Great African Reads discussion

Books, Books, Books > 10 Young Authors You Should Know

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Marieke, Former guide & Chief Chatterbox (new)

Marieke | 2838 comments Mod
i only know six of these authors and have yet to read from all of them...

message 2: by Mahriana (new)

Mahriana Rofheart | 84 comments yikes - I really need to do some catching up! I don't know a lot of these, and I've only read something by one of them! Thanks so much for this list. It's great.

message 3: by Nina (new)

Nina Chachu | 205 comments I hadn't seen this list before. Here is a link to the first of the 10 or actually 11 http://flavorwire.com/186592/10-young... I think I have read something from six of them, and have two on my TBR shelves, but there are some I haven't heard of.

So thanks for pointing this out Marieke!

message 4: by Muphyn (new)

Muphyn | 816 comments Wow, thanks for posting this! Not only do they seem to write really well, they all look really gorgeous (sorry, I got sidetracked by the beautiful photos, esp. by Olufemi Terry! :D )

message 5: by Amalie (new)

Amalie Thanks so much for posting this. I'm not familiar with any unfortunately but now I'll be on the look out for their work.

message 6: by Marieke, Former guide & Chief Chatterbox (new)

Amalie wrote: "Thanks so much for posting this. I'm not familiar with any unfortunately but now I'll be on the look out for their work."

Thanks, Amalie! i was happy to find it myself. i may try to get something semi-organized going here at the group (in addition to the Tour) that focuses on authors such as these...

message 7: by Ming (new)

Ming | 2 comments Granta just issued a list of 20 young British novelists. It's a pretty diverse group. http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2013/...

message 8: by Marieke, Former guide & Chief Chatterbox (new)

Thanks, Ming! A good reminder I still haven't read the Helen Oyeyi book I bought ages and ages ago.....

message 9: by Kenechi (new)

Kenechi Udogu (trixycae) | 13 comments Interesting list. Thank you

message 10: by Christine (new)

Christine (inhalesbookslikepopcorn) Interesting list. Just saw it now and put some on my TBR. It's never too late to catch up thankfully.

message 11: by Laura (new)

Laura | 262 comments Gosh. I only know 3! Thanks for sharing