Smokin' Seventeen (Stephanie Plum, #17) Smokin' Seventeen discussion

Will Stephanie ever get married?

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kelly (new)

Kelly I think it would be a great plot to have her plan a wedding in typical Stephanie style where everything goes wrong! Then the next novels watching her try out domestic life would add lots of drama!

Komal I agree. I'm ready for her to settle down :)

Tara Nienaber I think that could be great!

ஐAndreaஐ I agree! It would totally have to be with Morelli, right?

message 5: by Sandil (new)

Sandil Her sisters kids bug her, she keeps leaving Joes place to go back to her own place, she refuses to learn how to cook but she always cleans up after herself and others. The two men in her life are important to her. In other words, she does not need to marry as in an emotional or sociological need. But she may want to marry. A whole other game. She would need someone who is willing to give her space and she in turn will give them space. Not necessarily physical space but mental space to maintain identity.

message 6: by Lola (last edited Oct 30, 2011 09:54AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lola I would like to see Stephanie settle down, but as to which man she should choose, I'm still undecided.

I think Janet should have Stephanie end up pregnant (especially after she sexed up both men in 17) and not be sure who the father is. The man that tells her he doesn't care whose the baby is, and that he loves her no matter what, is the man for her.

But... I know more than likely, that would end up being Ranger, and well... I'm more a Morelli girl. I have a penchant for italians. :)

Kathleen Yoshida Ranger's always been upfront and honest about never intending to have a "relationship", Joe wanted to marry her. In my opinion after 20 plus books (when you count the in between the numbers novels) Stephanie needs to decide if she wants a committed relationship or not. There is nothing wrong with deciding she never wishes to marry but make that decision already.

A great twist (and pretty realistic one) would be that she finally comes to a decision only to find out she's lost them both.

Kira Kathleen wrote: "Ranger's always been upfront and honest about never intending to have a "relationship", Joe wanted to marry her. In my opinion after 20 plus books (when you count the in between the numbers novels)..."

Kathleen, I totally agree! Just make a decision already!! I find it infuriating that the author does not allow her main characters to grow and develop. I would love to see some decisions made with a few great plot twists along the way. It could definitely breath some new life into this series!!

ஐAndreaஐ I think she doesn't allow Stephanie to develop is because it would bring an end to the series. I think at the end of the series we will see Steph settle down, well as much as Stephanie can. Get married and make some real life choices.

I think part of the reason everone loves Stephanie is that she's a mess. can't decide a man, is always living paycheck to paycheck, can't hold on to a car and the only committment she's had this whole time is to the hamster.

Even Diesel to go hook up before Stephanie.

Jeanie Jackson I think, in the last book she will have Stephanie with a positive pregnancy test not knowing who the father is.
I admit it. Shelly Fredman's most recent Brandy Alexander book gave me the idea, but that is not quite what happened in No Such Thing as a Free Ride.

message 11: by Sue (last edited Jul 08, 2012 06:31AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Sue Personally, I'm in agreement make a decision. The potentially funnier paring would be Joe and Stephanie. Sorry but Ranger definitely has a limited emotional range (by design). The scenarios above had me laugh out loud... Wedding, dealing with kids, life. Oh the potential is rich and would be a great change from the current.

Bottom line, Stephanie it's time decide "fish or cut bait".

Jeanie Jackson Despite the fact that she has "been with" Ranger recently, it looks to me like she is clearly saying that nothing real is going to happen there. Joe almost seems like just friends with benefits. They both love her but I am not sure that either is in love with her.

Jo Ann ஐAndreaஐ wrote: "I agree! It would totally have to be with Morelli, right?"

Absolutely - Morelli for sure!!!

Brandi I think Stefanie should be with Ranger. Her and Morelli are little to much alike. Ranger would calm her down.

Stephanie Kathleen wrote: "Ranger's always been upfront and honest about never intending to have a "relationship", Joe wanted to marry her. In my opinion after 20 plus books (when you count the in between the numbers novels)..."
As far as I can remember, he's never said he didn't want a relationship; he didn't want to get married.
I'm a BIG Ranger fan. I find that Stephanie has more in common with Ranger then Joe.
Not sure if I want to see her get married, but I would like her to finally pick one!