Love Inspired Books discussion

What do Love Inspired Suspense readers love and hate?

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sandra (new)

Sandra Orchard (wwwsandraorchardcom) | 30 comments As a new LIS author, I'm curious about the likes and dislikes of loyal readers. I enjoy reading LIS books because I like a fast-paced, suspense filled, romantic, clean read that won't leave any yucky images in my head. A read that will inspire me to be a better person without being preachy. I love the protector heroes, and romantic tension that makes my chest ache. And I love being able to finish the book in an evening.

What about you? What makes you fall in love with the hero? What makes you want to throw the book against the wall?

message 2: by Judy (new)

Judy I like everything you mention. Just fast paced and smooth with non-perfect heroes. I like most of what I read so I can't think of a situation that I don't like.

I like it when I'm surprised but if the rest is good it don't bother me if I do figure out early on who is guilty.

message 3: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 517 comments Im not sure I love a good story. I love the different settings the LIS are in. Not sure what I love in a hero but I do like them not to be perfect. Yes protector heros are good. I like that in alot we dont know who is the bad person for quite awhile in the book. I dont like weak heroines. I dont mind them being scared with whats happening but I dont like helpless women. I love how in LI they all are capable in their own ways. Fear is healthy.

message 4: by Judy (new)

Judy I get frustrated in a book when the woman gives into someone too easy. I think that don't happen as much in LI or LIH. I usually scream in my head NO!!! Make him work for your love but no they always give in on the first kiss.

message 5: by Sandra (new)

Sandra Orchard (wwwsandraorchardcom) | 30 comments Thanks you've given me lots of great things to keep in mind as I write!

message 6: by Love Inspired (new)

Love Inspired Books (loveinspiredbooks) | 1035 comments Mod
I really hate anything where the characters do something clearly stupid. The best example I can think of are the old 80's slasher movies which I hate (and refuse to watch) where they know there's a killer in the woods, but the girls go out dressed inappropriately, split up, and lo and behold, they die. I really hate illogical moves like that- or when the characters have a very stupid reason for not calling the police.

I recently read a book (not LIS) that had these shady characters moving in to town claiming to be someone they weren't, and not one person checked out their story. When the heroine finally did (midway through the book) and found out that they were lying, she didn't call the police. Granted, had the police been called in chapter one (which is what any logical person would have done), there wouldn't have been a story.

So those are my pet peeves. I love mysteries, I love suspense, but as soon as the main characters violate logic/safety/etc, I start praying the bad guy will get them good. :)

Dream

message 7: by Judy (new)

Judy Love Inspired wrote: "I really hate anything where the characters do something clearly stupid. The best example I can think of are the old 80's slasher movies which I hate (and refuse to watch) where they know there's a..."

Love your comment! I was never into those movies either. When I was young we were not allowed to watch Dark Shadows and my cousin and I snuck once but we both ran out of my house leaving our shoes and everything to run 2 doors down to grandma's. The music before the show scared us! But the thought of being in a baby doll nighty with no weapon and slinking throught the dark house into the night, your right... let the bad guy have them!

message 8: by Sandra (new)

Sandra Orchard (wwwsandraorchardcom) | 30 comments That's hilarious!

message 9: by Love Inspired (new)

Love Inspired Books (loveinspiredbooks) | 1035 comments Mod
Speaking of stupid decisions, did anyone see Burn Notice last night? I can't believe he was dumb enough to pick up the gun.