Books are my life... discussion

ARCHIVES > My Reading

Comments Showing 1-48 of 48 (48 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Teri-lynn (new)

Teri-lynn (bookworm31) Just thought that I would start a Discussion on books that I have read and give out my thoughts....I am currently reading the Count of Monte Cristo....I have been reading it since May and I found the beginning quite intriguing and the middle not so much but now that I am 3 quarters of the way through I find that I should have been paying more to the middle so I have to go back through and re-read some chapters....I have found the grade saver website very helpful for this purpose!!!

I do hope that others will respond to this discussion as I would love to read books that you have all found enjoyable!

My all time Fav books are Anee of Green Gables, Where the red Fern Grows, P.S I love you and My Sisters Keeper....Just to throw that out there.

Enjoy reading and I hope to hear from you soon

Teri-Lynn

message 2: by Teri-lynn (new)

Teri-lynn (bookworm31) Just finished Anne of Windy Poplars...I am so in love with Anne Shirley....I have loved her ever since I was a little girl.
My favorite book so far from the Series is still Anne of Green Gables, but I as I am older now since reading Anne of Green Gables I find that as Anne matures I can still connect with her.
For those of you who have not read about the Canadian Red Head then I suggest picking up a copy and enjoy reading all about her....I promise you will not regret it!!!

message 3: by Teri-lynn (new)

Teri-lynn (bookworm31) Still plugging away at the count of monte cristo...finding it harder and harder to put down...

I am also reading a visit from the goon squad and I think I need to finish the count of monte cristo in order to give the goon squad my full attention...been reading alot of the reviews that u have made regarding this book and I am very interested in finishing it.
I was going to give up on it (which I really did not want to do) but some of the comments made make me want to keep going...so THANK you to those that have taken the time to write comments to change my mind
xo

message 4: by Teri-lynn (new)

Teri-lynn (bookworm31) Wow....after 2 months of reading one of the best novels ever I have finally finished the Count Of Monte Cristo...what a wonderfully written novel about sweet??? revenge....revenge doesn't seem so sweet does it Eduard....

message 5: by Teri-lynn (new)

Teri-lynn (bookworm31) Now to complete A Visit from the Goon Squad....I am going to start from the beginning so I can remember and try to focus as it does a lot of jumping from character to character!!!

message 6: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Before I started reading Kissed By An Angel, I read Sleepaway Girls

message 7: by Teri-lynn (new)

Teri-lynn (bookworm31) Hey Amanda....was Sleepaway Girls a good book???

message 8: by Teri-lynn (new)

Teri-lynn (bookworm31) So glad that I decided not to give up on a visit from the goon squad....it is such a good book....must have been to mixed up with the other 3 books I was reading and I went into brain overload!!!!

message 9: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Teri-lynn wrote: "Hey Amanda....was Sleepaway Girls a good book???"

Sleepaway Girls was AMAZING!!! I think you'd really enjoy it :), I rated it 5/5 *stars*

message 10: by Teri-lynn (new)

Teri-lynn (bookworm31) Amanda wrote: "Teri-lynn wrote: "Hey Amanda....was Sleepaway Girls a good book???"

Sleepaway Girls was AMAZING!!! I think you'd really enjoy it :), I rated it 5/5 *stars*"

Thank you very much Amanda!!! I really appreciate it!!!

message 11: by Teri-lynn (new)

Teri-lynn (bookworm31) Wow I think that everyone in their lifetime must read A visit from the Goon Squad....it is such an amazing book...a little hard to follow but the book is amazing!!

message 12: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Teri-lynn wrote: "Amanda wrote: "Teri-lynn wrote: "Hey Amanda....was Sleepaway Girls a good book???"

Sleepaway Girls was AMAZING!!! I think you'd really enjoy it :), I rated it 5/5 *stars*"

Thank you very much Ama..."

No problem :)

message 13: by Teri-lynn (new)

Teri-lynn (bookworm31) Well I have just finished A visit from the goon squad....and it was good. Just one question...what happened to Kitty???
It really does show how small a world we live in....

message 14: by Maxine (new)

Maxine Teri-lynn wrote: "Wow I think that everyone in their lifetime must read A visit from the Goon Squad....it is such an amazing book...a little hard to follow but the book is amazing!!"

I just started this book. I'm only a couple of chapters in and already loving it. After reading your post, I look forward, even more, to finishing it.

message 15: by Teri-lynn (new)

Teri-lynn (bookworm31) Maxine wrote: "Teri-lynn wrote: "Wow I think that everyone in their lifetime must read A visit from the Goon Squad....it is such an amazing book...a little hard to follow but the book is amazing!!"

I just starte..."

I am glad that I could help...I do hope that u enjoy the rest of the story....

message 16: by Teri-lynn (new)

Teri-lynn (bookworm31) Ah....Dracula....now this is another great classic...
As a side note, I find it funny that when people think of Dracula they thing young, gorgeous, clean shaven...when really that is not the case..when we first meet him he is old and has a mustache....the very funny thing is is that Sesame street has made their count to be more like Dracula then any other movie or tv show that I have seen...Just thought that I would throw that out there!!!! lol

message 17: by Teri-lynn (new)

Teri-lynn (bookworm31) Dracula......Can't think of anything to say....Its fabulous. Kinda got boring for a little bit...but it has started picking up again...I have learned from Reading Count of Monte Cristo that the boring parts are the parts that need the most attention as they tie the rest of the book together....

message 18: by Teri-lynn (new)

Teri-lynn (bookworm31) Ok...so when I picked up this book I thought that the love story would be about Dracula as the book is titled after him...but as I am reading I believe that the love story is actually about Mina and Johnathan and Lucy and Arthur...Where does Dracula fit in??? Is he just the creator of the vampires and he is just hidden in the back ground???
I am still not sure that I understand why he turns into a bat???

message 19: by Teri-lynn (new)

Teri-lynn (bookworm31) Very Frustrated at this moment....I have been cruising around on here because I spend more time on here the facebook...and I have come across 2 books that I would very much like to read but can't find them at my library...the first is "Vampire Shift" by Tim O'Rourke and the second being "Seeing Julia" by Katherine Owen.
Grr...I hate when I go to the library and cannot find the book(s) I am looking for...it makes me so frustrated. Especially since I have 5 libraries in my community that are all grouped together...*screaming and pulling out hair* :(

message 20: by Teri-lynn (new)

Teri-lynn (bookworm31) Half way through Dracula....kinda don't want it to end.
Does anyone else have that problem...reading only a few pages at a time to prolong the inevitable???

message 21: by Amanda (new)

Amanda I'm on the next book Don't Tell in Dark Secrets 1 :). I loved Legacy of Lies :)

message 22: by Teri-lynn (new)

Teri-lynn (bookworm31) Those are the books that follow kissed by an angel correct??

message 23: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Teri-lynn wrote: "Those are the books that follow kissed by an angel correct??"

It doesn't really follow kissed by an angel, it doesn't have the same characters as kissed by an angel, but they kinda have the same kind of story.

message 24: by Teri-lynn (new)

Teri-lynn (bookworm31) So I am almost at the end of Dracula and its spectacular as I have said countless times....I picked up the book FAUNA and it is so different from all the other books that I have read, and yet one of the best...It is based in Toronto and its about the animal life in a big city and the characters are all taking care of them...Please read it is a definite must!!!

message 25: by Teri-lynn (new)

Teri-lynn (bookworm31) Amanda wrote: "Teri-lynn wrote: "Those are the books that follow kissed by an angel correct??"

It doesn't really follow kissed by an angel, it doesn't have the same characters as kissed by an angel, but they k..."

Thanks for the info I appreciate it!!!

message 26: by Teri-lynn (new)

Teri-lynn (bookworm31) Very excited...just put Watership Down on hold at the library....can't wait to pick it up!!!!

message 27: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Teri-lynn wrote: "Amanda wrote: "Teri-lynn wrote: "Those are the books that follow kissed by an angel correct??"

It doesn't really follow kissed by an angel, it doesn't have the same characters as kissed by an ange..."

No problem:)

message 28: by Teri-lynn (new)

Teri-lynn (bookworm31) Finished Dracula...Very disappointed in that book. I thought that it would be scary but I found it very boring. I thoroughly enjoyed the beginning and the Character Renfield, but other then that I found it very drawn out.

Also I was not to impressed that Dracula was not really a main Character. He's always talked about but as far as being in the story as a character himself is only at the beginning and at the end.

I am glad that I read it, but I believe that my expectations were way to high on this one, and that disappoints me too.

message 29: by Teri-lynn (new)

Teri-lynn (bookworm31) Finished Fauna....I did not like the way the book ended.
It was a good book up until about 100 pages left. I felt that it left a lot of questions about some of the Characters unanswered.

I liked the idea of the story, how 5 strangers are brought together through their love of animals.

I felt that something was missing at the end. The end just didn't add up for me.

message 30: by Teri-lynn (new)

Teri-lynn (bookworm31) Watership Down is the book that I am currently reading now, I am not all that far into the book but I have to say that I have NEVER read anything like it....The Characters are Rabbits...yes little furry four legged rabbits...it is quite captivating really...Rabbits apparently have their own language, and some of the words are laugh out loud funny!!!

message 31: by Teri-lynn (new)

Teri-lynn (bookworm31) I am really enjoying Watership Down....I find that as I am sitting outside or driving in the car, I often look into the fields and wonder if Fiver or Pipkin or any of the other bunnies are running around trying to get to a safe place...

message 32: by Teri-lynn (new)

Teri-lynn (bookworm31) I am really enjoying Watership Down....I find that as I am sitting outside or driving in the car, I often look into the fields and wonder if Fiver or Pipkin or any of the other bunnies are running around trying to get to a safe place...

message 33: by Teri-lynn (new)

Teri-lynn (bookworm31) Wow...it has been awhile since I have posted on here...life is getting in the way of my reading!! lol I guess that is what happens when you have 2 kids, a husband, a dog and a part time job!!!!

I have finished Watership Down and I really enjoyed it....I still talk about it!!

Currently I am reading The Book of Lost Things..I have to admit when I first started this book I wasn't too sure I was going to enjoy it, but I do have to say that I can't put it down!!! It is a very dark novel, and I feel very sad when I read it, but I would recommend it to everyone!!

message 34: by Teri-lynn (new)

Teri-lynn (bookworm31) *sigh*....I have read sooo many books since I last wrote....I am currently reading Pillars o\f the Earth....Don Quioxte...and a Connecticut Yankee in Kin g Arthur's Court.....

Pillars of the earth....Such a fantastic book!!! I do recommend it for those of u who like to read history or love stories. It has a little bit o\f everything!!!

message 35: by Teri-lynn (new)

Teri-lynn (bookworm31) Well.........It has been a while since I have posted here...Ok...I will not go and talk about all the books that I have read this year now because that would take too long...Just a note to say that I have not finished Connecticut Yankee in king Arthur's court or Don Quiote
I have read 34 books which is a personal best for me....so it's been an alright year for reading!!!

The book I have just finished reading is The art of racing in the rain....It was fantastic....I will definitely be reading that one again...It is through the eyes of a dog and he tells the story of his family. Beautifully written.

message 36: by Teri-lynn (new)

Teri-lynn (bookworm31) Now I am starting The Perks of being a Wallflower, and I don't know about you but I love books that are written in the form of Diaries and letters and emails and that kind of thing so I am really looking forward to this book....Have any of you read it....please let me know your thoughts about this book....just please don't spoil it for me!!!! Happy Reading

message 37: by Teri-lynn (new)

Teri-lynn (bookworm31) ok....SO i KNOW I said I was going to read perks of being a wallflower, but I think I am going to finish Connecticut Yankee in King Artur's Court!!!

message 38: by Teri-lynn (new)

Teri-lynn (bookworm31) Haha maybe I will finish A Stolen Life by Jaycee Dugard

message 39: by Teri-lynn (new)

Teri-lynn (bookworm31) finished A Stolen Life by Jaycee Dugard ...finishing up Connecticut Yankee.......

message 40: by Teri-lynn (new)

Teri-lynn (bookworm31) Finally finished A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court by Mark Twain ....now reading The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky

message 41: by Teri-lynn (new)

Teri-lynn (bookworm31) Finished The Perks of Being a Wallflower...very amazing book...really related to "Charlie"...5 stars!

Now reading The Glass Castle...one of my customers told me I had to read it...she was right...AMAZING!

message 42: by Teri-lynn (new)

Teri-lynn (bookworm31) In the The Perks of Being a Wallflower Charlie says that every book he reads becomes his favorite. I have to agree the last books I have read have all become a favorite of mine...They have all touched me in one way or another and THAT is why I love to read

message 43: by Teri-lynn (new)

Teri-lynn (bookworm31) Started The Good Daughters it's really good so far...feels like there is going to be a really big twist to the story

message 44: by Teri-lynn (new)

Teri-lynn (bookworm31) What a twist! Wow...that was awesome..

One my favs!

Now reading The Flight of Gemma Hardy been called a modern day Jane Eyre...we will see

message 45: by Teri-lynn (new)

Teri-lynn (bookworm31) The Flight of Gemma Hardy is really incredible...The poor girl...it breaks my heart knowing what she has been going through...it makes the saying "that which doesn't kill us makes us stronger" stand true.

message 46: by Teri-lynn (new)

Teri-lynn (bookworm31) Gemma has arrived at Blackbird Hall. I have read Jane Eyre so I know that her and Mr. Sinclair are going to end up together but the journey is quite exciting.

message 47: by Teri-lynn (new)

Teri-lynn (bookworm31) The Flight of Gemma Hardy....a little predictable....It really is just like Jane Eyre...still have a while to go but so far it's a re-write....I hate when Authors do this

message 48: by Teri-lynn (new)

Teri-lynn (bookworm31) Don Quixote has been such a troubled read for me...I had to move on for now and tat bothers me. I don't like leaving a book once I start.

Anne of Green Gables: started this one again. I just love her so much.

The Secret Keeper: I love her as an author...this book is full of mystery and intrigue. Hard to follow sometimes, but so far so good.