The Mystery, Crime, and Thriller Group discussion

Television/Movie Mysteries > Rizzoli and Isles

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Donna, Co-Moderator (last edited Jul 12, 2011 07:44AM) (new)

Donna | 2178 comments Mod
Did anyone see last night's new season opener?

message 2: by Diane S ☔ (new)

Diane S ☔ | 158 comments Yes I did and actually have Gerristens new book also, though I haven't read this yet? Did you like it, the mom and dad divorce thing kind of surprised me but I do love how bossy Maura is.

message 3: by Susan (new)

Susan | 69 comments I saw the season opener and enjoyed it. The mom and dad divorce thing surprised me too.

message 4: by Fiona (Titch) (new)

Fiona (Titch) Hunt (titch) The UK are getting it today. Alibi @ 10pm on channels (Sky 132) and (Virgin 130)

message 5: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennifersternberg) | 6 comments I have only seen one episode of the show, but I love Angie harmon so I bought the 1st book in the series - The Surgeon. I loved it!! Excellent mystery with a medical twist!

message 6: by Martha (new)

Martha (marthas48) I love the series. Have read one or two of the books and remember liking them.

message 7: by Jannene (new)

Jannene | 771 comments I've read 2 of the series so far and started on the 3rd. I love them as well. I always record my TV show too. ;)

☕️Kimberly   (kimbacaffeinate) I haven't misses an episode and i enjoy them. I have read all of Tess's work.

message 9: by Barbara (new)

Barbara (barbara55) | 9 comments I've not missed an episode of the series (love Angie Harmon). Didn't realize the series was based on novels until I watched it. So, am working my way through the books. Up to
Vanish (Jane Rizzoli & Maura Isles, #5) by Tess Gerritsen Tess Gerritsen Tess Gerritsen
I actually like the relationship between them better in the series than the books so far. They seem much closer friends. Maybe that changes (don't tell me!) as the books progress. Looking forward to them all. But I'm alternating between R&I and Myron Bolitar (up to)

The Final Detail (Myron Bolitar, #6) by Harlan Coben Harlan Coben Harlan Coben
and Presidental Agent (up to)
The Shooters (The Presidential Agent #4) by W.E.B. Griffin W.E.B. Griffin
You people have done a number on my TBR list.

☕️Kimberly   (kimbacaffeinate) Barbara wrote: "I've not missed an episode of the series (love Angie Harmon). Didn't realize the series was based on novels until I watched it. So, am working my way through the books. Up to
[bookcover:Vanish|3..."

the books are sooooo much better and the storyline is different!

message 11: by Jannene (new)

Jannene | 771 comments Barbara wrote: "I've not missed an episode of the series (love Angie Harmon). Didn't realize the series was based on novels until I watched it. So, am working my way through the books. Up to
[bookcover:Vanish|3..."

I had felt the same way. I'm reading "The Sinner" right now and they don't seem as close in the book. The looks do not seem right either. Maura has black hair and in the show she has brown and not in goth wardrobe as in the book.

message 12: by Barbara (new)

Barbara (barbara55) | 9 comments Yeah, everytime they talk about Maura in the book I think of Abby on NCIS. And they don't portray Jane as particularly attractive -- so NOT Angie Harmon. But that would have never worked for TV.

message 13: by Batsap (new)

Batsap | 5 comments Ooh, I didn't know there was a R&I TV series, I shall have to look it out. I only have the freeview channels though, bah.

I've read the first two books in the series and enjoyed them. Now I'm trying to find The Sinner.

But if Isles isn't all gothed up, that kind of sucks, because that's my favourite thing about her character.

message 14: by Barbara (new)

Barbara (barbara55) | 9 comments Not sure if it's on in the UK. It's on TNT in the states. Sasha Anderson plays Isles if you know that name.

message 15: by Jannene (new)

Jannene | 771 comments Barbara wrote: "Yeah, everytime they talk about Maura in the book I think of Abby on NCIS. And they don't portray Jane as particularly attractive -- so NOT Angie Harmon. But that would have never worked for TV."

That is exactly how I picture her! Just like Abby with a tattoo, goth boots, and a dog collar. ;)

message 16: by Deanne (new)

Deanne | 94 comments Barbara
In the UK it's on tuesday on alibi at 10pm, 3rd episode this week.

message 17: by Barbara (new)

Barbara (barbara55) | 9 comments Glad you found it. It's good.

message 18: by Curlyhair (new)

Curlyhair | 186 comments I'm watching this now in the UK and love it.

message 19: by Chris (new)

Chris Stanley (christinelstanley) | 44 comments I have started watching this too, and it's good so far. I don't watch much TV, but it was nice to sit on the sofa with my feet up and a cuppa on Tuesday night!

message 20: by Carrie (new)

Carrie Rubin (carrierubin) Sometimes I think the silly humor is at odds with the serious homicide story, but for the most part it works. Plus, the cast is so enjoyable. I like the new story line of Rizzoli's boyfriend having spinal surgery.

message 21: by Scout (new)

Scout (goodreadscomscout) | 1358 comments Not a great series, but I watch when I want light entertainment.

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

I missed a few episodes. Hope to catch up when it's on indemand.

message 23: by Katherine (new)

Katherine Decker | 8 comments Does anyone know when the series is starting up again?

message 24: by Carrie (new)

Carrie Rubin (carrierubin) Katherine wrote: "Does anyone know when the series is starting up again?"

Looks like it's coming back on June 25th.