Tampa Ladies Reading Group discussion

New Book?

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (akinderman) Hey everyone! I don't know what you're currently reading right now, but one of the book clubs I am in decided to read "The White Tiger" and "Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil". If you haven't read either, you can read them and we can discuss or we can choose a book just for us to read. What do you think?

message 2: by Sarah (new)

Sarah I haven't read either of those. I'm down for reading anything though.

message 3: by Marti (new)

Marti (meve131) I read "Midnight" years ago. Just read "The Help." really good--highly recommend.

message 4: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (akinderman) I read The Help also and thought it was very good. I'm excited for the movie.

message 5: by Marti (new)

Marti (meve131) yes, me too. right now I'm reading lots of YA stuff since I am going to work in a HS library next year (August). Really liked "Beauty Queens" by Libba Bray. want to read more of her books and also more of Sarah Dessen. guess I need to get some guy books in there, too.

message 6: by Karla (new)

Karla Marie | 7 comments I just finished The Help. Loved it! Have you guys decided on which of the other books to read?

message 7: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (akinderman) We have not, but I'm going to put up a poll for everyone to vote on the next book if that's okay.

message 8: by Karla (new)

Karla Marie | 7 comments Sounds good to me!

message 9: by Karla (new)

Karla Marie | 7 comments do we have a winner?

message 10: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (akinderman) We actually have a 3 way tie, so I'm putting up another poll to break the tie and asking that everyone in the group vote if they want to participate. Poll going up now!

message 11: by Sarah (new)

Sarah I voted for Sister. Sorry it took me so long to vote! Sister sounds really good!

message 12: by Marti (new)

Marti (meve131) Sister looks good to me too.

message 13: by Karla (new)

Karla Marie | 7 comments I'd be down for reading that!

message 14: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (akinderman) Alright ladies, you have spoken! We will be reading Sister by Rosamund Lipton. I will start a new discussion for the book in case anyone wants to talk about while reading (no spoilers please) and then we will have a discussion on September 7 and pick a new book for September. Sound good?

message 15: by Karla (new)

Karla Marie | 7 comments cool! does anyone want to meet in person on September 7?

message 16: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (akinderman) Oh, I didn't even think of that. My husband's birthday is on the 7th so I wouldn't be able to meet. If people seriously want to get together, we can figure out a day that works for everyone. Any suggestions?

message 17: by Deanna5333 (new)

Deanna5333 | 12 comments Yeah!! I actually started the book a few days ago. It's good!! I can meet or discuss online. Weekends work best for me.

message 18: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (akinderman) I'm going to make an executive decision and change the date of discussion to Sept. 10, which is a Saturday. I am also going to make an event for us to meet at a Starbucks somewhat central to everyone on Saturday. If you can come, great, if not, I will still post discussions online for you to participate in.

message 19: by Karla (new)

Karla Marie | 7 comments Awesome! I have something at 2:00 that day, but could meet up at Starbucks anytime before then if that would work for everyone else:)

message 20: by Marti (new)

Marti (meve131) I'm going to download it tonight.