South Charlotte Book Club discussion

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Terria (new)

Terria Catherman Greetings everyone. I'm looking for a book club to join and this one caught my eye. Can ya'll tell me if you've already met for July? If so........when is the next meeting.... and who is in charge of the group? I signed up with my e-mail address, is there anything else I need to do? :-)

message 2: by Beth (new)

Beth Hi, Terria: Thanks for your interest in our book club. We will look forward to meeting you in August, as the July meeting took place last week.

If you can't finish "House of Leaves" in time, please feel free to come and say hello anyway. It's quite long, so I'm sure you won't be the only one!

To learn about the August meeting, please go back to the group home page and click on "August Book Club" in the Events section. Or just wait for the invite I sent you a few moments ago.

Thanks,
Beth

P.S. As for who is "in charge" of the group, I guess that's me -- I do all the arranging and such. If you'll take a minute to read the Group Rules, you'll see that all I ask is that you RSVP for the meetings so I know how many people I need to reserve space for. It's pretty much just "don't blow off book club."

message 3: by Terria (new)

Terria Catherman Thank you so much for the invite Beth. I RSVP'd and am looking forward to meeting you in August:-)

message 4: by Terria (new)

Terria Catherman Terria wrote: "Thank you so much for the invite Beth. I RSVP'd and am looking forward to meeting you in August:-)"

Beth wrote: "Hi, Terria: Thanks for your interest in our book club. We will look forward to meeting you in August, as the July meeting took place last week.

If you can't finish "House of Leaves" in time, pleas..."

I thought......."I'll finish this book in time... no problem" ...ummmmmm...no.
I'm struggling with this one. Should I skip this month and start with September's selection?

message 5: by Beth (new)

Beth I think a lot of people will be in your same boat. This was definitely the toughest book we've gotten through. As long as you don't mind if those of us who have finished discuss the ending in front of you, please feel free to come and meet the group!

Thanks,
Beth

message 6: by Terria (new)

Terria Catherman Ok... I'm not alone then.....lol.