Writers Without Borders discussion

Shelfari

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Beth (new)

Beth (countrykittie) | 72 comments Mod
There is a group at Shelfari called, of course, Writers of Mass Distraction. Feel free to go over there and make yourself at home and start some new topics, and tell us about yourself.

message 2: by Dani (new)

Dani Smith (daniquickdraw) | 30 comments Will do!

message 3: by Beth (new)

Thanks Danielle!

message 4: by Regan (new)

Regan Black | 19 comments Cool, I've been curious about Shelfari. Will go check it out. =)

message 5: by Livie (new)

Livie (livie_marie) | 14 comments Would someone be willing to share here their thoughts on Shelfari? Pros, cons?

message 6: by Beth (new)

Olivia-Shelfari is kind of a cool place, but I think much less active than this site here.

It gives you a bookshelf where you can display the books you've read and shows the reviews that you write for them. I like it there, both Goodreads and Shelfari are great...

One thing about Shelfari, it's connected with Amazon, so any books you've written and posted details about, they will show up at your author info page at Amazon. (Or you'll be able to get to them somewhere over there.)

I like both places...We're over there because there may be people that are in one place and not the other. And, meeting new people is always good. Helps promote ourselves even more.

message 7: by Livie (new)

Livie (livie_marie) | 14 comments I may look in to the groups at LinkedIn and Book Blogs. Oy vey, so much to keep up with but so fun!

message 8: by D.M. (new)

D.M. (DMYates) Beth is right about Shelfari. It is a quiet place but it's fun to add books to your own bookshelf.

message 9: by Lena (new)

Lena Winfrey Hayat (lenawinfreyhayat) | 130 comments Norma,

What is the group at Linkedin? I have an account there, but I haven't gotten active over there yet. I know it is good for marketing, but I'm still nagivating in unsure waters. I appreciate all the advice you can give. Thanks!

Norma wrote: "We also established groups at LinkedIn and Book Blogs."

message 10: by Lena (new)

Lena Winfrey Hayat (lenawinfreyhayat) | 130 comments I'm looking forward to joining Shelfari, too as soon as I can straighten out how to get logged in. Thanks! Seems to be a nice place.

Donna wrote: "Beth is right about Shelfari. It is a quiet place but it's fun to add books to your own bookshelf."

message 11: by D.M. (new)

D.M. (DMYates) Lena, for Shelfari, I'll send an invite to you. We'll see if that helps.

message 12: by Lena (new)

Lena Winfrey Hayat (lenawinfreyhayat) | 130 comments Donna,

Thanks a lot! Take care!

message 13: by Lena (new)

Lena Winfrey Hayat (lenawinfreyhayat) | 130 comments Thanks! I will do that soon!