Jennifer Echols Fan Club discussion

Love Story Discussion

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lena ♫ ♪ , Jennifer's Personal Cheerleader (last edited Sep 22, 2011 06:29AM) (new)

Lena ♫ ♪  (addicted2novels) | 73 comments Mod
Hey everyone!

BEWARE: THIS DISCUSSION MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS FOR LOVE STORY. ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK!

I know some of you have already read Love Story, which I have to say, is really, really sexy, so I thought I'd go ahead and start a discussion.

So...umm, those stories Erin and Hunter were writing? *dies*

message 2: by Fred (new)

Fred (flybrariman) The suspense is killin' me!

message 3: by Fred (new)

Fred (flybrariman) Hey everyone, I put up my review, in which I try to get all deep and thoughtful (at a Twitter level of detail, that's all I can handle) about the significance of horses in the story. I know I've mentioned before that one of the things I like about Jennifer's books is that they have those elements from a specialized sport or subculture (band? what do you call that), that add interest, but also reveal things about the story and characters. And those stories? Wow, wish I'd been in a class like that in college! Jennifer is definitely the queen of creating an atmosphere of sexual tension buildup. And resolving it, in a relationshipy sort of way. Although I wish it had happened a little earlier, so you could revel in the HEA for a bit. But, I guess that's why they call it the ending, lol.

message 4: by Tracey (new)

Tracey | 1 comments I just loved this story but also wished the relationship / love thing happened a bit earlier. I just wanted to absorb more of them being together and working it all out and being happy. I cannot wait for another book by Jennifer.

message 5: by Carly (new)

Carly (Lis les Livres) (lisleslivres) | 6 comments I wish there was a sequel to this. I wasn't a fan of the ending. It left me with too many questions.

message 6: by Kapri (new)

Kapri (loveleabooks) Yes I agree

message 7: by Lena ♫ ♪ , Jennifer's Personal Cheerleader (new)

I agree with everything everyone just said. While I enjoyed the romance, I do wish it happened earlier on in the story. To me, the ending felt a little rushed, possibly because their relationship didn't bloom till later in the book.

And also, while I enjoy abstract endings ever so often (so you can come up with your own conclusion), I do wish this one had a more concrete one. Did Hunter and Erin end up together? WILL THERE BE A SEQUEL?! Because I definitely hope so!

message 8: by Jenny (new)

Jenny i agree, there should have been a sequel i didnt really like the ending

message 9: by Lena ♫ ♪ , Jennifer's Personal Cheerleader (new)

Agreed. Maybe we should petition Jennifer. "Umm, so we kind of need a sequel to Love Story. Just sayin'."

message 10: by Katelyn (new)

Katelyn | 1 comments Tracey wrote: "I just loved this story but also wished the relationship / love thing happened a bit earlier. I just wanted to absorb more of them being together and working it all out and being happy. I cannot ..."

I completely agree and would LOVE a sequel to this one!

message 11: by Janae (new)

Janae (syovata) | 3 comments The ending was rushed and their friendship could've bloomed earlier. The ending was rushed but I think that is only because most of the book was used for Erin to get over her aversion to Hunter and get their story out. So yes there couldn't been more, I wish there was.
I don't think that I'd of minded reading more, but the questions left are something that really want to know. Their relationship?
This is the first book I've read by her and I really do wish that we could've met her grandmother, I wanted to understand why Erin felt that way towards her. Sure the story says some but I wanted verbal contact. Are her other books good too?

message 12: by Fred (new)

Fred (flybrariman) Her other books are awesome, especially Going Too Far, and all of her Simon Pulse romantic comedies, which are funny, cute, touching and cleverly written. The Ex-Games, and Endless Summer are both (well, Endless Summer is sort of two books, so maybe I should say all three)really enjoyable, I bet you'd love them. Forget You is pretty great also. Actually, you can't go wrong with any/all of her books, but those are my favs.

message 13: by Janae (new)

Janae (syovata) | 3 comments Fred wrote: "Her other books are awesome, especially Going Too Far, and all of her Simon Pulse romantic comedies, which are funny, cute, touching and cleverly written. The Ex-Games, and Endless Summer are both..."

thanks that's good know and I will be sure to read them!

message 14: by Stephenie (new)

Stephenie  (StephenieInKY) I really enjoyed this book. I loved the horse aspect and that it is set in Kentucky because I live here and this is really horse racing country. She really got all of it right and explained it really well. The relationship was nice but it ended so abruptly. I read this on my kindle and thought I didn't get the whole book. Maybe their is a sequel in the future?

message 15: by Fred (new)

Fred (flybrariman) Stephenie (StephieReadsBooks) wrote: "I really enjoyed this book. I loved the horse aspect and that it is set in Kentucky because I live here and this is really horse racing country. She really got all of it right and explained it real..."

Hey Stephenie, since you mentioned liking the horse aspect, I hope it won't be rude to promote my review, where I talk about my take on what the horses mean to the story. Here's a link to it, just in case you might want to take a look, thanks: http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...

message 16: by Stephenie (new)

Stephenie  (StephenieInKY) Fred wrote: "Stephenie (StephieReadsBooks) wrote: "I really enjoyed this book. I loved the horse aspect and that it is set in Kentucky because I live here and this is really horse racing country. She really got..."

Absolutely but let me clarify. I live in the Horse Racing Capital of the World (Lexington, KY). I am not a part of it. Though I do gamble from time to time at Keeneland and Churchill Downs.

I would love to look at your review. :)