

Horcruxiatus (ATeam) | 28 comments Courtyard Apocalypse, one of the emotional parts of the whole movie. Its the first shot of an actual damaged Hogwarts with the war going on. I like that they actually got the quantity of people there to portray a full on wizarding war.

message 37: by Sharlene (new)

Sharlene (sharlenehuriwai) I got a little teary eyed. The movie is great. Admit the final battle could have had more to it. The afterlife moment with Dumbledore leaves me with more questions than answers. One of my fave scenes was Prof McGonagall getting all giddy rounding up the guardians. Check out my blog here:
http://sharlenesmith.wordpress.com/20...

message 38: by Jay (new)

Jay The movie was cool

message 39: by Natalie (new)

Natalie | 219 comments I truely hated how they killed Nevilles big moment of killing Nagini, and no army of house elfs. Thouse bumed me out.

message 40: by Books (new)

Books A | 10 comments I LOVED it!! I like how when the showed the credits the music was the hedwigs theme they played in the first movie

message 41: by low (new)

low (lows) | 248 comments The final movie was incredible. No doubt about it

message 42: by Jessica (new)

Jessica B | 44 comments Well it was some stunning special effects but I didn't like how they made it seem like Hogwarts was pathetic and didn't stand a chance, how Fred was just sitting there in front of the death eaters and everyone running. They also didn't put in the scene where so many people volunteered to stay and fight.

message 43: by Jessica (new)

Jessica B | 44 comments Yeaa they still did a pretty fantastic job overall