The Iron Knight (The Iron Fey, #4) The Iron Knight discussion

ash and megans first born

Comments Showing 1-50 of 51 (51 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Lilian so what would you guys think If they try to pull a "twilight" where Ash and Megan have a baby that Puck falls for in the future?

Alison lol that would be terrible. Julie would never do that.

Andrea It was a gross idea in those books, and still a gross idea now! And totally something that would eventually appear on the Fey version of Jeremy Kyle.

Kimi I'd be super upset lol

Ally Yeah the baby would be a little too far. It'd be like "Really?!" I'd definitely not read the rest if they pop a baby in there somewhere. Not cool.

Nurlely I think Julie had Puck as an important character, not an additional one. So Puck will have a decent ending.

Jacob was written as an additional part, as a good friend to Bella. That is why his character met his ending in that awful way. Stephenie did not mean for him to have a girlfriend, but since he gained lot of fans, Stephenie added a new girlfriend (or babygirl in this case) for him.

Puck is the only third person in fantasy novels that has great personality. He loves Meghan but he clouded not his decision with jealousy. He helped Ash for he understood that Meghan would only be happy with Ash.

message 7: by Sadie (new) - added it

Sadie Elizabeth wrote: "so what would you guys think If they try to pull a "twilight" where Ash and Megan have a baby that Puck falls for in the future?"

i think i might flip, i mean i would have no problem if they did that but because it was done already in another book...no freaking way

sha95 they shud not have babies -,-' eeww,,that'll spil everything! they should have a fairytale happy ending! <3

message 9: by Kylie (last edited Aug 09, 2011 01:40PM) (new) - added it

Kylie No, Puck shouldnt fall for the kid, that would just be upsetting. But i do like the idea of them having a kid :) lil Ash or Meghan Jr. Lol soo cute :):):) but it should be at the like end of the last book in the series. I want them to have a family.

Nurlely I will love anything from Ash and Meghan. Having their children will be fantastic.

Hailey Uh I LOOOOVE these books but a baby?!?!?! that would be awful!!!

message 12: by Nurlely (last edited Aug 27, 2011 10:18PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nurlely Ash had a dream of having a baby with Meghan. An adorable one. Sorry for spoiling....

Andrea It was such a good way to incorporate it! Loved it

Hannah i loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove these books but that would ABSOLUTLY ruin it

sha95 Hannah wrote: "i loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove these books but that would ABSOLUTLY ruin it"

agreed! 100%!!!

Nurlely Don't worry. It won't go as far as Ash and Meghan have children...:)

Hannah sure hope so

Ziyue Well it's kind of in a bittersweet way if you think about it. It would be great if they had an adorable kid. But it would kinda stink too. I think that I might flip out but then I might not. So I guess I'm neutral on this subject.

Emily ................. ;)

sha95 Nurlely wrote: "Don't worry. It won't go as far as Ash and Meghan have children...:)"

not to be neagetive :/ but..dat wud totally..spoil..the forever romance between them and de awesome adventure xP hahaha..dey shud be forever young...having a baby indivates em of 'aging' :3 i want my ash <3 2 stay young n handsomme!!!! *lol, sorry...ash crazy here..haha

message 21: by M. (new) - rated it 4 stars

M. Well, if you read the Iron Knight you know that it's very unlikely it will happen. Plus, I don't think it's Julie's style anyways.

Kagama-the Literaturevixen Elizabeth wrote: "so what would you guys think If they try to pull a "twilight" where Ash and Megan have a baby that Puck falls for in the future?"

*squick*

Kagama-the Literaturevixen Charmaine95 wrote: "Nurlely wrote: "Don't worry. It won't go as far as Ash and Meghan have children...:)"

not to be neagetive :/ but..dat wud totally..spoil..the forever romance between them and de awesome adventure ..."

I find it funny that some reactions to the possibility of Meghan and Ash having a child...and if its a girl it could get together with a guy who had a crush on her mother 0o is not "noo thats too freaky and weird" but more "no way they should have kids,kids make them OLD!"

Autumn Guys if you read the Iron Knight you would know that Ash&Meghan have a BOY not a girl.Shish!

message 25: by M. (new) - rated it 4 stars

M. Autumn wrote: "Guys if you read the Iron Knight you would know that Ash&Meghan have a BOY not a girl.Shish!"

Not necessarily. What Ash saw was what the future could be, not exactly what it would happen.

message 26: by Nurlely (last edited Jan 04, 2012 07:26PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nurlely Charmaine95 wrote: "not to be neagetive :/ but..dat wud totally..spoil..the forever romance between them and de awesome adventure xP hahaha..dey shud be forever young...having a baby indivates em of 'aging' :3 i want my ash <3 2 stay young n handsomme!!!! *lol, sorry...ash crazy here..haha "

I should have this answered months ago....well.

Ash and Meghan were fairies, Prince and Queen at it. They would not age or get old. They would remain as beautiful as they were now. Having a baby would NOT make them less beautiful or young.

Elena I hope not! It would be too much like Twilight. Plus there's no such thing as imprinting here, so while in Twilight Jacob was kind of forced to be with Bella's daughter, here it would be all on Puck.
And I can't see him 'leaving' Meghan to be with her daughter. Or her son, seeing they had a boy, not a girl, in Ash's vision.
LOL NO.

Kinga If Puck had a boy baby with someone and Ash with Megan a girl I would agree to their children love but that too would become toooooooo cheesy!!! Let's keep it down at sweet love, kay?

Madeline Emily wrote: "................. ;)"

LOL. I like your response. My thoughts exactly.

Redwallcrazy I kinda want them to have kids, Ash and Meghan. I think that would be sweet and I'd enjoy that.

Arushi I'd rather they didnt get married and have (a) kid(s). I tend to find that superly cliched in books. But in this series I wouldnt mind so much...idk why...? Anyway I'd prefer them just together at last, but NOTHING WAS WRAPPED UP IN THE FOURTH BOOK. at least for me. I was sooo disappointed. :(

ew, and puck liking the child? AAAAAARGH what kind of a plot is that? I mean I heard that it happens in Twilight (I didnt have the patience to read all the way thru a series that crappy) but that's althemore a reason why NOT to do it. twilight SUCKED. End of Story.

No parallelism between plotlines has since shown up and one need not arise, especially since the series is over, leaving me feeling raw and empty. I'm going to miss reading about my favorite characters. Though if Kagawa pulled a Cassandra Clare and [city of fallen angels spoiler](view spoiler) just for the sake of writing more books, THAT would be annoying. I would not have the patience for it. Already, IK bothered me... :'(

Paige I like the idea of them having kids just not in the books like if you guys like fan-fiction or something go ahead write a story like that and maybe it would be alright if it was in the VERY end. Like a flash into the future like Harry Potter that be kinda cool. And really? Do you know how disgusting it would be if Puck fell for ash and meghan's baby???????? That would be horrific! I like Twilight but the last book with that idea was absolutly horrid! But that's just my opinion, and just so you know I'm not a "twi-hard" or a twilight hater. Just so you know.

message 33: by Sam (new)

Sam Want is the baby's sex?

Betty Hernandez Kylie wrote: "No, Puck shouldnt fall for the kid, that would just be upsetting. But i do like the idea of them having a kid :) lil Ash or Meghan Jr. Lol soo cute :):):) but it should be at the like end of the la..."

i agree :)

Ishika Ummm ok... I'm not going to spoil anything. But I like the whole baby idea... just the Puck and son one is a little too.. awkward. How would you feel if your daughter was in a relationship with your best friend?

Nurlely Sam wrote: "Want is the baby's sex?"

If you are so curious, you can go to Julie Kagawa's page on Goodreads. Her books there will spoil a bit about everything.

Ishika Also it's in The Lost Prince.

Addee Yes, there must be babies. It would be a crime for someone as stunningly handsome & courageously strong as Ash not to have children. Puck probably already has children all over the place. I think he likes the girls, a lot...

message 39: by Addee (last edited Sep 02, 2013 04:39AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Addee Prince Kierran must have his own book or series.

Nurlely Prince Kierran indeed needs his own book series... :)

Ariel I had to get "The Lost Prince" when it came out, but when I was done reading it, it felt a lot like The Iron Fey. Of course, I will read the next books (Ash and Meghan forever <3), but yea. Like, oooh ghost fey, so scary. The iron fey were actually scary. But I came to a conclusion that, Ethan and Kenzie cannot rule the new fey, because they are both mortal. That would be a disaster. If Ethan suddenly became fey or something, then, maybe, he could. Just because he has the second sight doesn't mean he can rule fey right? He doesn't have the glamour, the speed, the strength, the knowledge (well kinda), or the power. So, I don't know.

And seriously, pulling a "Twilight"? Julie would never do that. Omg, what if Puck fell for Ethan and Kenzie's child? That would be even worse. :/

Nurlely Ariel wrote: "And seriously, pulling a "Twilight"? Julie would never do that. Omg, what if Puck fell for Ethan and Kenzie's child? That would be even worse. :/ "

I don't think Julie will do that awful 'Twilight' into her awesome works. And Puck doesn't need to get a steady girlfriend. The story is already awesome with him being the super annoying fey. If he is to meet a gir (or fey), she should be someone new, and has no relationship with Ash & Meghan's offspring.

Addee Nurlely wrote: "Ariel wrote: "And seriously, pulling a "Twilight"? Julie would never do that. Omg, what if Puck fell for Ethan and Kenzie's child? That would be even worse. :/ "

I don't think Julie will do that a..."

I feel the same about Puck...

Ishika Hmmm. Well we know that Meghan and Ash only have a boy.. so at the moment, it doesn't look likely that Puck will fall for one of their kids. Personally, I think Kenzie and Ethan are cute together. Kenzie's secret (don't worry I'm not giving it away) really bothers me.. it doesn't seem like a happy ending. But I'm sure whatever Julie does will be great and I look forward to it! Also, if you read Iron Prophecy, there's another twist. I'm interested to see how that will play into the story:)

Ishika Ok, spoiler alert.. don't read it you haven't read Lost Prince.
Kenzie's secret is that she has leukemia and probably won't live to see 30.

Danyel Anastasiou Yep I got the feeling see was sick after she gave up a month of her life to LeNazie. As to Julie pulling a Twilight the child is a boy. You should read Summer's crossing. Still reading Lost Prince about half way though it. Would like Puck to find someone to love that is new. I don't mind the idea of Ash and Meghan having children. It seems like it is the next logical step.

Italia8989 First of all, there is about a .01% change Julie Kagawa would do this. That aside, she never mentioned Ash and Meghan having a girl. Kierran is their only child so far, and from what I see in "Call of the Forgotten," Puck seems to be interested in Anwyll. What are your thoughts on her?

Italia8989 Ryann wrote: "Italia8989 wrote: "First of all, there is about a .01% change Julie Kagawa would do this. That aside, she never mentioned Ash and Meghan having a girl. Kierran is their only child so far, and from ..."

Thanks for your input. I can't stand her either. She is typical and is kind of there to help out the group. There is nothing special about her; she was not even exiled for an interesting reason. I am still kind of afraid Puck might end up with her. Personally, I think it would be cool if Julie set him up with some random, talented human....

message 49: by Nadia (new) - added it

Nadia hmmm never thought puck was gay
he always seemed straight till now....

Italia8989 What Oracle's prophecy? That must be in the sequel, which I have not read yet. Wow, I have never had a dream of characters from my books before, but I think a precognition is possible regarding what you say. Yeah, um ... I have no idea what the person above you is referring to. ☺

« previous 1