Clamp discussion

Graphic Novel

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dawn (new)

Dawn Tevy (angelswarriors) | 8 comments Hi, just stopping by to share...

If you've ever wanted to see yourself immortalized in the pages of a graphic novel here's your chance...check this kickstarter project out! http://kck.st/r7A1it

message 2: by *Sklip* (new)

*Sklip*  (stalkerninja) | 113 comments You've posted this all over the place o.0

message 3: by Dawn (new)

Dawn Tevy (angelswarriors) | 8 comments I posted to different groups but only once per group ??? What do you mean all over the place?

message 4: by *Sklip* (new)

*Sklip*  (stalkerninja) | 113 comments You joined this group today, just to post this.
And your posted the same thing in other groups

Nevermind

message 5: by Dawn (new)

Dawn Tevy (angelswarriors) | 8 comments Am I not supposed to do that??? I thought this was a social networking site. If I'm not supposed to let me know.

message 6: by Hylian Princess , Hylian-Chan (new)

Hylian Princess  (hylianprincess) | 400 comments Mod
I think it's okay for you to do that.

message 7: by Dawn (new)

Dawn Tevy (angelswarriors) | 8 comments thank you... :D

message 8: by Hylian Princess , Hylian-Chan (new)

I think what stalkergirl was just pointing out that she has seen you post this a few times already. Which I think is okay for you to do.

message 9: by Starbubbles, event coordinator type person (new)

Starbubbles | 649 comments Mod
ThatStalkerGirlBehindYouWhoIsAlsoACreeper *Sklip* wrote: "You joined this group today, just to post this.
And your posted the same thing in other groups

Nevermind"

i noticed that too...
but it is nice to have some conversation here

message 10: by *Sklip* (new)

*Sklip*  (stalkerninja) | 113 comments lol, I didn't meant to come off as hostile
>.<

*is a scary b---- sometimes*

message 11: by Dawn (new)

Dawn Tevy (angelswarriors) | 8 comments Thanks guys, I had only sent it one time actually...I posted to several different groups but only one time per group. I'm thought you would only see it if you were a member of that specicic group.

I am trying to let people know about my kickstarter project and people that are 'into' graphic novels seemed the most appropriate as they would appreciate the new concept the best.

message 12: by Hylian Princess , Hylian-Chan (new)

Makes sense. Using sites like this is a good way to advertise stuff like that.

message 13: by Dawn (new)

Dawn Tevy (angelswarriors) | 8 comments So you would think. It is supposed to be a site about 'networking' but people flag it without ever even looking at it. Im not saying that's what anyone here did, but I did receive a letter from Goodreads telling me that self promotion is frowned upon? So it's OK to do book hops, which promote books yes, but ultimately they are promoting their Blog and what you to visit/join their Blog...if that is not self promotion I don't know what is.

I don't know, I just don't get these 'Social Networking' sites that don't allow you to 'network'.

message 14: by Starbubbles, event coordinator type person (new)

That sounds like a Terms and Conditions issue. I should probably review that again. hmmm.

But yeah, a lot of people here are also in other groups. But if the group isn't set to a private setting, anyone can see and read it, they just can't comment.

message 15: by Dawn (new)

Dawn Tevy (angelswarriors) | 8 comments The thing is if someone other than me, the author, were to post it everywhere they would say nothing...that makes no sense. :s

message 16: by Hylian Princess , Hylian-Chan (new)

That is a little weird. I don't know. I think Starbubbles is right that you should look over the Terms and Conditions.

message 17: by Hylian Princess , Hylian-Chan (new)

So, glancing over the terms, this is what I found: "Subject to the terms and conditions of this agreement, Goodreads grants you permission to use the Service for your personal, non-commercial purposes only. You agree not to engage in any of the following prohibited activities: ...(vii) using the Service for any commercial solicitation purposes..."

However, you can register with Goodreads to advertise.

message 18: by Dawn (new)

Dawn Tevy (angelswarriors) | 8 comments thank you...but it is a project, not an advertisement. If people choose to support they are backing a project not purchasing merchandise. Basically its like PBS television. Technically what I posted is personal and non-commercial because my book is not published.

Either way, I have not posted since the other day.

message 19: by Starbubbles, event coordinator type person (new)

PBS still has to get permission to have things on PBS as well as advertise programing on other channels. Goodreads probably wants some control over what is being advertised on their site to make sure that they are not held responsible if what is being advertised is not on the up and up.

message 20: by Hylian Princess , Hylian-Chan (new)

That's true. I've seen people advertise all over this site, and I don't think anything has been done about it, so you should be okay. As long as your aren't harassing users, no one should say anything about it.