Love Inspired Historicals discussion

Member's Blogs/Book Cover Images

Comments Showing 1-50 of 160 (160 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Judy (new)

Judy I just started a blog but it is harder then I thought and I'm not sure I like the google one I chose. What are some of the free sites some of you use?

I mostly started mine as I needed it for something else I'm on. It was a benefit to show I had one but I'm just unhappy with how it looks.

If anyone has time I would appreciate hearing about other blog sites. Where they are free, easy to use and mabye allow links.

Also if you could visit mine and give me any ideas.

http://justjudysjumbles.blogspot.com/

message 2: by Lyn (new)

Lyn (lyncote) | 1644 comments Mod
Looks interesting, Judy! BTW, Patty Smith Hill a brand new LIH author is on my blog today. Drop by and leave a comment so she doesn't feel bad, okay? http://bit.ly/gRCEBN

message 3: by Judy (new)

Judy Done. Thanks Lyn.

message 4: by Paula-O (new)

Paula-O (kyflo130) | 2257 comments Her face is so familiar I know I must have read some of her books. thanks for sharing Lyn.

message 5: by Jillian (new)

Jillian (JillianHart) Judy--I like the colors you used. : )

message 6: by Judy (new)

Judy Thanks Jillian! I would like to be able to put links to some of LI authors or books but either I can't or the site is smarter then me. Like my new phone :-) People should not own such smart phones, it can be frustrating or push one to become smarter!

message 7: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4952 comments Judy you mean in the side or the actual post?
you can put it in in your post just put the link then go to the link tool and link it.
on the side you can choose one of add ones where you can put in the html for the links. haven't time to explain right now as i have to go to work but will be back.

message 8: by Judy (new)

Judy I just found that and I'm getting ready to add some author links to it.

message 9: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (mblisa) | 305 comments Judy, I like your blog, Im your first follower!

I have a reading blog at http://readingnks.blogspot.com/

Im planning another post this week about a book that I won from another blogsite.

Ive heard of Wordpress for Blogs - not sure if Wordpress is free or not?...

message 10: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (mblisa) | 305 comments Lyn wrote: "Looks interesting, Judy! BTW, Patty Smith Hill a brand new LIH author is on my blog today. Drop by and leave a comment so she doesn't feel bad, okay? http://bit.ly/gRCEBN"

heading over to your blog Lyn! =)

message 11: by Judy (new)

Judy I have put all the authors who are friends here on my goodreads list and Ausjenny on my blog with links. Nothing fancy. I'm learning. If I did not get your link just add it here and I'll get it.

message 12: by Carla (last edited Jul 13, 2011 12:00AM) (new)

Carla Capshaw (carlacapshaw) | 987 comments Mod
Judy wrote: "I just started a blog but it is harder then I thought and I'm not sure I like the google one I chose. What are some of the free sites some of you use?

I mostly started mine as I needed it for so..."

***Hi Judy,

I just checked out your blog. I love the name and the colors are fun. Thanks for adding me to your list of author pages. Very sweet of you!

Melissa, your blog is lovely, too. Lots of interesting things to look at.

I'm following you both now, so I'll be looking forward to what you have share.

Hugs!!

message 13: by Carla (new)

Judy wrote: "I have put all the authors who are friends here on my goodreads list and Ausjenny on my blog with links. Nothing fancy. I'm learning. If I did not get your link just add it here and I'll get it."

***I like how everything is neat and orderly. It makes it easy to navigate.

message 14: by Judy (new)

Judy Thanks Carla! The more I play the better I like it but there are still some things like centering the name and such that it don't have available. Thus the *** on it.

message 15: by Carla (new)

Judy wrote: "Thanks Carla! The more I play the better I like it but there are still some things like centering the name and such that it don't have available. Thus the *** on it."

***Oh, don't worry, you'll get it just the way you want it. In the meantime, it's pretty as it is. :-)

message 16: by Judy (new)

Judy Thanks!

So many of you have really great websites. I probably won't do much more than reviews on mine. And add links so I can find everyone easily :-)

message 17: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4952 comments Judy you mean in the title or the posts. you can do it in posts. in the title if you do your own as an image you can center it otherwise it doesn't give the option.

message 18: by Judy (new)

Judy I mean the title.
I would like to put a picture in the background but that is not an option either. This is a free google blog. Can't gripe too much with free can I. I put your blog there Jenny.

message 19: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4952 comments thanks I saw that. most blogs are free. mine is the same as yours but I created the image with the name myself.

message 20: by Judy (new)

Judy I'm the one with a smart phone that outsmarted me so I don't think I'll be designing any images myself. But who knows, there is always hope :-)

message 21: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4952 comments When you work out what sort of image you want and the title let me know and I will see what I can do for you. I did my own header.

message 22: by Judy (new)

Judy Thanks. I should have looked around better at the blog sites. I was going to use word press and then hubby suggested google. Google was simpler and I don't need anything fancy.

Off to read a book for review before I go to sleep, although I should be in bed now. I been bad the last few nights about staying up until 2:00am and getting up with hubby by 5:45am.

message 23: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4952 comments its easy to add a pic of the book you review too just google it or go to good reads or where its sold and save a copy to your computer. I have a folder called blogs.
then click the image image on your new post and you can upload it from the folder and its on your post.

message 24: by Judy (new)

Judy Thanks again. Are you fully recovered? If I don't answer again, I'm probably sleeping. Its getting closer to that time although I'm reading a good book, Love Finds a Home by Wanda Brunstetter.

message 25: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4952 comments Nope. thats fine I just had a bath and missed a telecaller! not unhappy at all. gone from the scam ones to lots of charity ones. whats annoying is the last wanted $64 for a bear and 50 would go to the charity. I said I cant afford it. She said we can delay the charge for 6 weeks. What part of I cant afford it dont you understand! I give to charities but not on the phone and not when they set an amount and dont want smaller amounts.
oh the nope not fully recovered. I still dont feel 100% I decided to get the antibiotics filled as I have had a couple of times where I felt so sick for about an hour so decided to try the antibiotics. I do have more energy.

message 26: by Melissa (last edited Jul 13, 2011 07:48AM) (new)

Melissa (mblisa) | 305 comments Carla wrote: "Judy wrote: "I just started a blog but it is harder then I thought and I'm not sure I like the google one I chose. What are some of the free sites some of you use?

I mostly started mine as I nee..."

Thanks for the nice notes about my blog Carla.

Judy, If there is anything that I can help you with, just let me know.. =)

message 27: by Paula-O (new)

Paula-O (kyflo130) | 2257 comments You have done a great job Judy. Like your blog, you will learn as you go and before you know it you will be a PRO.... Have fun that is the important thing about a blog I think.

message 28: by Renee (new)

Renee (steelergirl83) | 211 comments I review a lot of Christian fiction, some romance and some YA/paranormal fiction at my blog, Black 'n Gold Girls Book Spot. I'm almost to 200 followers so I'm pretty excited!

Judy, I've been using Blogger for a long time now and I really like it. A few weeks back they had some major issues that shut them down for a few days but it rarely happens. I definitely think that Blogger is probably the easiest to use since I have worked with Wordpress before and it was kind of confusing for me. Good luck with your blog!

message 29: by Lyn (new)

Cool blog, Renee!

message 30: by Renee (new)

Renee (steelergirl83) | 211 comments Thanks Lyn! :-)

message 31: by Judy (new)

Judy Renee- I will add a link to your page. I'll need to find out what you do. Your site is great. I will add it under my friends sites list.

Do you think I need to clarify that not all the authors are writers of Christian literature? Just the majority happen to be LI ones.

message 32: by Renee (new)

Renee (steelergirl83) | 211 comments Hi Judy! I didn't see your followers button when I first visited your site but I found it when I went back and I became a follower! I don't think you need to clarify that not all authors write Christian literature unless you want to, it's all just about personal taste i guess.
Thanks for adding me under your friends list, I'll be sure and do the same.

message 33: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (mblisa) | 305 comments Judy wrote: "I just started a blog but it is harder then I thought and I'm not sure I like the google one I chose. What are some of the free sites some of you use?

I mostly started mine as I needed it for so..."

Judy, Ive added your blog on my blog listing..the left side of my blog page. =)

message 34: by Judy (new)

Judy Thanks! I added yours as well.

You could quickly lose a day or more with all these neat blogs out there!

message 35: by Melissa (last edited Jul 13, 2011 10:26AM) (new)

Melissa (mblisa) | 305 comments Judy wrote: "Thanks! I added yours as well.

You could quickly lose a day or more with all these neat blogs out there!"

Thanks for adding me to your blog!

I agree! I love book blogs and recipe blogs..not to mention blog hops! ( have you seen those? )..
Ive been at my computer all morning..better get busy with other chores.. =)

message 36: by Judy (new)

Judy I was caught up on blog ring around Christmas I think. I forgot where I started but it was recipes on each site.

message 37: by Judy (new)

Judy I was just going down my author list on Fictiondb and I think I could run out of blog space before I get them all on there. And yet I like them all.

message 38: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennafraugh) | 4102 comments I follow Renee, Lyn, and Ausjenny! I will have to follow you too. My blog isn't anything special. Just about me and random funny stories or what I am thinking for the moment. No book blog for me! I have mine mostly to keep up with my friends overseas on mission trips or those who post about their families.

message 39: by Judy (new)

Judy If you want I will add your blog on my site as well Jennifer. Just give me the link.

message 40: by Lyn (new)

Patty Smith Hall is a debut LIH author. She is a guest on this blog today. Drop by and say hi!
http://craftieladiesofromance.blogspo...

message 41: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Eberly (kathyeberly) | 138 comments Judy, your blog is great! I followed it too! I also have a blog. I do reviews on it, but also uplifting little pieces. Feel free to drop by!
authorkathyeberly.blogspot.com

message 42: by Judy (new)

Judy Thanks Kathy. I put your blog under my authors list.

message 43: by Lyn (new)

Jennifer wrote: "I follow Renee, Lyn, and Ausjenny! I will have to follow you too. My blog isn't anything special. Just about me and random funny stories or what I am thinking for the moment. No book blog for me! I..."

Thanks, Jennifer. I try to keep it fresh. I'm honored that people actually follow my blog.

message 44: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (mblisa) | 305 comments Lyn wrote: "Jennifer wrote: "I follow Renee, Lyn, and Ausjenny! I will have to follow you too. My blog isn't anything special. Just about me and random funny stories or what I am thinking for the moment. No bo..."

Lyn, I think your blog is very interesting! and I enjoy visiting it. =)

message 45: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennafraugh) | 4102 comments Judy wrote: "If you want I will add your blog on my site as well Jennifer. Just give me the link."

lol mine isn't that interesting enough to be put into a link on your site!

message 46: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennafraugh) | 4102 comments Lyn wrote: "Jennifer wrote: "I follow Renee, Lyn, and Ausjenny! I will have to follow you too. My blog isn't anything special. Just about me and random funny stories or what I am thinking for the moment. No bo..."

:D Well, you are one of my favorite writers!

message 47: by Judy (new)

Judy Well if you change your mind I'm here. Mine is not all that exciting either. Although an author left a comment on her review I did and that was neat!

message 48: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennafraugh) | 4102 comments lol well at least you review books. Here's mine if you want to see what it looks like. lol I just updated it with stuff about VBS. http://jbrusenhan.blogspot.com/

message 49: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4952 comments Judy do you get any of your books from netgalley or for review purposes? If you do you need to put a note saying you received the book to review. There was a whole lot of talk about this about 18 months ago and you will notice most blog tours will thank the person who gave them the book to review.

message 50: by Judy (new)

Judy I will try and start putting that in there. Thanks Ausjenny! I don't know that I can add that on Amazon, B&N or Christianbook but I can change on 4 others. I'll take a break from my early Roman Empire book (after reading Carla's book I decided to read Brides of the Empire by Darlene Mindrup, it's been waiting on the shelf awhile!)

Going to check your blog now Jennifer

« previous 1 3 4