Awesome Book Lovers =D discussion

Fav Authors

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 37 comments Mod
Share Your Fav Authors and their books. You could also add why you like them. :)

message 2: by Cristen (new)

Cristen I'll take the plunge first!
Favorite authors:
*J.K. Rowling - Do I even need to explain?
*Eoin Colfer - The Artemis Fowl series is a lot of fun, in the words of the author "like Die Hard + Faeries)"
*L.M. Montgomery - I grew up on Anne of Green Gables
*Carrie Jones - The Need series = addictive
*Cassandra Clare - City of Bones series is great, it's like a fantasy melting pot
*Dan Brown - Angels & Demons was an awesome book, very intelligently written
*David Sedaris - Me Talk Pretty One Day is so hilarious, I almost peed my pants reading it
*Jane Austen - Mr. Darcy sweeps me off my feet every time...makes me wish I were Elizabeth

This is only a short list, I could go on but I would probably be here all day

message 3: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 37 comments Mod
Cristen wrote: "I'll take the plunge first!
Favorite authors:
*Eoin Colfer - The Artemis Fowl series is a lot of fun, in the words of the author "like Die Hard + Faeries)..."

lol to the J.K. Rowling, no you don't have to explain. i luv her tooo!!!!!!

I'M IN LOVE WITH HARRY POTTER!
i don't know how ppl say tht twilight is BETTER than it or tht HP sucks :o

message 4: by Aisha (new)

Aisha A. | 18 comments yeah well did u even read twilight yet the movies do stink though........................

message 5: by Kae (new)

Kae Santiago (mrsdaemonblack) | 62 comments In particular order:

Suzanne Collins, Hunger games trilogy
Becca Fitzpatrick, Hush Hush Series
Richelle Mead, Vampire Academy & Succubus Series
Rick Riordan, Percy Jackson and the Olympians & Heroes of the Olympus
Cassandra Clare, Mortal Instruments & Infernal Devices
Stephenie Meyer,Twilight Saga & The Host trilogy
Alexandra Adornetto, Halo

message 6: by Aya (new)

Aya E. (book_worm98) | 34 comments Aisha wrote: "yeah well did u even read twilight yet the movies do stink though........................"

personally between the books and movies. I like the movies better. At ;east you can see pictures and stuff.

message 7: by Aya (new)

Aya E. (book_worm98) | 34 comments Cristen wrote: "I'll take the plunge first!
Favorite authors:
*Eoin Colfer - The Artemis Fowl series is a lot of fun, in the words of the author "like Die Hard + Faeries)..."

I LOVE ANNE OF GREEN GABLES!!!!!! It's sooooooo sad and sooo good. I loved it! i finally found someone who actually likes it :P

message 8: by Cristen (new)

Cristen Yay Aya! That's awesome! I've been a fan of Anne since I was little. It's on my bucket list to go to Prince Edward Island someday. It sounds so beautiful! The TV mini-series they made in the 80's is good too!

message 9: by Kae (new)

Kae Santiago (mrsdaemonblack) | 62 comments is it that really good? man, i wanna read it. bella metioned that in breaking dawn, i think. :)

message 10: by Cristen (new)

Cristen Really? I don't remember her mentioning it in that book...but to answer your question, yes Anne is a great series. The language is a bit old-fashioned (since it was written in the early 1900's) but I like that sort of thing, and even if you don't the story line is great.

message 11: by Aya (new)

Aya E. (book_worm98) | 34 comments Cristen wrote: "Yay Aya! That's awesome! I've been a fan of Anne since I was little. It's on my bucket list to go to Prince Edward Island someday. It sounds so beautiful! The TV mini-series they made in the 80's i..."

i love love love love PEI!!!!!! I love the museum/house thing they have their. Its sooo adorable. You should totally go there someday. I live in Nova Scotia so its like 5 hours away from us.

i use to love tht show!! im not sure if its the same thing. but its called Anne of Green Gables: the animated series....... is tht it. i use to love tht when i was little.

ok im blabbing :p

message 12: by Aya (new)

Aya E. (book_worm98) | 34 comments Kae wrote: "is it that really good? man, i wanna read it. bella metioned that in breaking dawn, i think. :)"

its really good. a bit old but i like it!

message 13: by Cristen (new)

Cristen @ Aya's message # 11

I heard they did an animated series, I never saw that. The one I'm talking about is live action with Megan Follows playing Anne, it's a really good adaptation.

That's cool that you live in Nova Scotia. As far as Canada goes, I've only been to Vancouver and Alberta - but PEI is definitely on my list!

message 14: by Aya (last edited Jul 20, 2011 07:14AM) (new)

Aya E. (book_worm98) | 34 comments cool! Did u go to Edmonton mall? is it true everyhing has like a world. Like Shoe World or T-Shirt World? Thts at my friend said.

I've always wanted to go to BC it seems nice.
where do u live?-- like country

message 15: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 37 comments Mod
She lives in Santa Barbara, California, USA. (i got it from her profile thingy)

message 16: by Cristen (last edited Jul 20, 2011 09:22AM) (new)

Cristen Aya wrote: "cool! Did u go to Edmonton mall? is it true everyhing has like a world. Like Shoe World or T-Shirt World? Thts at my friend said.

I've always wanted to go to BC it seems nice.
where do u live?..."

I liked both Vancouver and Alberta. I was quite young when I went to Vancouver but I remember liking it. I was older when I went to Alberta, I was there mostly for the Calgary Stampede, a leadership conference, and then I got to stay on my host family's farm, which was very cool. I didn't make it to Edmonton, though I heard about it.

And yes, I do live in Santa Barbara, California, (originally from Ventura, California), but I've lived in L.A. too. Santa Barbara is a nice city, a bit on the expensive side though...but very pretty (it's about 2 hours north of L.A.)

message 17: by Aya (new)

Aya E. (book_worm98) | 34 comments Thats so cool! i've always wanted to go to California mostly L.A.
do you see any celebs?

message 18: by Cristen (new)

Cristen Occasionally, but not that often. I live a bit too north of L.A. to see them that often, although some have houses near here.

message 19: by Kae (new)

Kae Santiago (mrsdaemonblack) | 62 comments coooool!!!

message 20: by Aya (new)

Aya E. (book_worm98) | 34 comments omg thts so awesome?
who did u see Justin Beiber???
Selena Gomez??
Lady Gaga??
Katy Perry?
Adam Sandler??

message 21: by Aya (new)

Aya E. (book_worm98) | 34 comments ok the adam sandler one is a bit out context

message 22: by Cristen (new)

Cristen Ha ha, no I've only seen a few. Anthony Hopkins, Kirstin Dunst(not sure if that's the right spelling of her name?), and Heidi Klum. Those are all I can remember. It really wasn't all that exciting, they were just out and about doing normal things.

message 23: by Aya (new)

Aya E. (book_worm98) | 34 comments thts still cool. the closest i got to a celebrity is The Wiggles. (I watched it with my little bro)