Outlander Series discussion

Archived > Outlander 20th Anniversary Edition!

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (kimberly_b) | 429 comments I just ordered my 20th Anniversary Edition of Outlander today. I'm so excited to get it! Has anyone else gotten theirs yet? If so, what do you think of the map, timeline, CD, etc.?

message 2: by Carren (new)

Carren Kay | 953 comments I received my a while back, around the 1st of the month. It's great. I love the cover and the map finally gives us reference points to the story. The CD is okay, but I never thought much of the musical version of the story.

Terry (Ter05 TwiMoms/ MundieMoms) (ter05) | 292 comments The book is gorgeous. I already have the CD and it's not that great IMO, but the book is wonderful.

message 4: by Wendy F, biblioholic (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) | 3151 comments I love my copy. The book is beautiful, and I loved the maps and the timeline. It's a great addition to my collection. I can honestly say I haven't listened to the CD yet, I probably wont. i'm not great at keeping my CD's organized and I don't want to lose it.

message 5: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (kimberly_b) | 429 comments I'm glad to hear the timeline and maps are good. I'm not a fan of the musical so I'm not too jazzed about the CD. I'm interested to see how specific the timeline is. There is a really great timeline I came across online, but it isn't 'official' (from DG herself).

message 6: by Ladyhawk (last edited Jul 16, 2011 12:21PM) (new)

Ladyhawk | 957 comments Just got back from Hastings and saw this beautiful book. Didn't notice the map or cd. I will buy it but was thinking of ordering from the poison pen and request a signed copy. Its a bit pricey, for that price I wish it was leather bound. I knew you'd all be talking about it. Thank you, thank you!

message 7: by Diane (new)

Diane (danderv) | 60 comments I love my book also! I can't wait to read it again, along with the essay in the back. I am also excited about the maps in the front!

message 8: by Jen (at last!) (last edited Jul 16, 2011 12:09PM) (new)

Jen (at last!) (jenkeith) | 1052 comments Wait, maps?! Where are they? I bought mine yesterday and all I noticed was the cd which I didna care for. The wedding song was pretty.