Five Smooth Stones Five Smooth Stones discussion

Five Smooth Stones

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Tracey Didn't get to finish it. It's the only book I've never finished. The pages fell out.

message 2: by Linmet (new)

Linmet I urge you to get a new copy (used book store or Amazon). It's worrth it.

Thom Swennes I first read it more than twenty years ago but still remember it fondly. I also suggest you buy, beg, borrow or steal another copy and finish it.

Maryfrances It is one of the few books I would consider reading a second time!

Calista I read this in highschool and did a book report on it. I still have the book report in my things. Its so funny to see how I expressed my opinions about the book when I was a teen.

Calista Thom wrote: "I first read it more than twenty years ago but still remember it fondly. I also suggest you buy, beg, borrow or steal another copy and finish it."

I agree. I too, read it about 20 yrs ago. It was excellent

message 7: by Lyn (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lyn I too read this years and years ago, but remember it being one great read. Have just added it to my booklist - I'd forgotten all about it!

message 8: by Dorothy (new)

Dorothy Goodwin I discovered this book when it was first published. A southern white woman in her mid 40s, I can truly say it changed my life. It brought to life almost every public personality of the Black race -- the followers of Martin Luther King and of Malcolm X -- the entertainers and the agitators and the Uncle Toms. It also described me. And my family and my neighbors. I became a quiet crusader because of David Chamblin. I know nothing of Ann Fairbairn but I'd love to learn that she has been honored for this book.